Questions

Questions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by jammer
IMO the only test would be whether you believed it was actually God asking you to do these things.
Once you're convinced it's really God the debate is over .. only a fool would disobey at that point.
And do you think Abraham knew it was god?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
STOP AVOIDING THE QUESTION.

If God told you to kill your wife and children, would you do it?
He wouldn't ask me too, so the question is like being asked to draw a
square circle.
Kelly

j

CA, USA

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
And do you think Abraham knew it was god?
Don't know, don't care, just sayin' what (I think) i'd do if God suddenly appeared before me and told me to do anything at all.

Once I know it's God .. I submit, PERIOD.
That, IMO, is simple logic.

It brings up the questions of free will and faith.
Those few with faith obey that faith.
A scientist may only believe what he can see and repeat .. until that moment he stands naked before God .. then he soils his undies and falls to his knees just as if he were a regular humanbeing with a soul.

We can't "know" in this life if God exists or not. We have or attain faith or not .. it's our free choice to make that quest or not. Many dismiss the concept at an early age and never visit the question again.

All i'm sayin' is .. If God showed up at my house, I think i'd recognise Him.
Once in awhile things are obvious.

S

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by jammer
Don't know, don't care, just sayin' what (I think) i'd do if God suddenly appeared before me and told me to do anything at all.

Once I know it's God .. I submit, PERIOD.
That, IMO, is simple logic.

It brings up the questions of free will and faith.
Those few with faith obey that faith.
A scientist may only believe what he can see and repeat .. until ...[text shortened]... howed up at my house, I think i'd recognise Him.
Once in awhile things are obvious.
All I'm asking you for is your view on how you'd reconcile your position (of being actually unable to refuse god) with Abraham's (which is supposed to be a test of his free will). If you are just going to opt out because the question's difficult, why are you bothering getting involved in the discussion?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
All I'm asking you for is your view on how you'd reconcile your position (of being actually unable to refuse god) with Abraham's (which is supposed to be a test of his free will). If you are just going to opt out because the question's difficult, why are you bothering getting involved in the discussion?
He is answering the question; he's saying if God popped up, he'd do whatever God told him to. The Christian morons are dodging the question by saying God would never do something that he already did (several times).

l

not of this world

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
He is answering the question; he's saying if God popped up, he'd do whatever God told him to. The Christian morons are dodging the question by saying God would never do something that he already did (several times).
I would say your statement about christians is wrong, pretending they say God would never do something he has already done. Even in the Bible, there are examples of God doing things he has done before. By the way, you're quite polemic in your way of speaking...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by louisXIV
I would say your statement about christians is wrong, pretending they say God would never do something he has already done. Even in the Bible, there are examples of God doing things he has done before. By the way, you're quite polemic in your way of speaking...
I wasn't referring to Christians in general, I was referring to the Christians in this thread like KellyJay who say God would never ask someone to kill a family member. Since God has already done so, these people are being disingenous.

Thank you.

l

not of this world

Moves
26 Mar 07

I wasn't referring to Christians in general, I was referring to the Christians in this thread like KellyJay who say God would never ask someone to kill a family member. Since God has already done so, these people are being disingenous.

Thank you.
Well, would you say Abraham was a christian? He was not more and not less than a jew. The word christian is derived from the word "Christ", so by definition it is impossible to be a christian before Christ being introduced into this world. Not?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Mar 07

Well, would you say Abraham was a christian? He was not more and not less than a jew. The word christian is derived from the word "Christ", so by definition it is impossible to be a christian before Christ being introduced into this world. Not?
That's not relevant at all. Or would God only ask things of non-Christians?

l

not of this world

Moves
26 Mar 07

That's not relevant at all. Or would God only ask things of non-Christians?
Don't miss the point. If you are talking about christians, you can't argue using non-christians. That's the only point I want to make.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Mar 07

Don't miss the point. If you are talking about christians, you can't argue using non-christians. That's the only point I want to make.
I see you're as thick as most of the "Christians" here. The "Christians" are the only ones in this thread using the ridiculous argument that "God would never do THAT" when he already has. Who he did that to is not important.

Got it?

l

not of this world

Moves
26 Mar 07

I see you're as thick as most of the "Christians" here. The "Christians" are the only ones in this thread using the ridiculous argument that "God would never do THAT" when he already has. Who he did that to is not important.

Got it?
I don't know why you are not able to have a normal discussion without being polemic or aggressive. By the way, what was the exact problem you are referring to?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Mar 07

I don't know why you are not able to have a normal discussion without being polemic or aggressive. By the way, what was the exact problem you are referring to?
Question 2 in the first post in the thread.

Moves
26 Mar 07

Question 2 in the first post in the thread.
My answer to question 2 is this:

God would intervene before you kill your child if he was testing your faith by asking that of you.

l

not of this world

Moves
26 Mar 07

Thanks for replying :-) Let's see if we can satisfy our marauder.