Real or metaphor

Real or metaphor

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18

Luke 1:43-45 English Standard Version (ESV)
43 And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”

Psalm 139:13
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Isaiah 44:2
Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44:24
Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Genesis 25:21
And Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife, because she was barren. And the Lord granted his prayer, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

Seems that God does indeed have something to do with children
coming into this world. Unless of course you think these are not
real but metaphors?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
43 And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”

For you formed my inward ...[text shortened]... with children
real but metaphors?
Do you think it was a metaphor when god killed all the children in the world during the Great Flood? Or was that a literal description of genocide?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18

@rwingett said
Do you think it was a metaphor when god killed all the children in the world during the Great Flood? Or was that a literal description of genocide?
Very literal, its also very literal that every life God forms here He appoints a time
for each one to die and move on. So you can pick an event, a judgment, or in one's
sleep we are all going to die.

c

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Very literal, its also very literal that every life God forms here He appoints a time
for each one to die and move on. So you can pick an event, a judgment, or in one's
"God appoints a time".

Are you sure about that? What if a person commits suicide, like Robin Williams? Of if a guy gets drunk and stumbles off a cliff?

Does free will alter God's appointed time for us?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
"God appoints a time".

Are you sure about that? What if a person commits suicide, like Robin Williams? Of if a guy gets drunk and stumbles off a cliff?

There is a time limit we each have, I think murder and suicide throws that time back
into God's face. Suicide we give up on God and life, murder we steal something
away from someone who can never recover from, and rob God of what He was
going to get out of that life remaining time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
"God appoints a time".

The stumbling off the cliff, well that could be either an appointed time, or stupidity
took it away.

c

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
There is a time limit we each have, I think murder and suicide throws that time back
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Otherwise it would have seemed God somehow had murder or suicide as part of His plan.

So I guess free will does alter God's plan for us.

T

Moves
23 Oct 18
7 edits

@kellyjay said

real but metaphors?
This is what you do KJ. You take verses out of context and make up whatever meaning suits you.

For example, Isaiah 44 is referring to the nation of Israel. It's figurative.

Isaiah 44
1“But now listen, O Jacob, My servant,
And Israel, whom I have chosen:

This IMMEDIATELY precedes one of the verses you cited. How could have you possibly ignored it? Especially with it also being referenced in that very verse: "...Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. "

T

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
...its also very literal that every life God forms here He appoints a time

Rather than "literal", how is that not speculation on your part?

T

Moves
23 Oct 18
2 edits

@kellyjay said
IIRC you at one time said that you support capital punishment.

How does it not "throw that time back into God's face" and "rob God of what He was
going to get out of that life"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Perhaps you believe as Grampy Bobby infamously once stated in this forum, that “suicide is an insult to God and their families”.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Oct 18

@kellyjay said

real but metaphors?
Your version of god is a psychopathic monster who will personally “knit” the bodies of unborn children together while at the same time knowing he will in a “breath” be personally torturing them with fire for eternity.

Your concept of god is a twisted knot of moral incomprehension and premeditated apocalyptic genocide.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
"God appoints a time".

Combine the predestination that KellyJay talks about with the knitting together of babies and the subsequent burning alive of them in a designed and created eternal hell and what do you conclude?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18
3 edits

@divegeester said
Combine the predestination that KellyJay talks about with the knitting together of babies and the subsequent burning alive of them in a designed and created eternal hell and what do you conclude?
We are not here for us, we are here for His plan, purpose, and design. We have
life because He gave it to us, we live because He supports us, and we will die
because He sets the times for all life. The judgment follows, and He has setup the
rescue from that judgment too, that like all things also rests on Him in His
Kingdom since He is the only One that can be trusted here. The only thing that
stops us from sharing that fate of Satan and His angels is His love for us, and
that we have been redeemed out of death through Jesus Christ. Evil and
wickedness will not move beyond this life into the eternal life being prepared for us.

Genesis 6: 3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”

Hebrews 9: 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Perhaps you believe as Grampy Bobby infamously once stated in this forum, that “suicide is an insult to God and their families”.
It is a defeat that takes an eternal solution and applies it to a temporary problem.