Pledge of Allegiance

Pledge of Allegiance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Sep 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
So if the Americans would change the Pledge of Allegiance back to the original version, God would punish them by giving them fewer breast implants. Did I get this right? It makes sense, because before the words "under God" were added, breast implants were not available.
When I posted what I did about breast implants and it bearing some significance to God's favor I did not know how prophetic I was until I realized that there are theologians and writers out there who have drawn parallels between the "golden calf" and the culture of breast implants. I have even found a play that makes this modern connection with the idolatry of the Israelites.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Sep 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
What a load of crap. Many Muslim countries have lasted many many times longer than the US has existed. Does that mean that Allah is more true than the Christian God? By your logic it sure does.
Not to blow their horn, but I thought the RCC had the longest standing government. Just a thought.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
18 Sep 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Not to blow their horn, but I thought the RCC had the longest standing government. Just a thought.
What self respecting governement would have its soldiers wear uniforms like those of the Vatican security?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
What self respecting governement would have its soldiers wear uniforms like those of the Vatican security?
I'd always wondered from whence came the white smoke, as well.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
The medieval Swiss government.

l

London

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by vistesd
Can you say “church-state separation”? 🙂
For the moment. Which is why I said "some day".

Under what circumstances, if any, would you support the state telling clergy of any religion who they may/may not marry?

Polygamy and consanguinity, perhaps.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer

[b]Under what circumstances, if any, would you support the state telling clergy of any religion who they may/may not marry?

Polygamy and consanguinity, perhaps.[/b]
So if the State said that clergy could only perform polygamous marriages, you'd be OK with that?

l

London

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
So if the State said that clergy could only perform polygamous marriages, you'd be OK with that?
I was obviously referring to the "may not" bit, genius.

In any case, I said "perhaps" because I am not sure the State should intervene even in those cases.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
19 Sep 06

🙂