New work on why some people are gay:

New work on why some people are gay:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Whether I
make fun of homosexuality, slur homosexuality or homosexuals has no bearing on this,
your attempts to make it personal by this inclusion is once again a reflection of the
weakness of your argument, the Bible condemns the practice throughout its pages, you have no defence to this fact!

What I was calling in question was you claimi ay or you don't. Your other posts seem to indicate that you believe they don't. Which is it?[/b]
its because i am a sinner, have you ever sinned ToO? I have explained my position
with regard to the Mosiac Law and its significance for Christians, you can make
reference to that.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Clearly, you do not think these passages mean that you should ignore Mosaic Law as a JW, as the JW website quotes extensively from it in support of its views.

So where is it stated that the death penalty for homosexual acts is not acceptable any more? In fact, I have read that the Watchtower makes it clear that the death penalty is acceptable and c ...[text shortened]... ath, what leads you to the view that this element of Mosaic Law should not continue to this day?
the Mosaic Law is no more binding on Christians, in practice, although in principle it
still applies, after all, its morally wrong, to steal, to murder, to commit adultery etc,
I have explained why with reference.

I provided a scriptural reference which demonstrates that the Law was, 'nailed to the
torture stake', or annulled. Please produce the references from the watchtower
which states that homosexuals are to be executed in any context other than the
mosaic Law, if you please, for i have never read this and I have been a witness for
almost twenty years.

because we don't put people to death anymore for putting their willy where they
shouldn't or where nature never intended it to be.

If you can provide a single Biblical reference which demonstrates that
homosexuality is to be acceptable to a Christian, then please do so, otherwise, its
perfectly clear that it stands condemned.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its because i am a sinner, have you ever sinned ToO? I have explained my position
reference to that.
Law changes all the time.

Mosiac law, Sharia law, western law?

Some laws are primitive and need to be changed.

Updated because they are cruel or unreasonable
or because people become more educated and see
the error of their ways when a bad law was introduced.

What always surprises me about law is we are told the justice
system is very slow and not perfect. It may take years for
some legislation to be passed.

I don't accept that and I put it down to cowardice.
Moral and political cowardice.

Isn't it funny that if there is a crisis, a law could be passed overnight?

Ro

Moves
13 Dec 12
2 edits

the Mosaic Law is no more binding on Christians, in practice, although in principle it
still applies, after all, its morally wrong, to steal, to murder, to commit adultery etc,
I have explained why with reference.

I provided a scriptural reference which demonstrates that the Law was, 'nailed to the
torture stake', or annulled. Please prod more for putting their willy where they
shouldn't or where nature never intended it to be.
I didn't say that JWs advocated the death penalty for homosexual acts.

I said that the Watchtower said that death penalty was acceptable in the eyes of God. If I am wrong about this, please let me know.

I also said that the JW website cited Mosaic Law frequently and the Watchtower as the reason for the acceptability of the death penalty. Again, if I am wrong, please let me know.

The language of the Bible sees homosexuality as a gross sin, as you have accepted.

So I asked, quite logically, why specifically would JWs not think it was acceptable in the eyes of God to execute people who engage in homosexual acts if it is acceptable to execute them for, say, murder?

Does God anywhere say this would be unacceptable in his eyes?

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

I didn't say that JWs advocated the death penalty for homosexual acts.

I said that the Watchtower said that death penalty was acceptable in the eyes of God. If I am wrong about this, please let me know.

I also said that the JW website cited Mosaic Law frequently and the Watchtower as the reason for the acceptability of the death penalty. Again, ...[text shortened]... execute them for, say, murder?

Does God anywhere say this would be unacceptable in his eyes?
ok, then that is fine, of course our business is to uphold Bible as the ultimate authority
which clearly states that under the context of the Mosiac Law it was acceptable, we are,
however no longer subject to that Law. Capital punishment is now a matter for the
governments, we are in relative subjection to those governmental authorities, its not
our business to decide who they execute and who they do not.

Ro

Moves
13 Dec 12

ok, then that is fine, of course our business is to uphold Bible as the ultimate authority
which clearly states that under the context of the Mosiac Law it was acceptable, we are,
however no longer subject to that Law. Capital punishment is now a matter for the
governments, we are in relative subjection to those governmental authorities, its not
our business to decide who they execute and who they do not.
Just to be clear. Would God today consider it a sin if someone executed a person for committing a homosexual act?

T

Moves
13 Dec 12

reference to that.
Well, can't say as I really expected you to actually address the issues that I raised.

One can only wonder what your JW elders would make of your representation of their organization. You've done much more harm than good on this forum. If you can be honest with yourself, you'll know this to be true.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://scitechdaily.com/homosexuality-might-develop-in-the-womb-due-to-epigenetic-changes/

Why is there religious bias against gays if they really are born that way?

You would be saying your god set up those folks for failure.
It is called being born into sin.

God didn't set them up for failure it was the Devil.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

Well, can't say as I really expected you to actually address the issues that I raised.

One can only wonder what your JW elders would make of your representation of their organization. You've done much more harm than good on this forum. If you can be honest with yourself, you'll know this to be true.
lol, we shall let God be the judge of that, remember your smacking thread, i don't think
you should be casting any stones.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

Just to be clear. Would God today consider it a sin if someone executed a person for committing a homosexual act?
hard to say, the only instance that i am aware of where it was permitted was under the
mosaic law, apart from that, one enters the realms of pure speculation.

T

Moves
13 Dec 12
1 edit

lol, we shall let God be the judge of that, remember your smacking thread, i don't think
you should be casting any stones.
Can you explain how your post makes logical sense?

Do you think that you've represented the JWs well?

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

Can you explain how your post makes logical sense?

Do you think that you've represented the JWs well?
whether I have or have not is none of your concern, its between me and my God, you
worry about the rafter in your own eye and let me worry about the straw in mine.

T

Moves
14 Dec 12
2 edits

whether I have or have not is none of your concern, its between me and my God, you
worry about the rafter in your own eye and let me worry about the straw in mine.
To be clear, I was asking YOUR opinion on YOUR representation of the JWs:
"Do you think that you've represented the JWs well?"

Also, I'll assume that you're unable to explain how your previous post makes logical sense.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 12

To be clear, I was asking YOUR opinion on YOUR representation of the JWs:
"Do you think that you've represented the JWs well?"

Also, I'll assume that you're unable to explain how your previous post makes logical sense.
Yes I think that i have represented our position to the best of my ability, sometimes i
win, sometimes i lose, it makes sense because whether i have or have not is none of
your concern, is it, you should be worrying about your now tattered reputation, as if it
wasn't bad enough prior to the now infamous smacking thread.

T

Moves
14 Dec 12
4 edits

Yes I think that i have represented our position to the best of my ability, sometimes i
win, sometimes i lose, it makes sense because whether i have or have not is none of
your concern, is it, you should be worrying about your now tattered reputation, as if it
wasn't bad enough prior to the now infamous smacking thread.
I wasn't asking about your representation of the JW position. I was asking about your representation of the JW organization. Do you think you've represented the JW organization well? In other words, do you think you've done more harm or good to the reputation of the JW organization?

BTW, I'm not at all concerned with my "reputation" with those kids that posted on the CP thread. One problem with kids is that they don't know what they don't know. As such, it's nigh impossible to get certain concepts across to them. It's like trying to explain to a teenager that cursing like a sailor doesn't really make them seem mature - other than to pre-teens, other teens and some immature "adults"; it makes them seem immature.