Nambians Unite

Nambians Unite

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Did I ever deny that I wrote these words ?

The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

It ...[text shortened]... he doesn't like the definition [b]"God expressed"
Glorify would be the verb form of glory.[/b]
This is still not a definition. You are just saying things about your god figure. I want a definition of the English language of the word "glorify" that explains how people hung out burning on chains - and their suffering - for eternity - "glorifies" your god figure.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Give me a definition of Atheism which "makes sense" to me who knows that God is.
A disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 17

Before the August threaad "The Space Alien Thing" there was another thread I started called "A Few Questions For Dive" in July.

How do you insert the link with the word "Thread" techies ?

1.) Again -

Divegeester, Did I (sonship, jaywill) at ANY time on this Forum insist that I know of alien life on other planets either in the past or now or in the future ?

Is this something that claimed for certainty ? ... intelligent lives on other planets exist or will exist ?

In conjunction - Did I state that the Bible teaches this definitely ?

He doesn't answer that question. He asks this instead.

"The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds"

Sonship do you, before God deny ever saying this?

Eventually my response

Don't be slick. Phrase the question as it is relevant to the debate about what you claim I teach.

Yes. I deny before God and Satan and you that I insisted that I knew that other beings on other planets see God's judgment.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

So I take it that you are moving the goal post.
Absolutely not. I have been asking you about exactly the same thing for weeks and weeks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
A disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
Really believing that there is no God makes no sense.

And you like to talk about "waffle".
Here's some -

" A disbelief or lack of belief ..."

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe
How does the "endless woe" visited by a being on another being "glorify" that being? To answer "God expressed" is an evasive non-sequitur.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Really believing that there is no God makes no sense.

Here's some -

It's the definition of the English language word "atheism" you asked for. What is your definition of the word "glorify" in the context you use it where it is caused to happen by people being hung out on chains, burning.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Here's some -

How is it "waffle"? It's clear. It's brief. It's a precise, point blank, unequivocal answer to your question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 17

Absolutely not. I have been asking you about exactly the same thing for weeks and weeks.
In other words "Sonship you have not done the job of persuading me yet. Keep working."

I never promised anyone that I would persuade you.
Glory, biblically speaking is God expressed.

That is an adequate, if not exhaustive, definition in which to discuss something that you are cannot agree with or believe.

Glorify is the verb form of glory - having to do with allowing or participating in the invisible God being expressed.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

In other words "Sonship you have not done the job of persuading me yet. Keep working."
Nope. In other words, you're being dishonest about me moving goal posts.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Glorify is the verb form of glory - having to do with allowing or participating in the invisible God being expressed.
Show me some authoritative reference on the English language where this is the definition of "glorify".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 17
1 edit

How is it "waffle"? It's clear. It's brief. It's a precise, point blank, unequivocal answer to your question.
Its waffle because the classic straight forward definition of Atheism is the belief that there is no God. (of any kind, if you must).

The waffling about "lack of belief" came about when in philosophical debates atheists sought to shift the entire burden for a truth claim to the theist.

You're fiollowing the crowd and regurgitating the supposedly new and improved, unassailable definition of atheism. It is designed to totally remove any responsibility for the truth claim and place all burden on the theist.

"we just lack a belief ..."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 17
1 edit

Show me some authoritative reference on the English language where this is the definition of "glorify".
I said "biblically speaking" to indicate that I am using the word in the Bible's usage and context in reference to God.

The Red Sox, the Rock Hall of Fame, the nationalism of various countries, etc, the secular world may have a definition which works for that environment.

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

Its waffle because the classic straight forward definition of Atheism is the belief that there is no God. (of any kind, if you must).

The waffling about "lack of belief" came about when in philosophical debates atheists sought to shift the entire burden for a truth claim to the theist.

You're fiollowing the crowd and regurgitating the supposedly new ...[text shortened]... nsibility for the truth claim and place all burden on the theist.

"we just lack a belief ..."
It's a clear and accurate definition of what the word "atheism" means. It's not "waffle".

F

Moves
16 Oct 17

I said "biblically speaking" to indicate that I am using the word in the Bible's usage and context in reference to God.
How is this any different from you asserting that the suffering inflicted on those being tortured makes your god figure glorious simply because you say it makes your god figure glorious and you insist that it's so?