1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:302 edits
    What other way besides those overcoming characteristics of the manchild would be better ways to Prepare for Rapture ?

Once again:

" ... her child was caught up to God and to His throne" (v.5)
    . . .
    " ... and they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (v.11b)

What alternative way does anyone propose for Christians to prepare to overcome Satan and be raptured to God and to His throne in heaven?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:363 edits
    @FMF

You are adding words to the Bible. Does your group urge you to do it in order to "teach" their ideology?

Why are you unhappy? Your group proposes asking questions to flesh out weaknesses in logic.

My group, the Christian church, sometimes helps people understand the Bible by supplying helpful inserted words into the translation of the text.

However, and this is a big however, if you prefer to see before your eyes only the Greek to English translation from a reputable translator I have no problem accommodating you.

Its a double win for my group [the Christian church] just that you READ the Bible. Praise God.

Only this: I recommend you read it with a prayerful spirit and an open heart willing for the Holy Spirit to come into you heart more.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:43
    The Subject is Preparing for Rapture.

If you believe there is no such event to prepare for, say so.

If you believe I have failed to help those who would like to prepare to prepare, say so.

If the latter is the case, please specify how you would advise Christians to go on in these difficult times.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:04
    @sonship said
    The Subject is Preparing for Rapture.

If you believe there is no such event to prepare for, say so.

If you believe I have failed to help those who would like to prepare to prepare, say so.

If the latter is the case, please specify how you would advise Christians to go on in these difficult times.
    There is no such event to prepare for.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:07
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

How do you know there is no such rapture?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:16
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

How do you know there is no such rapture?
    Because the Bible was written by men and God does not exist.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:21
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    How do you know that the Bible was only written by men and how do you know that God does not exist?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 14:411 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    How do you know that the Bible was only written by men and how do you know that God does not exist?
    Reason and empirical evidence.

For belief in the rapture, you must abandon both.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 15:261 edit
    @sonship said
    What other way besides those overcoming characteristics of the manchild would be better ways to Prepare for Rapture ?

Once again:

" ... her child was caught up to God and to His throne" (v.5)
    . . .
    " ... and they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (v.11b)

...[text shortened]... pose for Christians to prepare to overcome Satan and be raptured to God and to His throne in heaven?
    The wise man prepares for the return of Christ by keeping the commandments, The fool [like you, and those who follow you], insist on doing everything but the keeping of the commandments. The wise man who kept the commandments will be taken up with Christ and given eternal life in the Kingdom of God. The fool will be cast out.

These are the teachings of Jesus Christ.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 16:113 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

If I believe your assertions (for that is all they are at this point) do you think for me to live as though Christ is Lord and will suddenly come at some unknown moment, is a good way to live?

How is living as if Christ is not Lord and will never come is a better way for me to live, like you?

I live as Christ is a perfect person - merciful yet righteous, patient yet exacting, forgiving yet just, and He will have the final word concerning life. How will I be much better off believing instead that this fellow Ghost of a Duke will have the final word about my life?

That is assuming that your unbelieving assertions are truth.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 16:243 edits
    At this time it is good to explain why Jesus acted as He did after His resurrection - manifesting His visible presence and concealing it alternately. After His resurrection the New Testament says Christ alternately appeared and disappeared to His disciples over a period of 40 days. At one moment they SAW Him present and at the next they did not SEE it.

One reason why they became so very bold was that Jesus trained them that though they could not see Him He was still present with them. He trained them for some 40 days before His public ascension to know that He was fully with them even though He was not physically seen.

It says that for this period of appearing and hiding from their sight He taught them further about the kingdom of God.

" . . . He presented Himself alive after His suffering by many irrefutable proofs, appearing to them through a period of forty days and speaking the things concerning the kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3)
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 17:42
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

If I believe your assertions (for that is all they are at this point) do you think for me to live as though Christ is Lord and will suddenly come at some unknown moment, is a good way to live?

How is living as if Christ is not Lord a ...[text shortened]... ave the final word about my life?

That is assuming that your unbelieving assertions are truth.
    Assuming my unbelieving assertions are indeed true, and God does not exist, what possible benefit would there be in you living your life in expectation of deliverance?

Far better to devote your life to humanitarian endeavours.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Assuming my unbelieving assertions are indeed true, and God does not exist, what possible benefit would there be in you living your life in expectation of deliverance?

Jesus referred to those who devoted their life to humanitarian efforts as the righteous. Those who only practice mouth worship and calling Him 'Lord Lord', or who constantly prattled about 'loving Christ' or saying 'I love Jesus', Jesus said that he will say to them 'I never knew you'.

The righteous will meet the Lord in the air when he returns, talkers will be left behind.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:50
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus referred to those who devoted their life to humanitarian efforts as the righteous. Those who only practice mouth worship and calling Him 'Lord Lord', or who constantly prattled about 'loving Christ' or saying 'I love Jesus', Jesus said that he will say to them 'I never knew you'.

The righteous will meet the Lord in the air when he returns, talkers will be left behind.
    A God worth His salt would indeed have time for the kind-hearted.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 19:40
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Who said I expect deliverance without humanitarian endeavors?

Why must there be a dichotomy "Expecting Deliverance Verses Humanitarian Endaavors" ?

Quite a few humanitarian endeavors have been started by believers in the Second Coming of Christ.

False dichotomy for feel-good effects?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree