relationships

relationships

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
Actually, this is the first time I've said this to you. But I find you talking about your own aversion to sex very unappealing and a tad unnecessary. It's only relevant to you and I do not accept that it has any genuine spiritual underpinning, at least not in my terms of human and spiritual reference. I'm sorry that you have lost the desire for sex with your wif ...[text shortened]... oes not render sexual relationships with my life partner "distasteful". Quite the contrary.
99% of the world religions agree with you...at least on this one point...

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by Doward
99% of the world religions agree with you...at least on this one point...
99% of the worlds religions are false religions, and this is why they all have trouble with the sex issue.

They are not receiving higher knowledge and therefore they are stuck with falsity which does not bring them to the higher spiritual platform.

Persons who are experiencing spiritual pleasure, do not chase after the pleasure that is available to the hogs, dogs camels and asses.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by FMF
I'm sorry to hear that you find sex "mundane".

[b]sex it is not the ultimate pleasure .........but it quickly becomes the lowest pleasure that is freely available to the hogs, dogs, camels and asses.

I would have thought that by now you'd have realised that trying to insult people with different belief systems from you doesn't work.[/b]
Its not a belief that when a persons raises their consciousness,....... they dont chase after sex which freely is available to even he animals.

Its a fact....an undeniable fact.

Your glorifying sex is revealing your ignorance.

Moves
10 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa
Its not a belief that when a persons raises their consciousness,....... they dont chase after sex which freely is available to even he animals.

You got a lot of "attention" from your original post degenerating sex didn't you. Then it all went a bit quiet, and now, here you are again dialling up the sex thing.

You sad, fraudulent, yet transparent troll. My weariness with your insults and hypocrisy is only surpassed by my contempt for your falsity.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 11

Chasing sex and being sexy are two very different things.

did you understand my why I said the base chakra must be open?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Mar 11

99% of the worlds religions are false religions, and this is why they all have trouble with the sex issue.

They are not receiving higher knowledge and therefore they are stuck with falsity which does not bring them to the higher spiritual platform.

Persons who are experiencing spiritual pleasure, do not chase after the pleasure that is available to the hogs, dogs camels and asses.
"99% of the worlds religions are false religions, and this is why they all have trouble with the sex issue."

What sex issue? Normal, well balanced people don't have sex issues. That fallacy is a creation of perverts with sex 'issues'.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"99% of the worlds religions are false religions, and this is why they all have trouble with the sex issue."

What sex issue? Normal, well balanced people don't have sex issues. That fallacy is a creation of perverts with sex 'issues'.[/b]
I do think a lot of couples have sex issues, but I dont think its as directly related to spirtuality as Dasa makes out.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I do think a lot of couples have sex issues, but I dont think its as directly related to spirtuality as Dasa makes out.
Is this thread about sex now?

Let's make a distinction between sex 'issues' and sex 'problems'.

I don't see sex issues as a problem. Sex problems can be an issue, but sex issues are not a problem.

How does that sound?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 11
1 edit

Is this thread about sex now?

Let's make a distinction between sex 'issues' and sex 'problems'.

I don't see sex issues as a problem. Sex problems can be an issue, but sex issues are not a problem.

How does that sound?
Yes, I was more interested in what part spirituality plays in relationships, and it seems to have been hi-jacked into making it about sexual conduct.

I really would love to hear some other peoples, (including your), opinions about relationships as they relate to spirtuality.

BTW, it sounds sound,(your answer, questions), but I dont have time right now to answer you properly, perhaps someone else can take up the slack, or I will get back to this a bit later. Thanks josephw

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes, I was more interested in what part spirituality plays in relationships, and it seems to have been hi-jacked into making it about sexual conduct.

I really would love to hear some other peoples, (including your), opinions about relationships as they relate to spirtuality.

BTW, it sounds sound,(your answer, questions), but I dont have time rig ...[text shortened]... rhaps someone else can take up the slack, or I will get back to this a bit later. Thanks josephw
"I really would love to hear some other peoples, (including your), opinions about relationships as they relate to spirtuality."

Marriage is the highest form of any relationship between a man and a woman.

There's nothing else on earth like it. Done God's way that is.

T

Moves
11 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Dasa's spitting at the thought of sex with his wife? Sex is distasteful and unnecessary? Genuine spiritual realization goes hand in hand with a genuine lack of desire for sex? I'd be curious as to which 'concept' you accept. I don't accept any of it. Not at all. Not for me anyway. I accept that he thinks - or sincerely believes - that eschewing sex is the only p ...[text shortened]... brandishing their purported 'instructions from God'. I haven't met a convincing one yet.
Keep in mind that by saying, "I'd guess that I'm much more accepting than most of some the concepts you've listed here though I'd frame them very differently", I meant for that to convey something very different from saying that I fully accept everything and/or anything as it was framed.

Not sure where to start here as it depends on your conceptual model of what "enlightenment"/"spiritual realization" might entail. Perhaps if you can give me some insight as to how you view them, I'll have an idea of where to begin.

F

Moves
11 Mar 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Not sure where to start here as it depends on your conceptual model of what "enlightenment"/"spiritual realization" might entail. Perhaps if you can give me some insight as to how you view them, I'll have an idea of where to begin.
It is Dasa you need to address as it is he who is defining 'spirituality' in terms of sex being "distateful" and "unnecessary". He is making assertions about you and me and everyone who claims to be a spiritual person. I have answered him, at least in part. I have nothing to present to you about your sexuality or your spirituality.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 11

Still dating your 'girlie'?
I think "dating" is not really a relevant term for realtionships here in Australia.

Yes, we are together, although we live separately. We trust eachother and we seem to have come to a real good balance between our individual natures and our relationship.

We both need to maintain our individual freedoms and have no "hold" over each other.(If you love someone set them free, if they love you....)

I actually started this thread, (with her consent), because we had reached a point in our relationship where are both confortable with the balance we have both achieved.
We have been through a lot together, and it has been very much a case of "what doesn't break you makes you stronger".

She is definately in the "hard case basket", complex and difficult to deal with.
She knows it.
It's taken years (at least 6), but we are now both reeping the rewards of having stuck with our initial interest in eachother.

I can quite confidently say we are as comfortable with eachother as any married couple. She rocks, and I love her unreservedly. I would take a bullet for her any day.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 11

[b]"I really would love to hear some other peoples, (including your), opinions about relationships as they relate to spirtuality."

Marriage is the highest form of any relationship between a man and a woman.

There's nothing else on earth like it. Done God's way that is.[/b]
We have done it "Gods" way, hence my reference to spirtuality within our relatioship.

I believe having a child together is more of a commitment than just marrying someone, but this is just my humble opinion.

We dont need to get a piece of paper from a celebrant to tell us this.

I know that some (all?) christians think that sex before marriage is sinful, but I think that the commitment you make with eachother, and the subsequent sacrifices one must make to back this up are the things that make a successful relationship.
Nothing on the outside , backed by a celebrant and other witnesses, make our relationship any less special.

We both view marriage as nothing but a piece of paper. If marriage was such a "sealer" for a successful relationship than I dont think nearly 50% of couples would get divorced.
The figures speak for themselves.