Palin, Southern Baptist and hypocrisy

Palin, Southern Baptist and hypocrisy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by josephw
Do you really expect me to answer that?

There's a time to be funny, and there's a time for serious debate. It's been about two years of this pointless back and forth garbage.

Quit sluffing me off! Or are you afraid of the truth?
Next time dont make ridiculous claims.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
So the following still stands:
I thought you posted Matthew 5:16-18 as a counter to my statement:
"So far as I know, Jeus does not state that the love of God and love of neighbor is fulfillment of levitical law."
This makes little sense in light of the rest of Matthew 5. It becomes clear that when Jesus is speaking of "the Law" He is not speaking of ...[text shortened]... Paul a prophet, then what I posted about how Jesus defined false prophets still stands.
do you know the difference between an apostle and a prophet, btw by your standards there has never,,,never...ever been a true prophet, so my arguments still stand

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Next time dont make ridiculous claims.
It is you that makes ridiculous claims.

Why don't you name one, if you can?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Sep 08

It is you that makes ridiculous claims.

Why don't you name one, if you can?
Here is one:

You claimed : " I subscribe to all Biblical teachings about women! ...."

Then I said :
Wow ...youre better than Jesus Christ himself.
He clearly did not suscribe to the stoning of adulterous women as prescribed by the law of Moses. "

So your claim that you suscribe to all Biblical teachings about women is ridiculous. Or do you really think that adulterous women should be stoned ?

T

Moves
17 Sep 08
5 edits

Originally posted by duecer
do you know the difference between an apostle and a prophet, btw by your standards there has never,,,never...ever been a true prophet, so my arguments still stand
"by your standards there has never,,,never...ever been a true prophet, so my arguments still stand"

Are you referring back to the following?
"there are none that are righteous no not one"

Doesn't this point to the Old Testament and Paul?

Look to Jesus:
John 8:32-34
"...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free...Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."

Those who follow the word of Jesus will know the truth and be made free from the slavery of committing sin.

Jesus chose, named, and trained 12 disciples as Apostles to spread His teachings.

Paul and followers of Paul named Paul an Apostle.

Prophet: someone who speaks by divine inspiration; someone who is an interpreter of the will of God.

From what I can tell, Paul claimed to speak by divine inspiration.

However Jesus warns against such an individual who is not righteous as I showed earlier. Jesus also gives additional warnings.

Matthew 24:24-26
"Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him. 24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.

1 Corinthians 9:1
Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?

2 Corinthians 12:12
Actually I should have been commended by you, for in no respect was I inferior to the most eminent apostles, even though I am a nobody. 12 The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]"by your standards there has never,,,never...ever been a true prophet, so my arguments still stand"

Are you referring back to the following?
"there are none that are righteous no not one"

Doesn't this point to the Old Testament and Paul?

Look to Jesus:
John 8:32-34
"...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; a ...[text shortened]... rmed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.[/b]
The problem is that you don't seem to believe in the active Father God that Jesus preached of.

Following the will of his Father and "loving the Lord your God with all your mind and soul" is the core of his commandments and yet here you are preaching Jesus.

I suggest that before you start on another bout of preaching Jesus's commandments that you check out his greatest commandment "love the Lord your God...etc"

How are you able to follow this commandment yourself if you do not even believe the "Lord your God" even exists???? You cannot love somebody you don't believe exists.

So until you clarify this yourself I suggest you stop your "look to Jesus" hypocrisy and ask yourself some serious questions first.

I find it incredible that someone who won't put themselves on record as believing in Jesus's Father still sees fit to wax lyrical on "following Jesus". Jesus never pointed to himself , but always pointed to his Father. He always wanted to glorify his Father and have his Father's will done.

...and yet you don't seem to believe in his Father.

Quite sad really.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Sep 08

Here is one:

You claimed : " I subscribe to all Biblical teachings about women! ...."

Then I said :
Wow ...youre better than Jesus Christ himself.
He clearly did not suscribe to the stoning of adulterous women as prescribed by the law of Moses. "

So your claim that you suscribe to all Biblical teachings about women is ridiculous. Or do you really think that adulterous women should be stoned ?
Your reasoning faculties are askew.

How you can reach the conclusion that I must be better than Jesus just because I believe what the Bible teaches about women, or anything else it teaches for that matter, is beyond me.

You twist the scripture to support your own conclusions. It is an error I see used in this forum all the time. Because of your inherent narrow mindedness and apparent lack of Biblical knowledge, you fail to see the entire context, and therefore conclude erroneously whatever you have in mind regardless of logic and reason.

If you understood the law and the teachings of Jesus you would quickly realise that we are all guilty, and rightly deserving of death.

But of course you reject the authority of scripture anyway, so this argument is just a waste of time.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 08

Your reasoning faculties are askew.

How you can reach the conclusion that I must be better than Jesus just because I believe what the Bible teaches about women, or anything else it teaches for that matter, is beyond me.

You twist the scripture to support your own conclusions. It is an error I see used in this forum all the time. Because of your inheren ...[text shortened]... f course you reject the authority of scripture anyway, so this argument is just a waste of time.
Thats a pile of BS that you can offload on your own gullible little community.

The point is : Do you subscribe to ALL the biblical teachings about women.

I repeat. The Bible calls for the stoning of adulterous women. Christ did not. DO YOU ?

Answer the question.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
18 Sep 08

Thats a pile of BS that you can offload on your own gullible little community.

The point is : Do you subscribe to ALL the biblical teachings about women.

I repeat. The Bible calls for the stoning of adulterous women. Christ did not. DO YOU ?

Answer the question.
That's illogical , because Christ is IN the Bible. What is this thing you call "the Bible" that contradicts Christ?

It's a bit like saying that Idaho is either a state or its part of the USA.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Sep 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
That's illogical , because Christ is IN the Bible. What is this thing you call "the Bible" that contradicts Christ?

It's a bit like saying that Idaho is either a state or its part of the USA.
It's always painful whenever you try to employ logical constructs, Knightmeister.

Rajk999 is stating these two things:

1) In the Bible, there is Levitical law about the stoning of adulterous women.
2) In the Bible, Jesus discourages the stoning a particular adulterous woman.

Consequently, there is a conflict between Jesus and Levitical law.

Josephw says that he subscribes to all Biblical teaching about women. The set of 'teaching'
includes Levitical Law. If Joseph does not subscribe to Levitical Law, or at the very least the
law in which women ought to be stoned for adultery, then he does, in fact, not subscribe or
affirm 'all' Biblical teachings about women.

So, in fact, it is nothing like saying Idaho is either a State or a part of the USA.

Nemesio

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 08

Originally posted by Nemesio
It's always painful whenever you try to employ logical constructs, Knightmeister.

Jose ...[text shortened]... in fact, it is nothing like saying Idaho is either a State or a part of the USA.

Nemesio
Thank you.
I suspect JW knows exactly what my question is but he lacks the balls to retract his original (hasty) statement.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Sep 08

Originally posted by Nemesio

Jose ...[text shortened]... in fact, it is nothing like saying Idaho is either a State or a part of the USA.

Nemesio
Bulloney.

There is no conflict between Jesus' teachings and the law.

The conflict resides squarely in the mind of anyone who says there is.

My comment concerning the teachings of scripture as it relates to women has been taken out of context by one who neither believes in nor is enlightened by the Holy Spirit to speak to any issue concerning the teachings of the Bible in the first place, and secondly, you are also ill equipped to throw in your two cents worth because you don't see how Rajk misconscrewed the meaning of my comment in the first place.

You lose! And so has Rajk. 😠

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Sep 08

Thank you.
I suspect JW knows exactly what my question is but he lacks the balls to retract his original (hasty) statement.
I know exactly what your question is. The problem is you don't.

If you knew what you were talking about you would understand exactly what I'm talking about.

But you don't.

You are unenlightened. You're an unbeliever. You don't get it.

If you did you would plainly see that there are no contradictions or conflicts in the Bible. But again, without the Holy Spirit you are left with only your imagination. With only your fleshly mind groping in the dark.

You need to see the light! 😉

Don't take offense. None intended.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 08

I know exactly what your question is. The problem is you don't.

If you knew what you were talking about you would understand exactly what I'm talking about.

But you don't.

You are unenlightened. You're an unbeliever. You don't get it.

If you did you would plainly see that there are no contradictions or conflicts in the Bible. But again, without ...[text shortened]... roping in the dark.

You need to see the light! 😉

Don't take offense. None intended.
Lets see:
I dont know what the question is but YOU DO.
I dont know what I am talking about but YOU DO.
I am not enlightened. YOU ARE.
I am not a believer. YOU ARE.
I dont get it. YOU DO.
I dont have the holy spirit. YOU DO.
I dont see the light. YOU DO.

YOU are everthing ... but yet you cant answer a simple question. Youre a disgrace to decent Christians all over the world.

Offense intended ! (Note the lack of stupid smileys)

P

weedhopper

Moves
18 Sep 08
1 edit

All those Levitical laws (The Law) were meant for the people of the OT, and for their time. Jesus came, fulfilled the law, and died for our sins, so that we are no longer condemned by the law (This would be The Gospel). There's no contradiction, but there's also no reason to be obtuse about it.