Name that scripture

Name that scripture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Thank you, KJ.

I know you and I go round and round about some aspects of Christianity, but it always comes back to Jesus and his redemptive sacrifice on the cross. I never forget that.

There are some in this forum that I wonder if Jesus is really in them, but I know he abides in you. Even if sometimes you appear a little misguided. 😀 (C'mon, that was a joke!)
Only sometimes misguided, I'm improving! 😉

Tks for the kind words too!

E

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
🙂 Amen
You still haven't answered my question, or perhaps I missed it.

According to the scriptures, can a person who is living out an active homosexual lifestyle be a child of God?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
You still haven't answered my question, or perhaps I missed it.

According to the scriptures, can a person who is living out an active homosexual lifestyle be a child of God?
You can follow sin or God, that lifestyle is sinful so if you are walking it, even defining yourself by it, than you are not walking with the Lord.

E

Moves
07 Jul 17

You can follow sin or God, that lifestyle is sinful so if you are walking it, even defining yourself by it, than you are not walking with the Lord.
Suzi disagrees.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Suzi disagrees.
I don't think you can justify living a sinful life without regard to God and claim you are following Him. Its a different thing striving to follow and stumble. Until we put on the incorruptible we will be fighting the good fight.

E

Moves
07 Jul 17

I don't think you can justify living a sinful life without regard to God and claim you are following Him. Its a different thing striving to follow and stumble. Until we put on the incorruptible we will be fighting the good fight.
Just goes to show what Suzi says is not correct. If it didn't work for her, why would it work for others?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Just goes to show what Suzi says is not correct. If it didn't work for her, why would it work for others?
She is a Christian, and she like you and I, will stand before the Lord and give account for each word and deed we do.

E

Moves
07 Jul 17

She is a Christian, and she like you and I, will stand before the Lord and give account for each word and deed we do.
Everyone will kneel before the Lord.

She is a wolf in sheep's clothing, ordo you deny such a thing exists?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 17

Everyone will kneel before the Lord.

She is a wolf in sheep's clothing, ordo you deny such a thing exists?
I don't deny those exist, I will not direct that towards her.

E

Moves
08 Jul 17

I don't deny those exist, I will not direct that towards her.
Even if she claims practicing homosexuals can be following God?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 17

Even if she claims practicing homosexuals can be following God?
Every sinner can start following God, you and I are, but those that want God will reject sin
and follow God, or they will stay in sin. I'll let God do His work in each of their lives, He
saved me from sins I was still doing after I got saved, and He is still working on me. If the
message is sin is okay, and God is bad, that is something else.

E

Moves
08 Jul 17

Every sinner can start following God, you and I are, but those that want God will reject sin
and follow God, or they will stay in sin. I'll let God do His work in each of their lives, He
saved me from sins I was still doing after I got saved, and He is still working on me. If the
message is sin is okay, and God is bad, that is something else.
What if the message is that homosexuality is not really a sin and as long as the gay couple is married, their relationship is no more sinful than a man and wife?

Would the christian who espouses this belief? Christian or wolf in sheep's clothing?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 17

What if the message is that homosexuality is not really a sin and as long as the gay couple is married, their relationship is no more sinful than a man and wife?

Would the christian who espouses this belief? Christian or wolf in sheep's clothing?
If someone is pushing sin I'd have doubts. What God calls a sin doesn't stop being one
because the world accepts it. It is still God's to work out, there are a lot of things we too
could be guilty of, so I'd be careful when it comes to condemning anyone, God could be
doing a work. If they honor God, God can deal with them, if they have nothing to do with
God it doesn't matter what sin they are clinging too, without Jesus they will die in their
sins.

E

Moves
08 Jul 17
1 edit

1 Corinthians 5

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[d]

Any disagreement with what I bolded?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jul 17

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Do you think you qualify?