Ring of Fire

Ring of Fire

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
The verse I quoted is not concerned with an increase in frequency so much as their occurrence in "divers(e) places", even showing up where few if any have been recorded before.
It is a generally vague verse. But my point was not so much what its exact interpretation should be but rather the fact that there are people that confuse the frequency of news items with statistics of actual events. It is a fact that the News gives us a highly inaccurate view of the world and we should always strive to check statistics before making conclusions about what we see on the news with regards to frequency of events.

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yes, I am fully aware of plate tectonics. I guess that means to you that I am not your average Christian. And yes, taken alone, it certainly is a poor indicator of "end times".

I quoted the verse mainly to forestall all this questioning about "why is this thread in Spirituality at all?" I would hope that the veterans of the Spirituality forum aren't q ...[text shortened]... son why this cannot be discussed here. Let's not adopt the "Gestapo tactics" in this forum too.
The reason this forum has different sections for discussing different topics is
the same reason almost any forum over a certain size has subsections.
So that discussions can be held on particular topics without being crowded out
by discussions on more popular topics or just all lost in the din.

Spirituality is a very busy forum with lots of new threads and heated discussions
in which it's very easy to loose a thread in the throng.

Given that it's not unreasonable or anything remotely 'Gestapo' like to suggest that
threads that have nothing to do with spirituality get posted elsewhere.
Suggesting otherwise is, as I am sure you are well aware, hyperbole in the extreme.

There is a good and sensible reason for having sub forums in which people post on
particular topics. if you are going to call this closed minded then i would ask if you
think it's closed minded that most people object to people driving on the wrong side of
the road?
Over the millennia we have actually collectively figured some stuff out, and it's not
closed minded to advocate/promote/enforce codes and practices that we know and
understand to be beneficial and sensible.

So, do you really and truly see no problem with people posting about anything that
crosses their minds in this one forum... or were you just picking a fight?

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is a generally vague verse. But my point was not so much what its exact interpretation should be but rather the fact that there are people that confuse the frequency of news items with statistics of actual events. It is a fact that the News gives us a highly inaccurate view of the world and we should always strive to check statistics before making conclusions about what we see on the news with regards to frequency of events.
This. Oh so much this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
The reason this forum has different sections for discussing different topics is
the same reason almost any forum over a certain size has subsections.
So that discussions can be held on particular topics without being crowded out
by discussions on more popular topics or just all lost in the din.

Spirituality is a very busy forum with lots of new t ...[text shortened]... about anything that
crosses their minds in this one forum... or were you just picking a fight?
Actually, both. 😀

And what I was taking issue with is people getting all twerked up about a cross post. %&$# happens. We don't have to go all Nazi on them about it. Let's leave that for the Science forum, they're much better at it through force of habit.