Questions for the amoral theist:

Questions for the amoral theist:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 11

How do you account for the Glen Becks of the world who spout such bigoted nonsense and the David Koreshes and the like?

F

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
How do you account for the Glen Becks of the world who spout such bigoted nonsense and the David Koreshes and the like?
Perhaps it boils down to neither Glenn Beck nor David Koresh being a True Scotsman. Or something like that.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps it boils down to neither Glenn Beck nor David Koresh being a True Scotsman. Or something like that.
Looks like it's a subject the right wing religious nutjob set doesn't want to discuss.

p
Dawg of the Lord

The South

Moves
28 Jul 11
3 edits

Looks like it's a subject the right wing religious nutjob set doesn't want to discuss.
Well, you didn't call the thread "Questions for right-wing religious nutjobs," you called it "Questions for the amoral theist." By the looks of things, if answers from theists on this thread count, I'm the only amoral theist around here... (not 🙂 ) And even I haven't answered the OP.

I imagine self-identifying "moral atheists" are somewhat more common than "amoral theists" who would own up to it. Neat rhetorical spin, though.

(No more "EDIT" markings from me. Pedantry (and version history) be damned. Snappy answers that I think up after the fact are just going to show up unannounced from now on, if they cross my mind before the "edit" link goes away 🙂 ... grammar and spelling fixes too. You get what RHP will let me give you.)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 11

The same way I account for the Nancy Pelosi of the world.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
The same way I account for the Nancy Pelosi of the world.
Kelly
Is that a defense of those two nutjobs? What is the story with Palosi?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jul 11

Its Pelosi, not Palosi, she is a left-wing nutjob in the U.S. Congress.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 11

The world is full of people we can claim are nuts...you have a point?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
The world is full of people we can claim are nuts...you have a point?
Kelly
It seems you are defending both those individuals and probably by extension, Rush Limberger.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 11

It seems you are defending both those individuals and probably by extension, Rush Limberger.
Whatever, again you have a point?
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jul 11

What is wrong with Rush Limberger? Don't you know he has a brain on
loan from God?

Z

Moves
29 Jul 11

free will? god allows us to be morons

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Jul 11
3 edits

He claims to be the "fusion of entertainment and enlightenment." I think that about explains his whole shtick. What makes you think him "amoral," i.e., not involving questions of right or wrong; without moral quality; neither moral nor immoral;
having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong, exactly?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
He claims to be the "fusion of entertainment and enlightenment." I think that about explains his whole shtick. What makes you think him "amoral," i.e., not involving questions of right or wrong; without moral quality; neither moral nor immoral;
having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong, exactly?
Because he is viewed by the right wing as a moral standard. His puke going over the air actually effects people's thinking just like the idiots who listen to Rush Limberger and ACTUALLY TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY. That is where these kind of people are being amoral or immoral. They are like the leaders of the KKK who spout hate on the radio and when someone gets killed, he just says, I never told anyone to kill.......

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Jul 11

Because he is viewed by the right wing as a moral standard. His puke going over the air actually effects people's thinking just like the idiots who listen to Rush Limberger and ACTUALLY TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY. That is where these kind of people are being amoral or immoral. They are like the leaders of the KKK who spout hate on the radio and when someone gets killed, he just says, I never told anyone to kill.......
I don't think you've explained your position on what he does/says that makes him amoral/immoral. I can't say I've heard even a sentence from him--- although I've heard an awful lot about him. What don't you like about him?