On Language

On Language

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
Should Christians feel insulted and demeaned and belittled and slighted and condescending to be compared to KellyJay and Suzianne?
Go ask kelly and suzianne.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@secondson said
Go ask kelly and suzianne.
But it's your answer that I am interested in because it's your reaction to all this is interesting. Do you believe a Christian can rightfully feel insulted [and "demeaned" and "belittled" and "slighted" and "condescending to"] be compared to KellyJay and Suzianne? It is your answer to this that I am seeking.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
You used the word "gerrymandering". What do you think it means?
It means you and divegeester will say anything to derail the debate and keep the discussion off topic.

You know it, and so does divegeester. That's what makes you and him the two biggest trolls to ever post on these boards.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@secondson said
It means you and divegeester will say anything to derail the debate and keep the discussion off topic.
What definition of "gerrymandering" are you employing here? I think you have seized upon the wrong word.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@secondson said
You know it, and so does divegeester. That's what makes you and him the two biggest trolls to ever post on these boards.
I don't think we are.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
There is no onus on you to respond to the point I made about how "language" is sometimes not a difficulty in expressing ideas about belief.
Of course there is no onus.

I get to respond to you.

You are acting like it is some difficult chore to respond to your off-topic rants. It isn't. It's a pleasure. It also proves my point completely -- that you are a poster who cannot post on a variety of topics and is here to actually just snipe at people he doesn't like.

My guess is that you are someone who may have failed miserably in your real life social life, and you come here & fantasize that you are making up for it by being the main poster and "policing" an internet forum.

It's also certainly curious that you never cross over to the "Debates" forum. My guess is that it was so populated that no one gave a crap about what you were saying & your shtick grew thin very quickly.

But keep it up here -- let the threads be derailed. It's fine. A thread can be derailed in one regard but still active in other regards.

You just post what you want to post, and I will continue to post what I wish to post.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
You seem to think someone is engaged in egotistical and malicious gerrymandering.
I don't think it. I know it.

You and divegeester are the most prolific egotistical and malicious, and malevolent, posters in this forum.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
You used the word "insult". That is the language you chose to use. How is likening KellyJay to Suzianne an "insult" to your way of thinking?
You are as blind as a bat.

KJ & Dive had begun attacking each other. Thus, any comparison to Suzianne was meant to be through the lens that Suzianne is a negative comparison.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@philokalia said
You just post what you want to post, and I will continue to post what I wish to post.
Agreed. I have been saying this all along.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
I don't think we are.
Of course not. You're too egotistical.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@philokalia said
You are as blind as a bat.

KJ & Dive had begun attacking each other. Thus, any comparison to Suzianne was meant to be through the lens that Suzianne is a negative comparison.
How is it an "insult" though? What negative substance is it that you see? Why should KellyJay and Suzianne be worried about being compared to one another? Why are you worried about Christian posters being compared to one another?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
Agreed. I have been saying this all along.
And you'll say anything "all along" the way to try and keep the ball in your court.

We see right through you.

F

Moves
25 Dec 18

@philokalia said
My guess is that you are someone who may have failed miserably in your real life social life, and you come here & fantasize that you are making up for it by being the main poster and "policing" an internet forum.

It's also certainly curious that you never cross over to the "Debates" forum. My guess is that it was so populated that no one gave a crap about what you were saying & your shtick grew thin very quickly.
Thanks for your guesses.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Dec 18

I think the "torturer God" analogy could even get us back on the topic to some degree.

Atheists and anti-hell types believe in interpreting the strictest, least forgiving concepts of hell, redemption, and the concept of free will, and they ignore the relevant analysis that Christians (or other religious groups) provide to accompany it.

They then hammer away at it, post after post, without ever actually reaching out even with an appropriate mind to discuss to the other perspective. Indeed, whatever the other perspective says will be twisted to continue to serve their narrative which is actually unrepresentative of the Christian's own beliefs on hell, or it will simply be ignored.

It is an example of a large language barrier -- but it is a malicious barrier because it is done by choice and it is done to pervert discussion. In this particular case, it is even done in an attempt to trigger the opposition.

... And it's Christmas. 🙂

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
25 Dec 18

@fmf said
How is it an "insult" though? What negative substance is it that you see? Why should KellyJay and Suzianne be worried about being compared to one another? Why are you worried about Christian posters being compared to one another?
You're the one that's worried about it.

Catching on yet?