Sad world

Sad world

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by Dasa
I am constantly being confronted by persons refusing to accept common sense, rationality, logic and true knowledge.

Sadly these are the symptoms of the age we live in when false religion allows for killing and false science presents everything has come from nothing.

It is the age of foolishness and bewilderment where dishonesty is encouraged by all who subscribe to falsity.

Also sadly no one is shamed by this.
l feel shamed by you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Look inward before you cast outwards.

Fool.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 11

More manipulation of words to not acknowledge the truth of what i said.

This constant manipulation and word play is a dishonest tactic employed to evade the truth.
You haven't said anything true that I didn't already know. Most of what
you say is hogwash.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
I honestly believe it is ok to eat meat. Your assertion that I am being "dishonest" is baseless.
That,s because you have rationalized and manipulated a wrong and turned it into a right......for you.

Your not alone though because the Christians have taken "thou shalt not kill"and turned it into "thou shalt kill' so they can continue to eat the flesh of dead animals.

This is all dishonest behaviour.

To be an honest man the person who follows false religion must say I will continue to kill animals because I cannot control my tongue, and I know its wrong but I cant help myself................at least they are being truthful about it, but to say its not wrong is simply absurd and of course dishonest.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 11

That,s because you have rationalized and manipulated a wrong and turned it into a right......for you.

Your not alone though because the Christians have taken "thou shalt not kill"and turned it into "thou shalt kill' so they can continue to eat the flesh of dead animals.

This is all dishonest behaviour.

To be an honest man the person who follows false r ...[text shortened]... being truthful about it, but to say its not wrong is simply absurd and of course dishonest.
Is there any limit on killing being wrong. For example is it wrong to kill a
cockroach, a fly, or an ant? Would you feel guilty if you stepped on a bug
and killed it? If so, what would you have to do to get rid of this guilt?

F

Moves
31 Jul 11

Well I fully respect your belief that eating meat is wrong for you. I, however, do not share your belief system, so the prohibition you perceive and adhere to, does not apply to me. This is an honest statement of what I believe and an honest statement of my respect for your lifestyle choices and your own spiritual autonomy that underpins those choices. There is no "dishonesty" involved, Dasa.

F

Moves
31 Jul 11
1 edit

To be an honest man the person who follows false religion must say I will continue to kill animals because I cannot control my tongue, and I know its wrong but I cant help myself................at least they are being truthful about it, but to say its not wrong is simply absurd and of course dishonest.
You are misusing the words "dishonest" and "absurd", Dasa. I don't believe that eating meat is wrong. You do believe that eating meat is wrong. What we have here are two different belief systems regarding the eating of meat. We differ. We disagree. I am being honest with you here. And I am not calling you dishonest. In spiritual matters such divergence is common, not "absurd".

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
You are misusing the words "dishonest" and "absurd", Dasa. I don't believe that eating meat is wrong. You do believe that eating meat is wrong. What we have here are two different belief systems regarding the eating of meat. We differ. We disagree. I am being honest with you here. And I am not calling you dishonest. In spiritual matters such divergence is common, not "absurd".
Spiritual matters deal in absolutes and universals, and because of this there is no options to construct these absolutes according to whimsical beliefs.

For example there is an absolute law that raping a child is wrong and there is no circumstance where it could be believed to be right.

So there is an absolute law that killing our fellow creatures is wrong.......and such a law is wrong for all persons at all times.

So your belief that it is not wrong does not change the fact that it is wrong.

You have simply allowed yourself to believe something false.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Your behaviour as regards killing is wrong.

But you may change.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Jul 11
1 edit

Spiritual matters deal in absolutes and universals, and because of this there is no options to construct these absolutes according to whimsical beliefs.

For example there is an absolute law that raping a child is wrong and there is no circumstance where it could be believed to be right.

So there is an absolute law that killing our fellow creatures is wron ...[text shortened]... e of the law is no excuse.

But you may change.
You regard killing an animal on the same level as raping a child? Or are there levels within the level of absolutism you talk about?

Christianity does not teach that killing animals is wrong nor that eating meat is wrong - quite the opposite in fact. So Christians have not disobeyed the scripture "Thou shalt not kill" as you assert elsewhere; and you are misusing that scripture anyway as it refers to murdering human beings.

By the way, you are quite mad you know.

F

Moves
31 Jul 11

So there is an absolute law that killing our fellow creatures is wron ...[text shortened]... e of the law is no excuse.

But you may change.
I fully understand that you do not subscribe to my belief system. We both believe that raping a child is wrong. But we disagree about eating meat. I fully understand that you believe your beliefs are "absolutes and universals" and that there is "no option" to disagree with you, but because I don't subscribe to your belief system, I don't recognize your beliefs as being synonymous with "absolute truths". Nor do I recognize your beliefs as amounting to "laws" that I am "ignorant" of. I have no wish to change your beliefs no project my beliefs onto you and onto the way you lead your life.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by divegeester
You regard killing an animal on the same level as raping a child? Or are there levels within the level of absolutism you talk about?

Christianity does not teach that killing animals is wrong nor that eating meat is wrong - quite the opposite in fact. So Christians have not disobeyed the scripture "Thou shalt not kill" as you assert elsewhere; and you ...[text shortened]... ture anyway as it refers to murdering human beings.

By the way, you are quite mad you know.
The Bible has been changed in my life time to say "thou shalt not murder" instead of the "thou shalt not kill" because the Christians are adamant to kill without conscience.

Disgraceful and dishonest!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 Jul 11

The Bible has been changed in my life time to say "thou shalt not murder" instead of the "thou shalt not kill" because the Christians are adamant to kill without conscience.

Disgraceful and dishonest!
Maybe you could explain your definition of the word 'dishonest'?!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
I fully understand that you do not subscribe to my belief system. We both believe that raping a child is wrong. But we disagree about eating meat. I fully understand that you believe your beliefs are "absolutes and universals" and that there is "no option" to disagree with you, but because I don't subscribe to your belief system, I don't recognize your beliefs a ...[text shortened]... nge your beliefs no project my beliefs onto you and onto the way you lead your life.
As regards to religion you cannot invent a belief system to ease the burden of your conscience.

It is dishonest and a manipulative tactic.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jul 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Maybe you could explain your definition of the word 'dishonest'?!
To knowingly present falsity as truth.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 Jul 11
1 edit

To knowingly present falsity as truth.
Who decides what is 'falsity'? And how do you know if someone is knowingly presenting 'falsity'?

p
Dawg of the Lord

The South

Moves
31 Jul 11
1 edit

I am constantly being confronted by persons refusing to accept common sense, rationality, logic and true knowledge.

I don't see why you're surprised. You've presented nothing resembling common sense or true knowledge in any of your posts. You march in here and announce that eating animals is cruelty as if that were common sense, when you can see that even if it is sense, it is far from common, and merely asserting it without any further support is likely to go over about as well as a lead Zeppelin. And not only that, then you go off confidently announcing things that are demonstrably false, such as that the Bible has been changed over the past 30 years to support animal slaughter. I've been around long enough to know that that isn't true from personal experience. Even your assertion that the KJV translators added things to support their evil lust for meat was news to me; but I'd like to see some documentation, if you don't mind, before I take your word as gospel.

So... not only have you presented no common sense statements, you have promulgated blatant falsehoods yourself. If you can't see that, I don't know what's keeping you from it. What entitles you to your place on the pedestal when you're a pretty miserable failure by your own standards?

Sadly these are the symptoms of the age we live in when false religion allows for killing and false science presents everything has come from nothing.

It is the age of foolishness and bewilderment where dishonesty is encouraged by all who subscribe to falsity.

Also sadly no one is shamed by this.

Well, just about anybody in here could say all of that and more; from each of our respective points of view, most of those who fundamentally disagree with us look like deluded fools promoting blatant falsehoods, and seem to leave no stone unturned to promote their evil agendas and convert us to their wicked ways. We even get this from those like sonhouse who present themselves as the voices of sober reason. (That doesn't mean that some of us aren't right, of course 🙂 ; but that's a question that won't be settled by who can sling the most mud or call each other the nastiest names, and certainly not by mere assertions backed up by bald-faced lies.)

So stop telling such obvious lies, and come up with some real common sense. Please.