Quotes from American Founding Fathers

Quotes from American Founding Fathers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
two words for your religious stance that i want you to suck up into your mind,
unobserved phenomena!
I don't have a religious stance, it's not an unobserved phenomena, and unlike RJH who has
the excuse of the bankrupt and useless Texas education system you have no excuse for
not understanding evolution.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's what your ignorant postings on evolution will get from now on.
It is not ignorance on his part. It is a stubborn rejection of the common use meaning of the word 'evolution' because he believes the word is Satanist and must be denied at all costs. He is not ignorant of it meaning, he just refuses to accept it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is not ignorance on his part. It is a stubborn rejection of the common use meaning of the word 'evolution' because he believes the word is Satanist and must be denied at all costs. He is not ignorant of it meaning, he just refuses to accept it.
You are absolutely right. I know his definition and refuse to accept it.
I even quoted Proper Knob a definition I got from a website that I was
willing to except and He refused to agree with it. So I do not accept
any definition for evolution now. As far as I am concerned it does not
exist just like he says God does not exist.

Z

Moves
08 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are absolutely right. I know his definition and refuse to accept it.
I even quoted Proper Knob a definition I got from a website that I was
willing to except and He refused to agree with it. So I do not accept
any definition for evolution now. As far as I am concerned it does not
exist just like he says God does not exist.
one doesn't "accept" evolution. you don't come to like it like you would caviar. evolution is not an acquired taste. evolution is science. you try to understand it. if you don't, nobody cares, it continues to exist despite you. gravitation doesn't cease to exist because you refuse to accept it.

"I even quoted Proper Knob a definition I got from a website that I was
willing to except and He refused to agree with it. "
you sound like you were doing him a huge favour. i can find websites that support alchemy, that doesn't make alchemy real.

"As far as I am concerned it does not exist just like he says God does not exist. "
this is not a negotiation you pharisee. you don't accept evolution only if he accepts god. you acknowledge evolution based on its own merits. then you are a reasonable human being. not if you base your world view on what others think. and him not believing in god is an entirely different thing. god is not provable. god requires faith. from a scientific point of view god doesn't have more merit than the flying spaghetti monster. from a scientific point of view, a concept cannot be "hoped" to be real if lacking evidence. refusing to acknowledge god doesn't make an atheist irrational. it only makes him a pessimist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
one doesn't "accept" evolution. you don't come to like it like you would caviar. evolution is not an acquired taste. evolution is science. you try to understand it. if you don't, nobody cares, it continues to exist despite you. gravitation doesn't cease to exist because you refuse to accept it.

"I even quoted Proper Knob a definition I got from a websi ...[text shortened]... knowledge god doesn't make an atheist irrational. it only makes him a pessimist.
From my scientific point of view "Evolution" has less merit than the flying
spaghetti monster. But God is absolute scientific fact because there would
be no flying spaghetti monster with God. 😀

Z

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
From my scientific point of view "Evolution" has less merit than the flying
spaghetti monster. But God is absolute scientific fact because there would
be no flying spaghetti monster with God. 😀
that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. that is something a kid would say in an argument with another kid "no you are".

are you a grown up or a kid? reasonably intelligent or retarded? by your post, what do you think my first guess would be?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Nov 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
His knowledge of how evolution works though is based on ignorance, he is a man who admits to never having read a book on the topic. That's what i was trying to convey.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
08 Nov 11

His knowledge of how evolution works though is based on ignorance, he is a man who admits to never having read a book on the topic. That's what i was trying to convey.
Oh, come on, he's read the only non-fiction book on the topic! 🙄

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Nov 11

na, they are essentially the same, now if your talking a whale and an antelope, then you may have a point.
And in the blink of an eye...........................he vanished!!!!

rc

Moves
09 Nov 11
6 edits

And in the blink of an eye...........................he vanished!!!!
Unlike you gentlemen of leisure i need to work for a living. My work is physical manual
labour. I work outside in the elements having done so since I was fourteen. My kid
has a project on the Republic Ireland to finish for school which needed my help an
attention. My transcendence as a chess arteest also keeps me busy, i post when i can.
Please believe me, getting into another fruitless discussion concerning the mechanics
of the evolutionary hypothesis is not a high priority at the moment.

You know i believe there is variation within a genus, you know i dont believe in the
transmutation of species for numerous reasons dear Noobster this has consistently
been my stance and always will be. One cannot cite unobserved phenomena as
anything other than a hypothesis.

I believe your stance is purely religious, materialists have a creation myth (again
unobserved), they have dogma, they have luminaries which pontificate the
mandates and principles of the religion, they have Gods they invoke, the God of
science, they have miracles, life from non life in a pre-biotic soup, man you guys
outshine Jesus Christ in every way, he only managed to change five loaves and two
small fish into more loaves and fish, you managed to change a fish into an
amphibian and then into a reptile and then into a bird and eventually a mammal
and the entire human race.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Nov 11

Unlike you gentlemen of leisure i need to work for a living. My work is physical manual
labour. I work outside in the elements having done so since I was fourteen. My kid
has a project on the Republic Ireland to finish for school which needed my help an
attention. My transcendence as a chess arteest also keeps me busy, i post when i can.
...[text shortened]... concerning the mechanics
of the evolutionary hypothesis is not a high priority at the moment.
It's funny that whenever a discussion between you and me comes up about evolution, of which the framework of discussion is not on your terms, you suddenly vanish. You usually cite numerous reasons for your sudden withdrawal, i'm not denying you are a busy man far from it, but a brief check of your posting shows 13 posts since your last on this thread.

As for being a chess arteest, you have seven games going. Five of which are against players who are well lower than you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Nov 11
1 edit

...[text shortened]... nd then into a reptile and then into a bird and eventually a mammal
and the entire human race.
You and your bloody edits!!!

This is exactly what i mean, you're quite happy to enter into the discussion if you can regurgitate your creationist spiel, but when the framework of discussion is not on your terms and you have to answer questions you vanish. It happens every time, those 'closed-minded' shutters come down.

You say it's fruitless, but i don't think it's fruitless to talk through and find out where the problems lie. You've got a brain, your intelligent i don't see what the problem is in talking it through. Well i do, you might learn something that contradicts what your Christian doctrine tells you to believe. Ho hum.

Edit - Just to clarify, it's not just atheists and materialists who accept the evidence for evolution. There are countless people worldwide who believe in God and accept evolution. I know it's a favourite of yours but it's incorrect.

Z

Moves
09 Nov 11

This is exactly what i mean, you're quite happy to enter into the discussion if you can regurgitate your creationist spiel, but when the framework of discussion is not on your terms and you have to answer questions you vanish. It happens every time, those 'closed-minded' shutters come down.

You say it's fruitless, but i ...[text shortened]... eve in God and accept evolution. I know it's a favourite of yours but it's incorrect.
us christians who believe both in god and evolution aren't really christians. we're sinners, and we are doomed to burn in hell.

rc

Moves
09 Nov 11
2 edits

It's funny that whenever a discussion between you and me comes up about evolution, of which the framework of discussion is not on your terms, you suddenly vanish. You usually cite numerous reasons for your sudden withdrawal, i'm not denying you are a busy man far from it, but a brief check of your posting shows 13 posts since your last on this thread.
...[text shortened]... st, you have seven games going. Five of which are against players who are well lower than you.
these are my friends with whom i play regularly. I have hust finished a whole series of
games against players who were higher rated, some by a margin of 500 points. My
blitz career has just taken off, yesterday i beat a 2200+ rated player in a ten minute
blitz game as black! ok i got wasted the first two games, but this represent the
pinnacle of my chess arteestry! Check it out,

vkim (2200) v robbie carrobie (1716)

rc

Moves
09 Nov 11
1 edit

You say it's fruitless, but i eve in God and accept evolution. I know it's a favourite of yours but it's incorrect.
Dude if you can just lay your belief on me ill consider it, time is of the essence to
be sure and there is care on every hand.