Question for the Geester

Question for the Geester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
People suppress the truth all the time, especially when it makes them feel uncomfortable.
Suppressing the truth? You could be referring to my decades of being a Christian. Liberating myself from the dogma and superstitions you still hold to be true was most certainly not a process of suppression but was instead a process of realization.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
"...torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night..."

Let us see how someone could think eternal torment would be expressed, how about
saying it would go on for ever and ever, and to top it off we know they are experiencing
it since we also see they have no rest day or not it does not say they go away and
they are gone. I ...[text shortened]... ming you think only a select few
are to experience this torment that goes on for ever and ever?
You have wilfully changed the wording of the Bible. That puts you are on higher level of deceit so I would not proceed further except to show you that the Bible says ..

THE SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT ..

If a police report stated :
.. the wheels of the car flew off and hit the pedestrian ..
Then an idiot like yourself removed first 3 words and repeated
the car flew off and hit the pedestrian..,
then the meaning is completely changed.

This is why you cannot understand the bible .. you are in idiot trying to pretend that you have understanding and can preach to others but you are mistaken.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Oct 16

Revelation 20:
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Here we see it isn't just people heading toward this lake, and no scripture I'm aware of
suggests that the torment of the lake will end at the destruction of those thrown into it.
This one is clearly stated that only 3 beings will be tormented for day and night for ever and ever . the beast, the false prophet and the devil.

Nobody else.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
You have wilfully changed the wording of the Bible. That puts you are on higher level of deceit so I would not proceed further except to show you that the Bible says ..

Then an idiot like yourself removed first 3 wo ...[text shortened]... iot trying to pretend that you have understanding and can preach to others but you are mistaken.
Insulting me doesn't avoid the fact you ignore the scripture again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 16

This one is clearly stated that only 3 beings will be tormented for day and night for ever and ever . the beast, the false prophet and the devil.

Nobody else.
If you actually read both Relations scriptures I quoted you would have to know that is not true, but again you stay true to your nature ignoring the scripture that doesn't line up with your doctrine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Oct 16

If you actually read both Relations scriptures I quoted you would have to know that is not true, but again you stay true to your nature ignoring the scripture that doesn't line up with your doctrine.
Learn to read.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 16

Learn to read.
You should it would help you see the scripture as its written not as you want it to say.

F

Moves
18 Oct 16

Insulting me doesn't avoid the fact you ignore the scripture again.
You are dodging the valid point he made.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 16

Then an idiot like yourself removed first 3 wo ...[text shortened]... iot trying to pretend that you have understanding and can preach to others but you are mistaken.
I did not change the wording of the Bible I quoted it and inside the quotes I put on both
ends of the quote (...) which shows there is more to the quote I was not using the whole
sentence. You have seen the whole verse and ignored its meaning.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Oct 16

Learn to read.
Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

You respond with this:
"Is that the best you have? Pitiful nonsense doctrine you believe in.

Nothing there about eternal torment, plus it refers to a specific group of people."

You question the eternal torment even though it says it is going to go on for
ever and ever, on top of they will have no rest day or night so they will experience it.

Revelation 20:
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

You responded with this:

"This one is clearly stated that only 3 beings will be tormented for day and night for ever and ever . the beast, the false prophet and the devil.

Nobody else."

So now you change your reading of the meaning (for ever and ever) by admitting the
the beast, the false prophet, and the devil will be tormented for ever and ever. The
same words used to describe what is going to happen to people in verse 14 which
you rejected. You change meanings to scripture very easy even the same words
talking about the same thing cannot mean the same thing to you if they do not line
up to your personal doctrine.

F

Moves
18 Oct 16

I did not change the wording of the Bible I quoted it and inside the quotes I put on both
ends of the quote (...) which shows there is more to the quote I was not using the whole
sentence.
Was it important to you and your personal doctrine that you carefully and deliberately not quote the whole sentence?

F

Moves
18 Oct 16

Originally quoted by KellyJay
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Who do you reckon - here at RHP - worships "the beast and his image"?

F

Moves
18 Oct 16

Originally quoted by KellyJay
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
For you, does "the beast and the false prophet", as it is used in your Bible, refer to everyone who is a non-believer, an adherent of a religion in competition with yours, or who is not the kind of Christian you approve of?

F

Moves
18 Oct 16

I respect your right to believe what you want and support your right to worship whoever or whatever and to cite ancient scriptures and mythology as you please, but if you were a university student working on an assignment and citing texts and offering arguments, you'd be reprimanded for your intellectual dishonesty, for sure. I support your right to (nevertheless) think of yourself as being honest and also your freedom of speech to claim that you are being honest.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
18 Oct 16

Am I to believe you will not address scripture once again because it doesn't fit your point
of view on what is valid or not? What is your reasoning this time?
Do you believe that everything in the bible is literal?