Paradise?

Paradise?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by duecer
2 Corinthians 5
New Bodies
1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will ...[text shortened]... hrough me.

when we die we go to be with Christ in heaven. Paradise is a synonym for heaven.
This is refering to the 144,000. It says nothing about the paradise being there..

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
This is refering to the 144,000. It says nothing about the paradise being there..
where does it say 144,000? funny, none of my versions of the bible give any limit to how many people go to heaven

edit: paradise is synonym for heaven....in case you didn't bother to read my whole post

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

where does it say 144,000? funny, none of my versions of the bible give any limit to how many people go to heaven

edit: paradise is synonym for heaven....in case you didn't bother to read my whole post
I'm tired of going in circles with you..Your just arguing.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

I'm tired of going in circles with you..Your just arguing.
quite effectively I might add. you have yet to refute a single post

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

quite effectively I might add. you have yet to refute a single post
Only because you do not understand the simple things in the bible much less the deeper ones.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

Only because you do not understand the simple things in the bible much less the deeper ones.
hmmmm. let's see...I've qouted bible references appropriately, you've made ad hominem attacks. yeah I guess yer right, I don't understand😉

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

a question for my JW friends, does your denomination have a school of theology or a seminary of any kind?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.

nowhere, I repeat nowhere in this passage does it say that only 144,000 will go to heaven, and any interpretation from revelations that gets twisted out of context is mularkey. That entire book is not to be taken literally, but in light of the context and time in which it was written, under persecution and in secret.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.

nowhere, I repeat nowhere in this passage does it say that only 144,000 will go to heaven, and any interpretation from revelations that get ...[text shortened]... , but in light of the context and time in which it was written, under persecution and in secret.
No where does it ever say that all of mankind in general will go to heaven. Until that is understood you'll be stuck in your understanding of what Jesus was saying to the apostles.

j

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

No where does it ever say that all of mankind in general will go to heaven. Until that is understood you'll be stuck in your understanding of what Jesus was saying to the apostles.
I agree on this point. The saved's destiny is not spoken of as going to heaven forever.

By the way, when you said "You win" on the Burn Baby Burn thread, did you mean that you would not continue to teach people those errors ?

Did the truth win ? Forget about me.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

a question for my JW friends, does your denomination have a school of theology or a seminary of any kind?
We have weekly schools for all the Witnesses to partake of. I tis extremely efficent and teaches all the truth of the Bible.
But I know how you'll answer that so I'll answer it for you. Jehovah sees that this is what we need as an organization. We do not have to attend these higher schols of learning because of the pagan teachings that are taught there. The wisdom that they think that have is very weak compared to Jehovah's wisdom and that's where we get our direction from. Jer 10:23, Col 2:8, 1Cor 1:19-15

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

We have weekly schools for all the Witnesses to partake of. I tis extremely efficent and teaches all the truth of the Bible.
But I know how you'll answer that so I'll answer it for you. Jehovah sees that this is what we need as an organization. We do not have to attend these higher schols of learning because of the pagan teachings that are taught there ...[text shortened]... vah's wisdom and that's where we get our direction from. Jer 10:23, Col 2:8, 1Cor 1:19-15
so who taught the people teaching the classes? and so on and so on....

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by jaywill
I agree on this point. The saved's destiny is not spoken of as going to heaven forever.

By the way, when you said "You win" on the Burn Baby Burn thread, did you mean that you would not continue to teach people those errors ?

Did the truth win ? Forget about me.
to whom then was paul speaking when he said we will have a home in heaven?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

to whom then was paul speaking when he said we will have a home in heaven?
Paul is no doubt in heaven as he would have been included in the 144,000. That number is there for a reason and Jesus spoke of a little flock that would rule with him during the thousand year period. 1 + 1 = 2. Put the scriptures together and figure it out.
He also spoke of a great crowd that no one was able to number. So again the 144,00, as complicated as it seems to some... really, really, really means something. If you can disprove that it's not, I'm listening.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

so who taught the people teaching the classes? and so on and so on....
Jehovah...