Never doubt the Word of God!!!  - email

Never doubt the Word of God!!! - email

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by stocken
Of course He's not. Bon Scott was born in Scottland and then moved with his parents to australia. So, despite his omniscient state, you could say that from an earthlings perspective he's a scottish aussie.

Halleluja!
"scottish aussie" - very interresting

s

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by Nicolaas
"scottish aussie" - very interresting
Isn't it, though. 😀

Praise Bon!

Moves
13 Feb 06

Bump for Starrman.

s

Moves
13 Feb 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Bump for Starrman.
You have absolutely no concept of humor, do you?

S

Moves
13 Feb 06

So you think that a "wind" has the capacity to convict people of their sin? How do you think that I can enhance my experience that (someone would be convicted of their sin) to coincide with this expectation quite dramatically?

I'm suggesting that your pastor's reference to the wind is merely theatrics.

Do you have a natural explanation within the bounds of reason which explains why different poeple would be convicted of their sin when they hear the gospel of Jesus Christ? And then once you've done that would you explain why different poeple would be convicted of their sin without anyone preaching to them or telling them about Jesus? Could you please give me a natural explanation within the bounds of reason why these different people would come to a preacher and tell him that they need to confess their sin because they are on the way to hell and only Jesus will be able to set them free from their sin, without another person telling them this?

As I've said before, all of these questions can be answered by the fact that it is entirely possible that a) They have heard of your mission beforehand b)They hear you are offeing food c)They are poor and perhaps struggling with life's issues and see your mission as a chance for help, regardless of the notion of god. These are all entirely reasonable prospects and far more believable than the notion of god's intervention.

What if the heart of man were really deceiptful above all other things?

What of it? Bad people do bad things, but since I don't believe in the notion of a soul, their redemption on a spiritual level is immaterial to me.

How so?

You go out into another person's culture and under the guise of education, supplies or sometimes just plain threats of force (soul going to hell) and you attempt to break their culture. I can see no good in this.

A person has free-will doesn't he? No one demands that you turn to God. It is up to the individual is it not? The individual can choose to read and accept or reject something for themselves.

Of course, but are you honestly telling me that your pastor has never told anyone they are going to end up in hell if they do not convert?

So do you believe that lying and hearing something by the grapevine can cause you to weep and confess your sin?

That's not what I said, I merely offered a reasonable alternative to why they came to you with a knowledge of sin/jesus/confession.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. Everybody gets food, not only those who are convicted and about sin. In fact the people who are convicted are willing to go without food by staying behind to make their lives right with God and to confess their sin while everybody else is going for food.

It's entirely possible that there are people in need of spiritual guidance, and perhaps the notion of fasting is one they are familiar with. The point is, if you are poor and hungry, then you will venture to a place where food is available. The fact you give it out free can be something they are not aware of, they may think they are under some obligation.

What about Satanism? I have met many a Satanist that has been completely changed since the day they surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ.

What's that got to do with anything? You asked me whether I thought witchcraft was made up; I have told you I believe that basically it exists within the same boundaries of reason as the notion of god. Satan is obviously centered in there too.

So, are you going to keep your side of the bargain, or is this going to become a futile debate?

S

Moves
14 Feb 06

Bump for dj, seeing as you have enough time to engage me in other threads.

S

Moves
15 Feb 06

Originally posted by Starrman
Bump for dj, seeing as you have enough time to engage me in other threads.
Come on dj, you have a bargain to fulfil, and I'm also waiting in vain for your ID thesis...

Moves
15 Feb 06

Originally posted by Starrman
Come on dj, you have a bargain to fulfil, and I'm also waiting in vain for your ID thesis...
What proof do you have that you read every word of the pamphlet?
😏

As for the ID Thesis: I started with it...

But then I saw it had been done for me already by people more capable and knowledgable that myself...

http://www.designinference.com/inteldes.htm

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/274creation.html

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
15 Feb 06

😏

But then I saw it had been done for me already by people more capable and knowledgable that myself...

The author of the second book you mention also is a proponent of Bible codes. Do you agree with him?

Moves
15 Feb 06
2 edits

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
The author of the second book you mention also is a proponent of Bible codes. Do you agree with him?
Does the second book contain Bible codes?

🙄

Nope. Even if I did disagree with his Bible codes, I see no reason why that would refute a book that has nothing to do with it.

I suggest you pull something better than a mouldy strawman out of your hat.😴

S

Moves
15 Feb 06

😏

That's a cop out dj, I was, as always hoping for something genuine from you instead of other people's work. So far you have given me cut and pastes, pamphlets, links to theses you said you'd do yourself and you still haven't met your end of the bargain.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
15 Feb 06
1 edit

I suggest you pull something better than a mouldy strawman out of your hat.😴
If you are going to accuse me of things at least make them true. What I asked was an attempt to cast doubt on the credibility of your sources. I doubt if you even know what a straw man argument is.

EDIT: I also don't wear hats.

Moves
15 Feb 06

If you are going to accuse me of things at least make them true. What I asked was an attempt to cast doubt on the credibility of your sources. I doubt if you even know what a straw man argument is.

EDIT: I also don't wear hats.
Do I always have to let you know when I'm using a pun?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
15 Feb 06

Do I always have to let you know when I'm using a pun?
Where's the pun?

Moves
15 Feb 06

Where's the pun?
Clue- It's in the last sentence, and there is more that one.