RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Topics of general interest without attribution from time to time, sure. Here's a quote from my taxi driver today on the way home from grocery shopping: "Last Saturday I stayed up half the night and finally figured out the meaning of life. When I woke up I had forgotten it." lol Then he got serious and said: "You know, Bob, I can't believe how some peopl ...[text shortened]... man race." Asked if I could post his comments in an online public forum. He said: "I'm honored."
Well, plenty of taxi drivers say pretty gormless things here in Indonesia as well. If his insouciance appealed to you, then good for you. What about the things you've learned from non-believers ~ you mentioned them in your OP?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15
3 edits

Topics of general interest without attribution from time to time, sure.
Your inability or reluctance (or both) to engage in meaningful discussion related to your own OP is quite astonishing. I note with interest how you continue to gather information about other forum members for use at a later date. You wonder why your reputation here is what it is and you speculate that the cause is your username; I think some introspective analysis of your own motives which drive your behaviour could benefit.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Your inability or reluctance (or both) to engage in meaningful discussion related to your own OP is quite astonishing. I note with interest how you continue to gather information about other forum members for use at a later date. You wonder why your reputation here is what it is and you speculate that the cause is your username; I think some introspective analysis of your own motives which drive your behaviour could benefit.
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent posts. Which "contributors"? Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity. All of you are invited to post here, except trolls. -Bob (Page 3)

"Here's a place to footnote comments you may have...."
An example was given. Thread topic is comments you may have.
There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of....

F

Moves
28 Jan 15

[b]RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent ...[text shortened]... omments you may have.[/b][/i]
There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of....[/b]
This is the fourth time you have copy pasted your own OP in a little over 3 pages.

F

Moves
28 Jan 15

"Here's a place to footnote comments you may have...."
An example was given. [b]Thread topic is [i]comments you may have.
What comments do you have about the example you gave in the OP?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15

[b]RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent ...[text shortened]... omments you may have.[/b][/i]
There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of....[/b]
You Repeatedly Copy/pasting your own posts as though they contain some inherent wisdom or power is quite toe-curling.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15

There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of....
I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's "unstated purpose" is behind his OP...

Any takers....?

F

Moves
28 Jan 15

I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's [b]"unstated purpose" is behind his OP...

Any takers....?[/b]
A demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at the OP poster's disposal? 😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

Another Original Post example: Whenever there's a personal message from friends or strangers who haven't been active on this spirituality forum for awhile, I'll usually go to their profiles to read the most recent posts before opening the message with the hope of being able to reply in an informed way. Why? Dad often said: "Boys, if something is worth doing, do it right and in the right way." Somewhat like using the Analyze Feature before making your next move in a chess game.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's [b]"unstated purpose" is behind his OP...

Any takers....?[/b]
Look in the vanity mirror in your bathroom at home: the person you see is already fulfilling the "unstated purpose".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15

Look in the vanity mirror in your bathroom at home: the person you see is already fulfilling the "unstated purpose".
Oh I see...*, there really isn't an "unstated purpose", it's just an opportunity for a little jab. No problem, please carry on with your fascinating thread.

*as though it was going to be anything else.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

Oh I see...*, there really isn't an "unstated purpose", it's just an opportunity for a little jab. No problem, please carry on with your fascinating thread.

*as though it was going to be anything else.
The thread's unstated purpose will begin to become apparent to you as soon as you gain some perspective on the fray.

F

Moves
28 Jan 15

The thread's unstated purpose will begin to become apparent to you as soon as you gain some perspective on the fray.
Is your thread's unstated purpose to make condescending remarks about or to people you don't like?

F

Moves
28 Jan 15
1 edit

Another Original Post example: Whenever there's a personal message from friends or strangers who haven't been active on this spirituality forum for awhile, I'll usually go to their profiles to read the most recent posts before opening the message with the hope of being able to reply in an informed way.

Let me get this straight. Are you referring to replies you have written ~ that no one here has seen [and which you are claiming were written "in an informed way"] ~ in reply to private Personal Messages that no one here has seen ~ written by people who will remain nameless, about topics that will remain undisclosed, that drew what you are claiming were carefully 'researched' answers from you that will however remain confidential?

I agree with the OP ... that this navel-gazing revelation "wouldn't merit a thread of its own". 😉

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15

How can I "gain perspective" on your "unstated purpose" when you refuse to engage with legitimate questions relating to your OP? I actually think you're making all this up to deflect from the fact that are refusing to engage. It's quite entertaining though.