No Middle Ground

No Middle Ground

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Your sneering has no impact on me, Grampy Bobby. Your religionist package strikes me as no more or less valid than Dasa's.
If you view the mention of your avocation as sneering, your emotional cluster is vibrating overtime I referenced the Grateful Dead because this legitimate passion is the only thing you seem to believe in deeply that's surfaced so far.

Is there an equivalent in the spiritual realm?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am pretty sure you know what an either/or logical fallacy is. Denying that the OP presents one is a form of forum entertainment for you, I suppose.
Yes. In your view, upon which fallacy is the op based?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
So, if your OP turns out to contain false material, we cannot conclude that you made a mistake and are a 'good man' who is in error, but instead, we must conclude by your own argument that you are a fraud and imposter and a 'bad man'.
Fine... except by then it'll be a little too late for you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Christianity is not a religion?
A brand new thought for the New Year!
Religion is man by man's efforts seeking to gain the approbation of and favor with an eternal omnipotent being. Christianity is Christ having done the work to propitiate the Father's justice and holiness (integrity) to graciously reconcile wayward man to himself by providing a gift of inestimable value and mind blowing temporal and eternal dimensions freely to all men.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
It is reminiscent of Dasa's 'The Vedas are NOT a belief system - they are just the truth, like it or not!'
The genuine article has been counterfeited since Eden.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Leaving aside that the validity of Christ's claims have little correlation with an online persona such as "divegeester"; the premise in your OP regarding “middle ground” whilst being accurate from a believing standpoint, is too easily challenged (as are all things Christian) by attacking accuracy of the word of God, as recorded over the centuries.

Unb ...[text shortened]... n "who is Jesus?" they cannot land on "a good peaceful guy who got a bum deal".

HNY
There is no middle ground. Tell a child, "Son, the stove is hot." Bobby accepts the truth by faith or rejects it and learns lesson #101

about pain. Absolute truth is non-negotiable. We're here to apprehend it. All of us go about it by choosing one of two options.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
... must have taken ...

Make your New Year's Resolution to begin using the correct grammar.
Why major on minor things?

F

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
If you view the mention of your avocation as sneering, your emotional cluster is vibrating overtime I referenced the Grateful Dead because this legitimate passion is the only thing you seem to believe in deeply that's surfaced so far.

Is there an equivalent in the spiritual realm?
What does "The Grateful Dead" have to do with anything?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jan 12
1 edit

There is no middle ground. Tell a child, "Son, the stove is hot." Bobby accepts the truth by faith or rejects it and learns lesson #101

about pain. Absolute truth is non-negotiable. We're here to apprehend it. All of us go about it by choosing one of two options.
I know GB, slow down and please read what I said; I'm discussing ways to explore and examine what is writen in order to extrapolate that truth. Your OP is imo truth, but to a non-believer there is a middle ground.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Jan 12

[b]No Middle Ground

Christ was either who and what He claimed to be or he was the worst fraud and imposter

the world has ever known. No ordinary 'good man' would make such outrageous claims.

Boston Lad[/b]
Not neccesarily, you know.
There is a chance that something was lost in translation.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Jan 12

Fine... except by then it'll be a little too late for you.
Huh? Your making no sense.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Your OP is imo truth,
Come on, your not that dense.

Moves
01 Jan 12

[b]No Middle Ground

Christ was either who and what He claimed to be or he was the worst fraud and imposter

the world has ever known. No ordinary 'good man' would make such outrageous claims.

Boston Lad[/b]
This is evidently false, and is such in many different ways.

First we have the logical fallacy of the 'false dichotomy',
There are more options that JC being who he was claimed to be or a fraud.
Other options have already been suggested in this thread, including the fact that he may never
have existed, or did exist but had his words and actions completely distorted by those writing
about him decades later.

Second, Even if he were a fraud then this doesn't mean he was the worst fraud ever, even in religious
feilds you can find many to rival him, the prophet Mohamed, Moses, Ron Hubbard.... ect.

Third, It is possible for an otherwise 'ordinary good man' to be deluded and or deceived (even self deceived)
into believing incredible things that are not true. And so would be completely sincere and honest while also
being completely wrong.

Thus your OP is both logically and materially false.

Oh, and Happy 2012 :-)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
What does "The Grateful Dead" have to do with anything?
FMF
Last moved 1 day 2 hours and 17 minutes ago
(1093)

About FMF
http://thedollops.blogspot.com/

"Here is a labour of love I have been labouring over, lovingly.

Ninety one hour compilations of live Grateful Dead music, year by year, absolutely heaps of it, all crisp & woody soundboards, sourced from the actual GD vault itself.

Originally distributed freely to deadheads by dead.net back in 2006 and 2007, here these 192kbps mp3s are bunched together in yearly compilations instead of according to the month and day (regardless of the year) as was the case with dead.net's Tapers Section.

These 'releases' were hand picked by the righteous David Lemieux, archivist and ears-in-chief at dead.net. The performances are all, at the very least, well worth a listen - if not astounding. They may well spark a return to an overlooked show or even some downloading activity from the archive. The sound quality is excellent throughout - and has been carefully tweaked too."

..........................................................................................

Apparently everything. One's life passions tend to color if not inform one's public persona and thinking.

gb

F

Moves
01 Jan 12
1 edit

[b]FMF
Last moved 1 day 2 hours and 17 minutes ago
(1093)

About FMF
http://thedollops.blogspot.com/

"Here is a labour of love I have been labouring over, lovingly.

Ninety one hour compilations of live Grateful Dead music, year by year, absolutely heaps of it, all crisp & woody soundboards, sourced from the actual GD vault itself.

Orig ...[text shortened]... One's life passions tend to color if not inform one's public persona and thinking.

gb
[/b]
Yes, that's on my profile page but what does "The Grateful Dead" have to do with anything we are discussing here?