No title

No title

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Sep 15
2 edits

error

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Sep 15

Originally posted by Dasa
error
You can quote one source from your Canon and back it up with another, but no source from your Canon can offer an independent reason for believing your Canon; to insist otherwise, to me it 's an error -regardless of one's Canon, that is.

Accepting beliefs blindly on the ground of revelation that comes from whoever we evaluate as an enlightened being or as a teacher who is closer to enlightenment than us, to me is problematic. And accepting beliefs on the ground that they have proved consistent with our experience through the senses and through meditation and intuition and also with the amount of second-hand information, ain’t mean that them beliefs hold or are universal for experience is indeed subject to the distorting influence of our own ignorance😵

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Sep 15
5 edits

Originally posted by black beetle
You can quote one source from your Canon and back it up with another, but no source from your Canon can offer an independent reason for believing your Canon; to insist otherwise, to me it 's an error -regardless of one's Canon, that is.

Accepting beliefs blindly on the ground of revelation that comes from whoever we evaluate as an enlightened being o ...[text shortened]... re universal for experience is indeed subject to the distorting influence of our own ignorance😵
Ask yourself how millions of Sanskrit verses of knowledge are existing way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids and the Torah and the Bible and the Quran and before Budda.

When Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas, he spoke 1 billion verses without stopping.

That is the Vedas.

And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language.

When scientist are telling us that cave men and dinosaur's are roaming about, there happens to be a complete Vedic civilization where a most perfect language called Sanskrit exists where it is explaining the complete health guide in the Ayurveda..

In this Vedic civilization you shall even find some scholars sitting about relaxing and sipping tea and playing chess.

Yes your beloved game chess is a Vedic recreational game.

Vedas do not discuss beliefs but true knowledge.

If you want to discuss beliefs then go to false religion or ask an atheistic scientist.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Sep 15

Ask yourself how millions of Sanskrit verses of knowledge are existing way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids and the Torah and the Bible and the Quran and before Budda.

That is the Vedas.

And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language. ...[text shortened]... edge.

If you want to discuss beliefs then go to false religion or ask an atheistic scientist.
Chess was invented in China. 😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
27 Sep 15

That is the Vedas.

And remembering that Sanskrit is the worlds most perfect and complete language. ...[text shortened]... edge.

First things first: how do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Sep 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I don't think it was. The original Rooks were Chariots and the Bishops were Elephants. Very Hindu, not so Chinese.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Sep 15

false

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Sep 15

Originally posted by black beetle
First things first: how do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
😵
I shall not play the game where you say to me ......prove this and prove that.

For a start you are an atheist and believe everything happens naturally without a controller behind everything.

That's just plain foolishness.

When spiritual truths are discussed a certain amount of intelligence is required so then you can stop asking everything to be proven.

When you learnt your ABC did you ask the teacher to prove everything.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
28 Sep 15

For a start you are an atheist and believe everything happens naturally without a controller behind everything.

When spiritual truths are discussed a certain amount of intelligence is required so then you can stop asking everything to be proven.

I did not ask you to prove anything. I asked you: How do You Know that Lord Brahma spoke the Vedas?
😵

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 15
1 edit

If Brahma spoke 1 billion verses and each verse, let's say, took one minute to recite, it would have taken 1000+ years for all those verses to be spoken. That is if Brahma talked 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year for 1000 years. But if he spoke one verse in one second, nobody could have understood them so it would have to have been done at a rate slow enough to be understood by ordinary humans. So even 1 minute may be too short. If it took 5 minutes per verse then Brahma would have taken 5000 years to speak 1 billion verses, and if the Brahma was human and required food and sleep, then he would only have been able to speak 8 hours a day, in that case it could have been 15,000 years to speak all 1 billion verses,

And it would have to have been told slow enough for the words to be written down, which would have slowed down the delivery even more, say 10 minutes per verse to be read and written, now we are up to 30,000 years to get it all written out.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
If Brahma spoke 1 billion verses and each verse, let's say, took one minute to recite, it would have taken 1000+ years for all those verses to be spoken. That is if Brahma talked 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year for 1000 years. But if he spoke one verse in one second, nobody could have understood them so it would have to have been done at a rate ...[text shortened]... nutes per verse to be read and written, now we are up to 30,000 years to get it all written out.
We shall call you MR speculation.

Your tiny brain cannot grasp the things of the Lord.

You apply mundane thinking where you must apply purified intelligence,.

Did you understand what I just told you.

You must raise your consciousness.

Lord Brahma has 4 heads and can therefore recite faster than you.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Sep 15

I have 6 heads. You'll just have to take my word for it, even though i offer no evidence. Think of me as your teacher.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
28 Sep 15

I have 6 heads. You'll just have to take my word for it, even though i offer no evidence. Think of me as your teacher.
LOL

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
28 Sep 15

Oh Dasa, can you not understand that when you insult and try to belittle those to whom you would preach you defeat yourself?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 15

So if he has 4 heads we are down to 5000 years to speak the whole thing. Are you assuming nobody was there to write the verses down, if so, how would anyone remember them?