Peace and harmony amongst all of mankind

Peace and harmony amongst all of mankind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

What are willing to do to achieve this?

Is there anything you wouldn't do?

EDIT:
Perhaps I need to be more specific.

Would you be willing to give up your "self" to achieve this? Or to put it another way, would you be willing to give up your ego, greed, seeking sensory experiences, etc. and live a life based on truth, love, justice, etc. ? If not, why not?

S

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

I personally think this is a pointless venture, so there's a great deal I would not do.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

I won't concede to anyone who is wrong or any philosophy, religion, or system of government/society which I do not believe is correct, I will not change my opinions merely for the sake of "harmony" (for logic I would though).

T

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
I personally think this is a pointless venture, so there's a great deal I would not do.
You see having peace and harmony amongst all men as "pointless"?

Dare I ask what you see as the point?

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07

The point of what? Life?

I'd say the point of life is what you want the point of your life to be. Everyone should not have some uniform goal, or even neccesarily have a goal, it is between them and themselves.

T

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
The point of what? Life?

I'd say the point of life is what you want the point of your life to be. Everyone should not have some uniform goal, or even neccesarily have a goal, it is between them and themselves.
Yes, life.

So basically you're saying you'd be willing to change nothing about yourself to make this come about. Is this correct?

T

Moves
29 Mar 07

I can see where this is going.

Would you be willing to give up your "self" to achieve this? Or to put it another way, would you be willing to give up your ego, greed, seeking sensory experiences, etc. and live a life based on truth, love, justice, etc. ? If not, why not?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

If you want to achieve this, probably you won't have very many humans on the planet - so genocide would probably be a good start.

T

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
If you want to achieve this, probably you won't have very many humans on the planet - so genocide would probably be a good start.
What do you see as the sticking point?

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07

I can see where this is going.

You're imposing your own philosophy on the rest of us.

I think I do live a life based on truth (and seeking truth), love, and justice. I think I can persue these goals within myself and the world while still having a substancial ego, enjoying life and sensory experiences, and making some money and material possesions on the side.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Mar 07

I think I do live a life based on truth (and seeking truth), love, and justice.
Wonderful. I've been hoping that somebody could explain to me what truth, love and justice are.

S

Moves
29 Mar 07

It's an essential part of humanity that we have conflict, it brings out the best in us: the most amazing works of art, literature, music: the greatest moments of honour and selflessness: the perseverance for what is right; all these things come out of the harshest times. I'd hate to see a world in which there were no conflict. Whilst I have no wish to see people harmed or suffer, I likewise have no desire to see a world where there was no moments of real greatness. That world would be fundamentally boring and utterly inhuman.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
That world would be fundamentally boring and utterly inhuman.
Harmony as a well-run shopping mall.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

What do you see as the sticking point?
Whenever people interact over a finite resource, there will be conflict. The only way to avoid that is by reducing human density, since resources will never be infinite.

T

Moves
29 Mar 07

You're imposing your own philosophy on the rest of us.

I think I do live a life based on truth (and seeking truth), love, and justice. I think I can persue these goals within myself and the world while still having a substancial ego, enjoying life and sensory experiences, and making some money and material possesions on the side.
The next time you witness a transgression (no matter how egregious), perhaps you'll find comfort in knowing that the perpetrator likely thinks he lives "a life based on truth (and seeking truth), love, and justice...while still having a substancial ego, enjoying life and sensory experiences, and making some money and material possesions on the side."