No unity in beliefs.

No unity in beliefs.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 May 11

http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75

Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
Jesus was hopelessly wrong then.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 11

I don't think that Jesus explicitly addressed this issue.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
What? Are you having another lapse in reasoning? God himself condemned homosexuality in all Bibles and I bet even in yours, but you think since Jesus who you think is actually God himself would have a change of mind of some kind about this?
Humm....
OT: Homosexuality wrong and I even destroyed a couple cities because of that fact.
NT: "It's ok to be a homosexual now. I must have changed my mind since I didn't specifically mention that I still hate it!"
Oh my. This is a perfect example of how mans opinions and how churches have lost all spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 May 11

What? Are you having another lapse in reasoning? God himself condemned homosexuality in all Bibles and I bet even in yours, but you think since Jesus who you think is actually God himself would have a change of mind of some kind about this?
Humm....
OT: Homosexuality wrong and I even destroyed a couple cities because of that fact.
NT: "It's ok to b ...[text shortened]... spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.
Did Jesus have anything explicit to say on homosexuality. Is there anything on the topic other than what is in the OT?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 11

Paul clearly addressed it. Does that count?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 11

Do you have a passage which states that Christ's followers would be united in faith?

rc

Moves
11 May 11
2 edits

unbelievable that they have cast aside the word of God to establish their own agenda,
although the scriptures did indicate this very thing would happen.

(2 Timothy 4:3)  For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the
healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers
for themselves . . .

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 11

Humm....
NT: "It's ok to b ...[text shortened]... spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.
Again, I don't think Jesus addressed this issue explicitly.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
unbelievable that they have cast aside the word of God to establish their own agenda,
although the scriptures did indicate this very thing would happen.

(2 Timothy 4:3)  For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the
healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers
for themselves . . .
I thought you didn't believe in biblical legalism?

rc

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Doward
I thought you didn't believe in biblical legalism?
do you have a comment with regard to the verse? if so let it be heard otherwise i shall
merely direct you to watchtower.org which has a comprehensive list of our beliefs.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you have a passage which states that Christ's followers would be united in faith?
1 Corinthians 1:10 (Amplified Bible)
10 But I urge and entreat you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in perfect harmony and full agreement in what you say, and that there be no dissensions or factions or divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in your common understanding and in your opinions and judgments.

Thanks.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 May 11

Again, I don't think Jesus addressed this issue explicitly.
Lots of things Jesus didn't specifically say in direct words but the Bible as a whole clearly does not accept homosexuality. With all your studies of the Bible that should be clear to you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 May 11

Lots of things Jesus didn't specifically say in direct words but the Bible as a whole clearly does not accept homosexuality. With all your studies of the Bible that should be clear to you.
So Jesus had nothing to say on homosexuality then?

AH

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So Jesus had nothing to say on homosexuality then?
I may be mistaken but, if my memory is correct on this, he was reported to have said something like “do not judge what you do not understand” to some people that were harassing a homosexual -can anyone confirm/refute this?