Premise: Objective morals do exist

Premise: Objective morals do exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 17

If objective morals do exist - two questions immediately
spring to mind.

1. What are they?
2. Where did they come from?

The shout goes up "God" but that begs the question where did he get them from? It is just passing the buck.

F

Moves
18 Oct 17
2 edits

Apparently, god could torture babies for fun if he chose to, without it being immoral, because he is the creator of both fun and of babies ~ he can do what he wants to the things he has created ~ and if he chooses to torture those babies for fun, it is by definition good, because everything he does is good, and even if that seems like circular logic, it is good - by definition - because he created circular logic, so circular logic is good. As long as such logic is being applied to explaining things related to god. This "non-subjective truth" is what "objective morals" are based on. Apparently. I think I've got it right. dj2becker will perhaps be along to explain it better. 😉

E

Moves
19 Oct 17

If morals do exist, would everyone be required to agree?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
If morals do exist, would everyone be required to agree?
No. Just work out your own ...

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Oct 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
If objective morals do exist - two questions immediately
spring to mind.

1. What are they?
2. Where did they come from?

The shout goes up "God" but that begs the question where did he get them from? It is just passing the buck.
Objective morals are non-existent😵