old bibles

old bibles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
20 Mar 05

what do you do with old bibles...how do you properly dispose of them ?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by GENGAR
If the pages are thin enough you can use them to roll joints. Ah, the good old days.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Mar 05

Originally posted by bbarr
If the pages are thin enough you can use them to roll joints. Ah, the good old days.
Wow. What a concept. I should do that sometime.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
21 Mar 05

I've been mulching trees with the paper. I feel that it gives a little bit back. Afterall, the trees died to propagate rubbish, so I turn the rubbish into something useful. The trees grow much better as the paper conserves moisture and also stops the weeds growing.

S

Moves
21 Mar 05

Aren't you meant to cut a hole in the middle of each page and then glue the outsides together so that you can secret a tape recorder or a gun inside or something? If you do it carefully you can keep the paper to roll joints as well as Bennet suggested.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Aren't you meant to cut a hole in the middle of each page and then glue the outsides together so that you can secret a tape recorder or a gun inside or something? If you do it carefully you can keep the paper to roll joints as well as Bennet suggested.
We don't plant trees with guns inside in Australia. But then I've heard that this is common in the USA. But maybe I misheard?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
We don't plant trees with guns inside in Australia. But then I've heard that this is common in the USA. But maybe I misheard?
The paper might be most useful in compost the the paper used in place of weeds and the words an excelent substitute for sheep dip.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
21 Mar 05

Sheep dip needs to be poisonous...oh, but I guess if you use Deuteronomy and Revelations you have a toxic mix.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
21 Mar 05
1 edit

I had a buddy in college who bought one as a textbook for a religion course and returned it to the bookstore at the end of the semester.

LOL. That always cracks me up to think about. Returning the Bible. LOL.

Dr. S

P.S. And to think he probably only got 20 cents on the dollar for it. LOL

d

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by GENGAR
Hang on to it. It may come in handy during Halloween when you decide to dress up as something blasphemous.

The Apologist

Moves
21 Mar 05

Why is there a contest to see who can be the most vulgar when it comes to insulting God?

I mean, why do you feel that urge?

S

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Why is there a contest to see who can be the most vulgar when it comes to insulting God?

I mean, why do you feel that urge?
It is you who is insulted, not god. I don't believe god exists, how can I insult him? I make fun of the concept of god, because it amuses me to do so, just as it might amuse me to make fun of some other supernatural notion. Stop being so prideful Darfius, if you are insulted, ask yourself why?

The Apologist

Moves
21 Mar 05

It is you who is insulted, not god. I don't believe god exists, how can I insult him? I make fun of the concept of god, because it amuses me to do so, just as it might amuse me to make fun of some other supernatural notion. Stop being so prideful Darfius, if you are insulted, ask yourself why?
I'm proud of God's glory. He is an awesome God, as all of you will find out one day.

S

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
I'm proud of God's glory. He is an awesome God, as all of you will find out one day.
So you sin openly?

The Apologist

Moves
21 Mar 05

So you sin openly?
Read the Bible so you know what it is you're discussing. I'm not sinning.