pritybetta says

pritybetta says "catholics are not christians...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by black beetle
Catholics are Christians allright, along with Simonians of Acts 8, Cerintheians, Judaizers, Circumcisers of Acts 15:1, Nicolaitans of Rev.2:6, The “Synagogue of Satan” of Rev.2:9, The “Throne of Satan” of Rev. 2:13, The “doctrine of Balaam” of Rev.2:14, Nazareans or “Jewish-Christians”, Docetism, Gnosticism, Neo-Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Marcionites, Ebi ...[text shortened]... s WACO …and the beat goes on;
Religion, the greatest invention after the invention of "God"!
If Jesus really was the truth and the way and he had a scheming adversary (the devil) who was intent on messing stuff up and confusing people then this is exactly the sort of thing we would expect to see.

One could use the confusion around religion and christianity as evidence that it was true. If you look at jesus's teachings you will find lots of references to the scheming, lying nature of the devil and expectations of false prophets as well. David Koresh and his ilke were predicted by jesus.

s

England

Moves
15 Jul 08

the term catholic means universal, but roman catholic refers to the faith headed by the pope who is the church from st. peter. other catholics are universal tho not with the same following in terms of numbers.
so catholics are not christians this is faulse everyone who does the work of the father/jesus is a christian even if they do not proclaim his name.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Jul 08

edit: edit: it is an endless enumeration of religions you think are false. i just had to read the first two, some in the middle and the last sentence to understand what you mean. perhaps for you examples are only meaningful if they come in herds of 100.

You definately don't understand what I mean. I don't evaluate these branches as "false" or "right" because I 'm not a Christian and I am unable to speak on behalf of the "true Christianism" and as a "good Christian".
I think that all these different heresies proove that people can twist everything in order to gain some power over other people using a means known as "religion", and that the priests will try whatever they think it will help their strategy.

Z

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Because they think they are nearer to god...?

I've heard catholics use this argument, it could work for protestants and jehovas witnesses and everyone...
oh yeah, the force is stronger in protestants.

yes, i heard it too. the force was strong in paul who even though didn't travel with jesus, only saw him perhaps a couple of times, is supposed to be fit enough to add more teachings to the christian faith than jesus himself. why? because he is a jedi.

so as long as you believe you have enough force in you (the christians call it the holy spirit) you can make any claims.

Z

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by black beetle
edit: edit: it is an endless enumeration of religions you think are false. i just had to read the first two, some in the middle and the last sentence to understand what you mean. perhaps for you examples are only meaningful if they come in herds of 100.

You definately don't understand what I mean. I don't evaluate these branches as "false" or "right" ...[text shortened]... on", and that the priests will try whatever they think it will help their strategy.
yes, and it would have sufficed to enumerate 4-5 of them. did you expect to make an impact by showing us how many religions twist everything in order to gain power over people? if so there are probably a hundred more religions you didn't mention.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Jul 08

These are not religions but heresies; in our case the religion, one amongst many, is Christianism.
Anyway I said whatever I wanted to say, you are free to make your own assumptions. Have a good time and best regards.-

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
i bet you 2:1 she will find verses in the bible that are obviously interpreted wrong by catholics and correct by protestants.
I thought protestantism was an evil Northern Irish movement which only served to kill innocent people in name of the British empire.

Go figure...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
15 Jul 08

i don't agree
she must now bring arguments to support her claim. this should be fun
leave her alone, we can't do anything to her that her upringing hasn't already. I feel sad for her, and include her in my prayers; it is unchristian to taunt her. Better to just ignore her.

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
It won't be. It will be very predictable. It will go something like this. They pervert the Word. They are not a true church. End of story.
You forgot to quote lines from Pauline letters. 😉

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by duecer
leave her alone, we can't do anything to her that her upringing hasn't already. I feel sad for her, and include her in my prayers; it is unchristian to taunt her. Better to just ignore her.
That may be the most Christian thing I've heard today. Agreed and I will do likewise.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Jul 08

i don't agree
she must now bring arguments to support her claim. this should be fun
It's usually a variant of the No True Scotsman logical fallacy. "TRUE Christians believe XXX, therefore Catholics aren't TRUE Christians".

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
15 Jul 08

Where's PrinceofOrange these days anyway?

Illinois

Moves
16 Jul 08

Why doesn't someone ask the question whether Catholic beliefs and practices are biblical or not.

The usual stuff: Does the Bible teach believers to pray to saints? Is there a distinction between the clergy and laypeople taught in the Bible? Biblically, is Mary a perpetual virgin and a mediator between God and man? Does the Bible teach the baptismal regeneration of infants? Are the Sacraments necessary for salvation? Is Peter the Rock on which the church is built? Etc., etc....

Let the Good Book decide: are these beliefs and practices biblical or not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Why doesn't someone ask the question whether Catholic beliefs and practices are biblical or not.

The usual stuff: Does the Bible teach believers to pray to saints? Is there a distinction between the clergy and laypeople taught in the Bible? Biblically, is Mary a perpetual virgin and a mediator between God and man? Does the Bible teach the ba ...[text shortened]... t? Etc., etc....

Some time ago Muslims on this site claimed that Muslim terrorists were not true muslims because their terrorists activities were not supported by the Koran.

That makes no more sense than what you appear to be saying.

A Muslim or a Christian is defined by his core beliefs. Variations in those beliefs from on group to another does not void his status.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by epiphinehas

The usual stuff: Does the Bible teach believers to pray to saints? Is there a distinction between the clergy and laypeople taught in the Bible? Biblically, is Mary a perpetual virgin and a mediator between God and man? Does the Bible teach the ba ...[text shortened]... t? Etc., etc....

These questions would only lead to an answer about whetherCatholics are sola scriptura Christians.