Pope is coming to Glasgow

Pope is coming to Glasgow

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you can state where the watchtower has claimed to be inspired of God, or like your compatriot Raj suffer the indignation of having to eat his own words. Perhaps is just another unsubstantiated and unproven lie, like 'the leaders of the watchtower society are greedy and corrupt', with not one shred of evidence to back up your claim. who can tell?
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/directed-by-holy-spirit.php

Just one of many links and yes it's quoted from the Watchtower. Yes you can just dig the crap up on the internet. This fact however does not change the validity of the argument. The claim by the Watchtower is so prevalent that it is easy to find.

Our we to believe that the Watchtower has the very opinion's of God?
Even when it is fraught with false prophecy?
Batting 100% false. Your God is a liar!! There is a God that is not however.

Manny

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by menace71
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/directed-by-holy-spirit.php

Just one of many links and yes it's quoted from the Watchtower. Yes you can just dig the crap up on the internet. This fact however does not change the validity of the argument. The claim by the Watchtower is so prevalent that it is easy to find.

Our we to believe that the Watchtower has t ...[text shortened]... phecy?
Batting 100% false. Your God is a liar!! There is a God that is not however.

Manny
Strong words Manny. Dont let these JW jokers get to you ...🙂

Cape Town

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
RC said he was going to preach to/teach the Pope the truth. My response was to tell him that the JW doctrine and track record and is not exactly flawless.

Thats the purpose.
Well quoting a verse you admit you don't understand seems a decidedly odd way of achieving that goal. You are telling them their doctrine is flawed, but instead of pointing out those flaws, you highlight your own inability to understand the Bible. Really really odd.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well quoting a verse you admit you don't understand seems a decidedly odd way of achieving that goal. You are telling them their doctrine is flawed, but instead of pointing out those flaws, you highlight your own inability to understand the Bible. Really really odd.
What is really really really really odd is that you dont realise that along with myself, Divegeester, Manny, Jaywill, Duecer and many many many others in several dozen threads in the last two years have been pointing out their false doctrines and their false teachings.

I dont need to do it for you simply becuase you have been alseep in the forums.

rc

Moves
13 Sep 10

What is really really really really odd is that you dont realise that along with myself, Divegeester, Manny, Jaywill, Duecer and many many many others in several dozen threads in the last two years have been pointing out their false doctrines and their false teachings.

I dont need to do it for you simply becuase you have been alseep in forums.
haha, the only false thing in these forums is your accusations, i cannot think of even one, that had any substance. I thought a Christian was supposed to preach about the kingdom of God, i cannot think of one of your posts that even mentions it.

rc

Moves
13 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
yes he does, because it is a position based not on reason, but pure emotion, and a negative one at that! But please don't be baffled by it, one needs Gods spirit to understand scripture, and for that, one needs humility and a reasoning mind.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Sep 10

haha, the only false thing in these forums is your accusations, i cannot think of even one, that had any substance. I thought a Christian was supposed to preach about the kingdom of God, i cannot think of one of your posts that even mentions it.
Gosh, I hope not every christian starts preaching about the kingdom of god.
1 out of 100, or maybe 1000 is enough, I think.
Besides , only some are cut out for public speaking/preaching.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
14 Sep 10
1 edit

Strong words Manny. Dont let these JW jokers get to you ...🙂
I just like how they ignore or excuse their organization's past. The irony is their whole past is a written document to the falsehood and lies. In a court case it would be proven 100% that their documents have made statements that were then proven false. G-75's argument is the brothers of the past did not have enough light but as time went on they had more light. The problem with this is even into the 90's they made false prophecy's.

Manny

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
I just like how they ignore or excuse their organization's past. The irony is their whole past is a written document to the falsehood and lies. In a court case it would be proven 100% that their documents have made statements that were then proven false. G-75's argument is the brothers of the past did not have enough light but as time went on they had more light. The problem with this is even into the 90's they made false prophecy's.

Manny
we are not inspired prophets, we have never claimed to be inspired prophets, we have merely sought to understand prophecies ALREADY WRITTEN, what is more where is your reference that the watchtower claimed to be inspired of God, just another big fat falsehood that you people like to promulgate, like 'the leaders of jehovahs witnesses are greedy and corrupt', get over yourselves. All you have is empty assertions fuelled by your prejudices, well good luck with that, as for us , we got better things to do like trying to help honest hearted persons understand Gods word, for if they had to wait on the ministers of Christendom, they would die in their ignorance. Yes truly by their works, you will recognise those men.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Sep 10
1 edit

From the Reasoning Book Page 138:

Have not Jehovah’s Witnesses made errors in their teachings?
Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.—Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6.
The Scriptures provide time elements related to Christ’s presence, and Jehovah’s Witnesses have studied these with keen interest. (Luke 21:24; Dan. 4:10-17) Jesus also described a many-featured sign that would tie in with the fulfillment of time prophecies to identify the generation that would live to see the end of Satan’s wicked system of things. (Luke 21:7-36) Jehovah’s Witnesses have pointed to evidence in fulfillment of this sign. It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in their understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods, but they have not made the mistake of losing faith or ceasing to be watchful as to fulfillment of Jehovah’s purposes. They have continued to keep to the fore in their thinking the counsel given by Jesus: “Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.”—Matt. 24:42.
Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized. Among these are the following: Jehovah is the only true God. Jesus Christ is not part of a Trinitarian godhead but is the only-begotten Son of God. Redemption from sin is possible only through faith in Christ’s ransom sacrifice. The holy spirit is not a person but is Jehovah’s active force, and its fruitage must be evident in the lives of true worshipers. The human soul is not immortal, as the ancient pagans claimed; it dies, and the hope for future life is in the resurrection. God’s permission of wickedness has been because of the issue of universal sovereignty. God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Since 1914 we have been living in the last days of the global wicked system of things. Only 144,000 faithful Christians will be kings and priests with Christ in heaven, whereas the rest of obedient mankind will receive eternal life on a paradise earth.
Another factor to consider regarding the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses is this: Have these truly uplifted people morally? Are those who adhere to these teachings outstanding in their communities because of their honesty? Is their family life beneficially influenced by applying these teachings? Jesus said that his disciples would be readily identified because of having love among themselves. (John 13:35) Is this quality outstanding among Jehovah’s Witnesses? We let the facts speak for themselves.

The Watchtower Society has admitted mistakes were made in the past. It takes a lot of courage to admit that but we are not perfect just as the Apostles were not perfect and they made mistakes. If one is looking for perfection then one will be looking for a very long time.
Again Jesus said you would know his followers by their actions, the preaching work and the fruits of that work.
The average amount of new congregations is 32 or more a week. This is worldwide. I'd say the fruit is doing fine.

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
From the Reasoning Book Page 138:

Have not Jehovah’s Witnesses made errors in their teachings?
Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.—Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6.
The Scriptures provide time elements related to Christ’s p ...[text shortened]... of new congregations is 32 or more a week. This is worldwide. I'd say the fruit is doing fine.
32 new congregations per week? its beautiful. I read somewhere that an average of 5,000 persons make a dedication of baptism per week worldwide, some 250,000 per annum, despite the persecution, the lies, the violence and ostracism.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Sep 10

32 new congregations per week? its beautiful. I read somewhere that an average of 5,000 persons make a dedication of baptism per week worldwide, some 250,000 per annum, despite the persecution, the lies, the violence and ostracism.
We're doomed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Sep 10

Only 5,000 per week ??!! Thank God for that.

The world population grows by over 400,000 every week. That means you are only able to fool a little over 1% of the net change in pop per week with your false doctrines. If over 98% of the people continue to ignore you then the JWs will disappear into nothingness in about 100 years.

As for your worldwide influence .. you dont want to know how insignigicant the JWs are .. they represent less that 0.103% of the world population.

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10

Only 5,000 per week ??!! Thank God for that.

The world population grows by over 400,000 every week. That means you are only able to fool a little over 1% of the net change in pop per week with your false doctrines. If over 98% of the people continue to ignore you then the JWs will disappear into nothingness in about 100 years.

As for your worldwide i ...[text shortened]... o know how insignigicant the JWs are .. they represent less that 0.103% of the world population.
our kingdom is no part of this world, didn't you know that? i seem to remember some noteworthy personage utter the very same thing, it was er.....umm, of yes, Jesus. Love yah Raji Paji pudding and pie, we are beautiful!

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
We're doomed.
your not doomed dear Noobster, all you need to say when we call at your home is, i have a friend who is a Jehovahs witnesses, hes teaching me everything 🙂