quick question for the y.e.c's

quick question for the y.e.c's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Dec 13

at what point did god create the 'programming language' known as dna and what was its purpose?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
at what point did god create the 'programming language' known as dna and what was its purpose?
What is DNA?

DNA is actually a storage medium for the information programming language code of life. God apparently created DNA and the programming language code on the third creation day in order to bring forth plant life.

Moves
06 Dec 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
What is DNA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6PP-C4udkA

DNA is actually a storage medium for the information programming language code of life. God apparently created DNA and the programming language code on the third creation day in order to bring forth plant life.
so it was the 3rd day. you also say that the 'programming language' was to bring forth life. would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 13

so it was the 3rd day. you also say that the 'programming language' was to bring forth life. would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?
That is obviously one important reason.

Moves
06 Dec 13

That is obviously one important reason.
what are the other reasons?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 13

what are the other reasons?
The DNA information code seems to also play an important function in sustaining life and limiting change in kinds while producing varieties and allowing for adaptation.

Moves
07 Dec 13

The DNA information code seems to also play an important function in sustaining life and limiting change in kinds while producing varieties and allowing for adaptation.
both these reasons are part of reproduction. is there any reasons for dna that are not related to reproduction?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Dec 13

both these reasons are part of reproduction. is there any reasons for dna that are not related to reproduction?
As I understant it, DNA information code also contains the instructions for making the various proteins needed in making all the cells that form all parts in a particular creature.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Dec 13
1 edit

would it be fair to say that the sole reason for embedding living things with dna is so they can pass their genetic information during reproduction?
I know you are not addressing me, but why would anyone think the sole purpose of DNA is to pass on genetic information during reproduction? Why pass on something that has no other purpose except to be passed on? Obviously the primary function of DNA is to provide instructions for building and sustaining, the cell or organism. I am also not sure if by 'reproduction' you are referring to whole organisms reproducing or including cell division.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Dec 13
1 edit

Is this leading up to the point that death was introduced at a later date?
Maybe you should also point out that trees had fruit? What purpose would fruit have other than reproduction or giving illegal knowledge to naughty humans?
Also humans had to eat (or the fall of man would never have taken place), and presumably animals did too, so plants must have been growing if not reproducing, so cellular division is a must.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Dec 13

When God created life that was to procreate.
Kelly

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Dec 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I know you are not addressing me, but why would anyone think the sole purpose of DNA is to pass on genetic information during reproduction? Why pass on something that has no other purpose except to be passed on? Obviously the primary function of DNA is to provide instructions for building and sustaining, the cell or organism. I am also not sure if by 'reproduction' you are referring to whole organisms reproducing or including cell division.
Do you also interrupt lawyers who are cross-examining witnesses?

I'm sure he has a point he's getting to, if you'd let him.

Moves
08 Dec 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
shhhhh, you are giving away my cunning plan!!!!!

okay, i'll come clean. i wanted to know if yecs believe that dna is mainly for reproduction and if they believe eve was created as afterthought to keep make adam happy. if this is true then why was adam created with dna?

i was also thinking about the tiny genetic pool adam and eve would have to pass on and all the issues that rise with that.

Moves
08 Dec 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Do you also interrupt lawyers who are cross-examining witnesses?

I'm sure he has a point he's getting to, if you'd let him.
kick his ass out of court judge suzi!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Dec 13

I was thinking about your question, I answered God did it to create life that
also procreated, but I think I'd also throw in that unlike our programming
languages we see rules put in place for things to work that don’t change over
time.

We are always improving our programming languages let alone all the programs we
are writing with them, so there are always newer versions of our programming
languages so we can improve how we code, unlike the rules within biology. The
creator of DNA didn’t need to update to newer versions of code while looking at life
which we do. God’s code can be relied on to remain the same, unlike with our code
where we are always changing into newer versions of our programming languages.

Our languages show us that things just do not happen, so when we see them the
questions of why should be asked. When we see stop and starting mechanisms and
other rules, why do things work one way instead of another? When we see complex
systems functioning in a very high level of complexity it should scream intelligence
in my opinion.
Kelly