Religion Class

Religion Class

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jan 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Only the Europeans were contacted and instructed by God.

I do get suspicious by that fact.
The people of the Middle East are Asians, surely?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

Originally posted by @eladar
As for gender, of course God is neither male nor female, but there are Gender roles and God functions as the male figure.

God created gender and one purpose was to give a physical relationship between us and him.

For those who recueve eternal life they will have neither a gender of male or female, yet they are still described as being the bride of Christ. So to answer your question of gender, God is male.
Another false statement .. ..For those who recueve eternal life they .... are still described as being the bride of Christ Where ? Please show where they are described as the bride of Christ.

Of all the references to the bride of Christ most refer to the New Jerusalem. The church or those who will receive eternal life are referred to as the BODY OF CHRIST ... many times, never are they referred to as the bride of Christ.

E

Moves
08 Jan 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Another false statement .. ..For those who recueve eternal life they .... are still described as being the bride of Christ Where ? Please show where they are described as the bride of Christ.

Of all the references to the bride of Christ most refer to the New Jerusalem. The church or those who will receive eternal life are referred to as the BODY OF CHRIST ... many times, never are they referred to as the bride of Christ.
Ephesians 5

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.[a] 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body. 31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband

I think the confusion is over the idea of one. A husband and wife become one body. In the same way Jesus and the church become one body.

Glad to be of use explaining this subject. It is a bit confusing for some.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

Originally posted by @js357
Perhaps I need to expand the question, or refocus it away from the issue of proof which has been discussed here many times.

What does “God is a person” mean to you? Does God have a personality? Does God display moods, emotions, feelings; does God have and express thoughts in spoken words? Does God change over time? In what ways, if any, are we made in the ...[text shortened]... e God? Is God gendered? Or are these just oversimplifications that show the limits of our minds?
Here are my answers

What does “God is a person” mean to you?
A creator of worlds, and beings. Ill wager he has created them by the millions all over the universe

Does God have a personality?
Yes

Does God display moods, emotions, feelings; does God have and express thoughts in spoken words?
yes

Does God change over time?
Yes, His mind changes

In what ways, if any, are we made in the image of God, such that we can understand the ways we are like God?
Physlcal likeness. Similar emotions, knowledge of good and evil

Is God gendered?
Yes, male

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

Ephesians 5

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave h ...[text shortened]... h become one body.

Glad to be of use explaining this subject. It is a bit confusing for some.
Vague ... nothing there stating clearly that anyone is the bride of Christ .. nothing.

But here : Now ye are the body of Christ .. (1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV)

Crystal clear. Glad to be of use explaining this subject. It is a bit confusing for some

And there are more like that. Plus the New Jerusalem is called the bride of Christ.

E

Moves
08 Jan 18

Vague ... nothing there stating clearly that anyone is the bride of Christ .. nothing.

But here : Now ye are the body of Christ .. (1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV)

Crystal clear. Glad to be of use explaining this subject. It is a bit confusing for some

And there are more like that. Plus the New Jerusalem is called the bride of Christ.
Are you really that blind?

It clearly states the church is the bride of Christ.

It clearly states that husband and wife are one body.

If you can't see that you need to reread it until you can see the obvious message.

Moves
08 Jan 18

Here are my answers

What does “God is a person” mean to you?
[b] A creator of worlds, and beings. Ill wager he has created them by the millions all over the universe

Does God have a personality?
Yes

Does God display moods, emotions, feelings; does God have and express thoughts in spoken words?
yes

Does God change over ti ...[text shortened]... keness. Similar emotions, knowledge of good and evil[/b]

Is God gendered?
Yes, male[/b]
1, "Does God change over time?" "Yes, His mind changes"

2. "From Hebrews 13 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

There are some statements between you and others that I will set aside for now. These two above seem to contradict. One of them, the second, is Biblical, Is there Biblical support of the other?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

1, "Does God change over time?" "Yes, His mind changes"

2. "From Hebrews 13 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

There are some statements between you and others that I will set aside for now. These two above seem to contradict. One of them, the second, is Biblical, Is there Biblical support of the other?
One person / being can be of differing minds, at different points in time.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

Are you really that blind?

It clearly states the church is the bride of Christ.

It clearly states that husband and wife are one body.

If you can't see that you need to reread it until you can see the obvious message.
Your Ephesians does not even contain the word 'bride'. How can it clearly state that the church is the bride?

Your Ephesians passage contains the word 'body'. It says that the members is the body of Christ ...

You are a comedian.

E

Moves
08 Jan 18

Your Ephesians does not even contain the word 'bride'. How can it clearly state that the church is the bride?

Your Ephesians passage contains the word 'body'. It says that the members is the body of Christ ...

You are a comedian.
Ok you are that blind.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

Ok you are that blind.
I dont swallow church doctrine.
i can read.
Paul said body.
Nowhere does it say bride.

E

Moves
08 Jan 18

I dont swallow church doctrine.
i can read.
Paul said body.
Nowhere does it say bride.
How about 2 Corinthians?

11 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 18

How about 2 Corinthians?

11 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.
BRIDE OF CHRIST & BODY.OF CHRIST

There are clear statements that the BRIDE OF CHRIST is the New Jerusalem

There are clear statements that the BODY OF CHRIST is the church and its members.

So far you have heresay and specilation and deductions which contradict the clear statements that the church is the BODY OF CHRIST.

Moves
08 Jan 18

How about 2 Corinthians?

This Religion Class thread seems to have been disrupted.

Moves
08 Jan 18

This Religion Class thread seems to have been disrupted.
https://www.gotquestions.org/immutability-God.html

I found the above site by a search. It addresses the current discussion I have been involved in.