not quite sphere

not quite sphere

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Feb 13

why isnt the earth exactly spherical?

k

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Rotation and Centrifugal force.

Moves
23 Feb 13

On this forum the answer might be that the earth fell from perfection with Adam's fall.

On the Debates forum the answer might be that Obama did it.

Pick a forum; get its answer.

Moves
23 Feb 13

Because it's flat.

F

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by JS357
On this forum the answer might be that the earth fell from perfection with Adam's fall.

On the Debates forum the answer might be that Obama did it.

Pick a forum; get its answer.
On the General Forum the discussion might have already been diverted to Grampy Bobby pondering out loud about whether people like him or dislike him, whether people secretly like him or secretly dislike him, or whether people openly like him or openly dislike him, and the question of why the earth is "not quite sphere" might have been already smothered.

Ro

Moves
23 Feb 13

Sorry, not my sphere

Z

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
On the General Forum the discussion might have already been diverted to Grampy Bobby pondering out loud about whether people like him or dislike him, whether people secretly like him or secretly dislike him, or whether people openly like him or openly dislike him, and the question of why the earth is "not quite sphere" might have been already smothered.
bobby is weird, his topics make my head hurt

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
23 Feb 13

Simple answer is because it has lumps and bumps on it. The more complex would say it is an oblate spheroid due to its rotation. We then explain the lumps and bumps, mountains, ocean basins etc in terms of plate tectonics, erosion, uplift etc. The really simple (minded) answer is the trite "god done it". You might get a more sensible answer in the Science forum if the inhabitants can be persuaded to ignore Revd. Hindquarters for a minute or two.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Feb 13
1 edit

Why should it be?

(you mean how its flatter on the top and bottom I assume? )