New study of how life got here, lithopanspermia:

New study of how life got here, lithopanspermia:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Sep 12

http://phys.org/news/2012-09-slow-moving-odds-life-earth-space.html

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://phys.org/news/2012-09-slow-moving-odds-life-earth-space.html
take it to science and the UFO/aliens forum.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
take it to science and the UFO/aliens forum.
It's a lot more believable than 'god did it'. I'll bet you didn't even read it did you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Sep 12

It's a lot more believable than 'god did it'. I'll bet you didn't even read it did you.
You don't really believe that nonsense do you?

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life some place else and solves nothing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Sep 12

i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life, some place else and solves nothing.
The words of the Holy Bible have already solved that problem for us, if only we would believe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 12
2 edits

i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life some place else and solves nothing.
There is that problem, admittedly, if proven to be the foundation of life on Earth, it would not prove the origins of life. You are still left to believe in fairy tales.

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a decent star and planet in the goldilocks zone, it could happen anywhere in the universe, all independent wellsprings of life.

So you are still free to believe a god waved its rhretorical hands and said let there be life, but not just on Earth.

RJ, I don't 'believe' in such a scenario, it is just evidence at this point. I don't disbelieve it either.

You are free to poo poo the whole thing since it is still in the realm of speculation.

100 years from now, it may not be just speculation so scoff while you can.

Moves
25 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The words of the Holy Bible have already solved that problem for us, if only we would believe.
the bible doesnt explain how god exists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12

There is that problem, admittedly, if proven to be the foundation of life on Earth, it would not prove the origins of life. You are still left to believe in fairy tales.

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a d ...[text shortened]... f speculation.

I prefer not to believe in your fairy tale,

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the bible doesnt explain how god exists.
God is only partially explanable to our finite minds. God is infinite and that is beyond our understanding. Sorry, we can't put God in a box so you can examine Him like a lab rat.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Sep 12

God is only partially explanable to our finite minds. God is infinite and that is beyond our understanding. Sorry, we can't put God in a box so you can examine Him like a lab rat.
Now there is a thought I can buy: God as a lab rat. Makes sense considering the human like attributes you put to it. Jealousy, intolerant, capricious, killing whole species of animals to get rid of a few humans who erred. Great god you worship there.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Sep 12

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a d ...[text shortened]... f speculation.

Even if it was proven within the next century we know that the fundies would just rant on about it being "just a theory" 😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12

Now there is a thought I can buy: God as a lab rat. Makes sense considering the human like attributes you put to it. Jealousy, intolerant, capricious, killing whole species of animals to get rid of a few humans who erred. Great god you worship there.
God created man in His own image. So look at yourself for an idea of the image of God, even though it has become an imperfect image now.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12

Originally posted by Agerg
Even if it was proven within the next century we know that the fundies would just rant on about it being "just a theory" 😵
It will not be proven because it disagrees with what God said. 😏

Moves
26 Sep 12

are you saying you dont understand god?