1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 19:43
    @kellyjay said
    After I watched it at the movies, that night I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night, my room was pitch black. I kept seeing her face as I made my way to my bedroom door and as I opened it, my step-sister was in the hallway also on the way to the bathroom, she was the same height as the character, I about died on the spot. 🙂
    😲 Not sure I would have ever recovered.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 19:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Tell that to Linda Blair.
    Put her in touch with @PettyTalk
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:00
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I still can't watch it. 🙂
    I was in the Army and stationed in Italy when I saw the movie at the base theater in 1974. After the movie, they had a guest from Rome, a Monsignor who was officially noted for performing actual exorcisms. The Monsignor gave a speech on how actual exorcisms are performed, and some of the details on what is said and done by the victims of the possessions. He explained that in the pertinent movie scenes, much was overly dramatized, and many things shown do not actually occur at all.

But I don't believe you on not being able to watch it still, as you are too rational to not be able to discern the typical Hollywood exaggerations and completely fantasized storytelling. But someone as gullible as my stalker would likely do both number one and number two on himself if he were to watch the movie all by himself, as he claims to be a believing Christian. And all Christians believe in the devil and demons who take possession of people.

But as far as real, or what seems to be real, possessions are concerned, one has to personally experience them to open up our minds to the real possibility of the supernatural. I can honestly tell you that my own two personal experiences took the small portion of atheism out of me, and made me a partial agnostic leaning towards being a fully convinced deist.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:15
    @kellyjay said
    After I watched it at the movies, that night I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night, my room was pitch black. I kept seeing her face as I made my way to my bedroom door and as I opened it, my step-sister was in the hallway also on the way to the bathroom, she was the same height as the character, I about died on the spot. 🙂
    In a way it's a shame, because if you would died then, you would not be here now, trying to make others believe in God. God would have sent you right back down here, to haunt the non-believers and the evolution fanatics.

I'm just joking with you, in case a couple of idiots take me seriously about death and dying.

The way things stand, as far as the supernatural, some people need to see it, hear it, smell it, touch it, and taste it, otherwise it's not real. That's the way it's been forever, because that's entertainment for our souls. That's how we entertain ourselves, in eternity.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:151 edit
    @pettytalk said

But I don't believe you on not being able to watch it still
    Good spot.

In time here, you may come to see that Ghost of a Duke likes to present a version of himself which is easily seen through.

Edit; a bit like a ghost actually!
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:16
    @pettytalk said
    I was in the Army and stationed in Italy when I saw the movie at the base theater in 1974. After the movie, they had a guest from Rome, a Monsignor who was officially noted for performing actual exorcisms. The Monsignor gave a speech on how actual exorcisms are performed, and some of the details on what is said and done by the victims of the possessions. He explained that i ...[text shortened]... of atheism out of me, and made me a partial agnostic leaning towards being a fully convinced deist.
    I have experienced something akin to possession, but in a strictly non religious/devil kind of a way. - Mental health was the only player at work, but it did change a gentle and extremely kind man into something dark and scary.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:18
    Oh dear 😅
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:20
    @divegeester said
    Oh dear 😅
    He had a very sad end to his life, but I'm glad you find some amusement in it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He had a very sad end to his life, but I'm glad you find some amusement in it.
    Who?
    I thought you meant yourself. Not joking!
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:27
    @divegeester said
    Who?
    I thought you meant yourself. Not joking!
    I was sharing a true experience, and the parallel between 'possession' and mental health psychosis, where a person experiencing an episode could appear (for all intents and purposes) to be 'taken over' by something.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:32
    @divegeester said
    Good spot.

In time here, you may come to see that Ghost of a Duke likes to present a version of himself which is easily seen through.

Edit; a bit like a ghost actually!
    He's a great actor and can present many characters through his skills.

But not you; you can only play the part of the fool. And you play the part well because you are not acting.

This is all the attention you get for today, as I don't want you to overdose on it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 20:52
    @pettytalk said
    He's a great actor and can present many characters through his skills.

But not you; you can only play the part of the fool. And you play the part well because you are not acting.
    Ghost of a Duke is indeed an actor here at RHP, and indeed I am not. Neither of us are fools, but who is the most principled and honest is a matter for the individual reader.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 16:10
    @divegeester said
    Ghost of a Duke is indeed an actor here at RHP, and indeed I am not. Neither of us are fools, but who is the most principled and honest is a matter for the individual reader.
    If we were to go head to head on principles and honesty sir I fear you would not fare well. Perhaps you should have chosen tedium or belligerence.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 07:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If we were to go head to head on principles and honesty sir I fear you would not fare well. Perhaps you should have chosen tedium or belligerence.
    It is yet another case that if something is said over and over enough times, then some weak minds start to believe it. A few predator minds prey on these. "Principles" never seem to enter into it.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 08:31
    @suzianne said
    It is yet another case that if something is said over and over enough times, then some weak minds start to believe it. A few predator minds prey on these. "Principles" never seem to enter into it.
    Like repeatedly accusing someone of having NPD for example?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree