Noah's Ark?

Noah's Ark?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
that the Bible contradicts science is not even worthy of consideration, given that even though it is not a scientific text book, in those areas of science upon what it touches, it is wholly accurate
Sorry? The genesis part is far from scientific. Haven't we gone through this already? The global flooding myth is far from scientific. Are you blind?

Listen, I've said it before: If you chose to believe in the bible, then it's within your religion. It's fine with me. But when you try to say that the bible is scientific, then you're plain wrong. And to that I object.

If you try to mix your religion with science, then you are dead wrong. Religion and science cannot ever mix.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Sorry? The genesis part is far from scientific. Haven't we gone through this already? The global flooding myth is far from scientific. Are you blind?

Listen, I've said it before: If you chose to believe in the bible, then it's within your religion. It's fine with me. But when you try to say that the bible is scientific, then you're plain wrong. And to ...[text shortened]... your religion with science, then you are dead wrong. Religion and science cannot ever mix.
yes we have gone through it, you produced nothing, we established that it was scientifically accurate. As for global flooding, as yet, no one has proffered anything as far as i can see to try to validate its authenticity, and yet you are basing your claim of victory upon what? the other team not showing up? convincing, really convincing.

thank you for repeating your mantra Fabian, it is of course a personal belief, like any other religious belief, and hey, who knows, you may bring spirituality to the spiritual forum after all!

i need to go work, cya!

F

Moves
04 Dec 09

yes we have gone through it, you produced nothing, we established that it was scientifically accurate. As for global flooding, as yet, no one has proffered anything as far as i can see to try to validate its authenticity, and yet you are basing your claim of victory upon what? the other team not showing up? convincing, really convincing.

thank ...[text shortened]... o knows, you may bring spirituality to the spiritual forum after all!

i need to go work, cya!
I've produced nothing? We can go from verse one of the genesis and show everything that contradicts science whenever you want.

And about the flooding: Explain to me scientifically - From were came the water to the flooding? To were went the water after? How can every animal, some in pairs, some in seven pairs, get room in the ark, and the ark is still floating, and the animals don't eat eachother? Scientifically, if you don't mind. You claim that the story is scientifically viable, then you have your chance now.

But if you do claim, that it has not to be scientifically, that it's your religion to believe this, then i can settle with that. But then you have in the future be honest enough not to try to blend science with your religion, because it cannot be done.

I foresee that you avoid the question altogehter, that's my prophecy.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09
1 edit

I've produced nothing? We can go from verse one of the genesis and show everything that contradicts science whenever you want.

And about the flooding: Explain to me scientifically - From were came the water to the flooding? To were went the water after? How can every animal, some in pairs, some in seven pairs, get room in the ark, and the ark is still it cannot be done.

I foresee that you avoid the question altogehter, that's my prophecy.
the Genesis one has been done and dusted, please refer to the threads, as for establishing the floods authenticity, i myself would proffer the sociological evidence. As for these other things like, where did the water come from, i think Galvo has comprehensively covered that, as for every animal we are still waiting for Noobster, who has made the assertion that there are so many millions of species of animals, i want to know if he has included amphibians and reptiles, many of which could have survived on debris, as well as fish and insects, for if we take the latter, they make up a huge proportion of the so many millions that noobster has proffered.

you are a prophet now, well well, things are looking up!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Dec 09

thank ...[text shortened]... o knows, you may bring spirituality to the spiritual forum after all!

i need to go work, cya!
yes we have gone through it, you produced nothing, we established that it was scientifically accurate.

When? What did i miss?

I'm stil waiting on your assessment of how you could fit 20 million animals on a 150m long boat. Where then would you put all their food for 150 days floating at seas?

And more importantly how would you stop the animals eating each other?

How would you stop the lions, tigers, cheetahs etc eating the gazelles?

How would you stop the ant-eater eating the ants and so on, and so on.

To claim you have established this as scientific fact is fankly rather embarassing Rob, now prove me wrong.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

perhaps you had best read this, before you utter your mantra once again, i wouldnt want you beinhg hailed as a false prophet you know!

The “kinds” of animals selected had reference to the clear-cut and unalterable boundaries or limits set by the Creator, within which boundaries creatures are capable of breeding “according to their kinds.” It has been estimated by some that the hundreds of thousands of species of animals today could be reduced to a comparatively few family “kinds”—the horse kind and the cow kind, to mention but two.

The breeding boundaries according to “kind” established by Jehovah were not and could not be crossed. With this in mind some investigators have said that, had there been as few as 43 “kinds” of mammals, 74 “kinds” of birds, and 10 “kinds” of reptiles in the ark, they could have produced the variety of species known today.

Others have been more liberal in estimating that 72 “kinds” of quadrupeds and less than 200 bird “kinds” were all that were required. That the great variety of animal life known today could have come from inbreeding within so few “kinds” following the Flood is proved by the endless variety of humankind—short, tall, fat, thin, with countless variations in the color of hair, eyes, and skin—all of whom sprang from the one family of Noah.

These estimates may seem too restrictive to some, especially since such sources as The Encyclopedia Americana indicate that there are upwards of 1,300,000 species of animals. (1977, Vol. 1, pp. 859-873) However, over 60 percent of these are insects.

Breaking these figures down further, of the 24,000 amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, 10,000 are birds, 9,000 are reptiles and amphibians, many of which could have survived outside the ark, and only 5,000 are mammals, including whales and porpoises, which would have also remained outside the ark.

Other researchers estimate that there are only about 290 species of land mammals larger than sheep and about 1,360 smaller than rats. (The Deluge Story in Stone, by B. C. Nelson, 1949, p. 156; The Flood in the Light of the Bible, Geology, and Archaeology, by A. M. Rehwinkel, 1957, p. 69)

So, even if estimates are based on these expanded figures, the ark could easily have accommodated a pair of all these animals.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]yes we have gone through it, you produced nothing, we established that it was scientifically accurate.

When? What did i miss?

I'm stil waiting on your assessment of how you could fit 20 million animals on a 150m long boat. Where then would you put all their food for 150 days floating at seas?

And more importantly how would you stop the an ...[text shortened]... have established this as scientific fact is fankly rather embarassing Rob, now prove me wrong.[/b]
please read the above and do not fret my dear Noobster, God is great and all is in hand! ummm have you never heard of compartments?

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

whats that? ...........the sound of your Jaws hitting the ground? Lol

F

Moves
04 Dec 09

the Genesis one has been done and dusted, please refer to the threads, as for establishing the floods authenticity, i myself would proffer the sociological evidence. As for these other things like, where did the water come from, i think Galvo has comprehensively covered that, as for every animal we are still waiting for Noobster, who has made the as ...[text shortened]... illions that noobster has proffered.

you are a prophet now, well well, things are looking up!
So you refer to Galvo. Is that enough, do you think? You want me to find a suitable thread when you are challenged to show the science about the biblical genesis? Oh, you are lazy.

I prophecized that you'd evade the questions. Okay, I'm a prohet, and prophecies work. You evade the questions. I told you so. You won't, because you can't.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09
1 edit

So you refer to Galvo. Is that enough, do you think? You want me to find a suitable thread when you are challenged to show the science about the biblical genesis? Oh, you are lazy.

I prophecized that you'd evade the questions. Okay, I'm a prohet, and prophecies work. You evade the questions. I told you so. You won't, because you can't.
would you like some cheese with your whine? i bet your only glad you hadn't offered to eat your hat! mayonnaise with that hat sir? yes Galvo is enough!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Dec 09

whats that? ...........the sound of your Jaws hitting the ground? Lol
Nope i was making my porridge.

Z

Moves
04 Dec 09

in my opinion, proper knob and fabian are tied currently. the competition for the world's most patient man is under way. will they go the distance?

the first one to call the carrobie names loses.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Nope i was making my porridge.
Lol, i had porridge also this morning, its freezing here Noob, and i need to go to work, and i work outside, and help meeeeeeeee!

F

Moves
04 Dec 09

would you like some cheese with your whine? i bet your only glad you hadn't offered to eat your hat! mayonnaise with that hat sir? yes Galvo is enough!
Skip the joks, that shows only that you're not serious.

So it's not your opinion? It's galvo's? Then why are you and I talking if you don't think your own opinion matters?

Still avoiding the questions? My prophecy still holds?

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

Skip the joks, that shows only that you're not serious.

So it's not your opinion? It's galvo's? Then why are you and I talking if you don't think your own opinion matters?

Still avoiding the questions? My prophecy still holds?
Galvo and i, we are of the same opinion, for we are spiritual brothers!