Sad but true, some hold this point of view:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jul 12
1 edit

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it." - Flannery O'Connor

gb

Moves
20 Jul 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Sad but true, some hold this point of view:

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it." - Flannery O'Connor

gb[/b]
Where are you going?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 12

gb[/b]
Who here thinks like this? the atheists??

Moves
20 Jul 12

gb[/b]
This line was spoken by a character in her first novel (Wise Blood) who founds a church called The Church of God Without Christ.

Moves
20 Jul 12

Originally posted by JS357
This line was spoken by a character in her first novel (Wise Blood) who founds a church called The Church of God Without Christ.
You're saying grampy bobby is not original...?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Where are you going?
“If you don’t know where you’re going, you might end up some place else.” -Berra

>Sent from arena two

Moves
20 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
You're saying grampy bobby is not original...?
GB attributed it to her, the author, but this does not mean she was expressing her view. I wanted to help clarify that. Apparently (ref: wikipedia) she was a devout Christian all her short life. I think it expresses the existential meaningless that many Christians say that the nonbeliever confronts, a meaninglessness that Christianity defeats, for its followers.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 12

GB attributed it to her, the author, but this does not mean she was expressing her view. I wanted to help clarify that. Apparently (ref: wikipedia) she was a devout Christian all her short life. I think it expresses the existential meaningless that many Christians say that the nonbeliever confronts, a meaninglessness that Christianity defeats, for its followers.
Existensialism . Now that would be a great debate topic๐Ÿ˜‰

Moves
20 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Existensialism . Now that would be a great debate topic๐Ÿ˜‰
Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Well, that didn't work but its the thread number, the OP is titled Spirituality and Existentialism and you were one of the posters to it.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Well, that didn't work but its the thread number, the OP is titled Spirituality and Existentialism and you were one of the posters to it.
Thread 138362

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Are you claiming karoly aczel exists because he posts?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Jul 12

Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Yeah well i guess we tried. Made a little dent. Lemonjello summed it up pretty well in the end.

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yeah well i guess we tried. Made a little dent. Lemonjello summed it up pretty well in the end.
Yes, he did, in reaction to a poster's need to believe in an external source of meaning instead of realizing the source is oneself. Even the choice to place the source outside oneself, is our own to make or not.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2782.Viktor_E_Frankl

And thanks to FMF. threadid it is.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Jul 12

Yes, he did, in reaction to a poster's need to believe in an external source of meaning instead of realizing the source is oneself. Even the choice to place the source outside oneself, is our own to make or not.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2782.Viktor_E_Frankl

And thanks to FMF. threadid it is.
Aye ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks FMF ๐Ÿ™‚