Quotes from American Founding Fathers

Quotes from American Founding Fathers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Sounds like most of the Democrats to me.
Oh, please.

If the average American knew how much the Republicans they elect year after year laugh at them for earning chicken-feed in their $50k a year jobs while they sit back and pay less taxes for making at least 5 times as much, while making sure their corporate cronies who pay for their election funds get their own tax breaks and bailouts, they'd be up in arms. But those same Republicans work real hard (especially in an election year, like this year) telling those same hard-working Americans just what they want to hear to keep themselves in office. The fact is that they don't give a damn how much you pay in taxes as long as their corporate sugar-daddies get their billions so they can afford to kick back millions to them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, please.

If the average American knew how much the Republicans they elect year after year laugh at them for earning chicken-feed in their $50k a year jobs while they sit back and pay less taxes for making at least 5 times as much, while making sure their corporate cronies who pay for their election funds get their own tax breaks and bailouts, they'd b ...[text shortened]... r corporate sugar-daddies get their billions so they can afford to kick back millions to them.
Is that why you keep voting for a Democrat no matter what?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'll take the bait -

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" John Adams in a letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

" ...[text shortened]... can be found here -

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html
Thank God not all were as deceitful as these are made out to be.
God formed our great nation inspite of them.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 11

Thank God not all were as deceitful as these are made out to be.
God formed our great nation inspite of them.
These are quotes from your Founding Fathers, i reason it is not very likely after reading them that they intended America to be a Christian nation. Do you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

These are quotes from your Founding Fathers, i reason it is not very likely after reading them that they intended America to be a Christian nation. Do you?
At least some of them did and I am sure, as George Washington said,
God's providence was at work in establishing this land of the free.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 11

At least some of them did and I am sure, as George Washington said,
God's providence was at work in establishing this land of the free.
Exactly. Free to choose whatever religion you wish and also free to choose no religion as well. Free to believe in God and free to not believe in God. You get the point now?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

Exactly. Free to choose whatever religion you wish and also free to choose no religion as well. Free to believe in God and free to not believe in God. You get the point now?
I got the point. HalleluYah !!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11

Is that why you keep voting for a Democrat no matter what?
I keep voting for Democrats because I can't bring myself to vote for a party who has more compassion for corporations in this country than the average hard-working American who's struggling now to pay his bills and mortgage and to put food on his families table and who is being hung out to dry by the very party he keeps voting for.

w

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

I keep voting for Democrats because I can't bring myself to vote for a party who has more compassion for corporations in this country than the average hard-working American who's struggling now to pay his bills and mortgage and to put food on his families table and who is being hung out to dry by the very party he keeps voting for.
Well it's just a good thing that the democrats took control of government in 2008. We are all sooo much better off now!! 😛

If you ask me, the democrats should replace the donkey as their symbol with Che Chavez standing over top of a lifeless fetus.

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by whodey
Well it's just a good thing that the democrats took control of government in 2008. We are all sooo much better off now!! 😛

If you ask me, the democrats should replace the donkey as their symbol with Che Chavez standing over top of a lifeless fetus.
And you should drag your self out of the 17th century and join the rest of the western world in the 21st.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11
2 edits

The corporations and small businesses provide the jobs for the average
hard-working American. The Democrats don't understand that adding
higher taxes on those business only hurt the hard-working American more.
In order to keep the profit margins up so the stock holders are happy to
invest their money with them they either raise prices or cut jobs. Both
of these only hurt those hard-working Americans, if they are still one of
them. Many of those hard-working Americans are also stock holders thru
their retirement and pension plans that are invested in these corporations.
Hurting the corporations and small businesses is like shooting your own
foot. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Must I educate you more on economic matters?

P.S. If the Democrats were really serious they would be concentrating on
the fraud and abuse that occurs in the financial markets on Wall Srteet with
their wheeling-and-dealing to screw people out of their investments. The
Democrats have not owned up to their part in the financial crisis, such as
Barney Frank and others.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
06 Nov 11

The corporations and small businesses provide the jobs for the average
hard-working American. The Democrats don't understand that adding
higher taxes on those business only hurt the hard-working American more.
no it won't. this is a myth perpetrated by republicans and their corporate masters. the most productive era of this country was when corporate taxes were much higher than they are now.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
no it won't. this is a myth perpetrated by republicans and their corporate masters. the most productive era of this country was when corporate taxes were much higher than they are now.
There is a time for everything under the sun. This is not the time to
punish the corporations and small businesses when we need them to
grow and provide more jobs for the people. Do you want the federal
government to take over everything and give out the jobs on the
buddy system. Other countries have already tried that with little
success and most of the time total failure. Look at the growth of
China since they have become more capitalist in allowing private
control of businesses. The free enterprise system is best for economic
growth.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by whodey

Actually I think the jackass symbol works just fine for the dems.

Moves
07 Nov 11

There is a time for everything under the sun. This is not the time to
punish the corporations and small businesses when we need them to
grow and provide more jobs for the people. Do you want the federal
government to take over everything and give out the jobs on the
buddy system. Other countries have already tried that with little
success and most o ...[text shortened]... lowing private
control of businesses. The free enterprise system is best for economic
growth.
How about the massive corporations which are making massive profits while paying no
(or negative) taxes and are laying people off, think its the right time to get them to pay
their share?

The republicans are currently attacking their own (previous) positions simply because a
black man is president and they can't handle that.

The republicans are idiots, and are destroying your country, try watching someone other
than fox news for a change.