My Lord Jesus says:

My Lord Jesus says:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
You do realize that since no1 denies Jesus that he has no discernment from the Holy Spirit, correct? His opinions and interpretations are no more valid than an illiterate.
Then apparently an illiterate can understand Jesus' message far better than you, Darfius. Of course, that wouldn't be surprising as Jesus wanted his message to go to all men, even illiterates. However, you seem to have made yourself illiterate to anything but the rantings of a Fundamentalist cult. Your call, but please stop calling yourself a Christian when you reject Jesus' message and try to place someone else's "spin" on his words when they clearly don't mean what your cult claims.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Try letting THE WORD OF GOD, speak for itself. Try letting the HOLY SPIRIT speak.
Can Darvley dispense with Darfius' middlemanship and get right to the words?

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Can Darvley dispense with Darfius' middlemanship and get right to the words?
What middlemanship? I said only if Darvley read it sincerely would the Holy Spirit reveal it to him.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
16 Mar 05

"That is why it was called Babel—because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth."

(Genesis 11:9, NIV1)

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands."

(Revelation 7:9)

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 05

What middlemanship? I said only if Darvley read it sincerely would the Holy Spirit reveal it to him.
you didnt tell him what the point of reading it was?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

Entirety, eh? OK. Since you are finally willing to look at context, here we go:

25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 25:4 But the ...[text shortened]... s deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Any questions?

You're a complete liar, Darfius; I never said all would get into Heaven according to Jesus, "inclusive" does not mean "all-inclusive". I just said the criteria is in Matthew 25 and it says nothing about faith.

25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Those get eternal salvation the ones who treated their fellow men with charity and compassion.

25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Those get eternal damnation those who did not treat their fellow men with charity and compassion.

Whoever shall do the Will of my Father = treat other men with charity and compassion.

I will find and post Darfius' direct lie about the contents of Matthew 25. Be right back.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
You're a complete liar, Darfius; I never said all would get into Heaven according to Jesus, "inclusive" does not mean "all-inclusive". I just said the criteria is in Matthew 25 and it says nothing about faith.

25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least ...[text shortened]... ill find and post Darfius' direct lie about the contents of Matthew 25. Be right back.
Uh, I think Jesus made it quite clear who His brethren are, and how to become His brethren. And only His brethren get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Face it, no1, Matthew 25 says nothing about works earning you salvation. What it does explain is that Christians who claim to be Christians and then do no works won't make it, since their conversion was false.

Just become a Christian, no1, then we can debate this in fun rather than in desperation.

b

Moves
16 Mar 05

Hey, here's a Bible Study Lesson for RBHILL: compare and contrast the arrogant, self-righteousness of this post with John 8:15 where Jesus says:

I judge no man.
What HE said was:
Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear witness of myself,yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgement is true; for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witnessof myself, and the Father that sent me beareth of me. JOHN 8:14-19
What he meant was what HE said.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

ME: And why doesn't Matthew 25 qualify? ALL it speaks about are acts of charity and mercy to your fellow man gaining you eternal salvation; NOTHING NOT ONE WORD is mentioned about faith. I would say it clearly states that good works get you into Heaven, period. Point to me somewhere in Matthew 25 where it says differently.

Darfius: It says good works are a result of being righteous and being righteous is a result of being saved through faith.

Game. Set. Match. Go answer me in the other thread.

ME AGAIN: Please try to find in matthew 25 where it says "It says good works are a result of being righteous and being righteous is a result of being saved through faith."

You told a direct and deliberate lie about the words of Jesus, Darfius. How can you call yourself a Christian after that?

b

Moves
16 Mar 05

ME: And why doesn't Matthew 25 qualify? ALL it speaks about are acts of charity and mercy to your fellow man gaining you eternal salvation; NOTHING NOT ONE WORD is mentioned about faith. I would say it clearly states that good works get you into Heaven, period. Point to me somewhere in Matthew 25 where it says differently.

Darfius: It says ...[text shortened]... lie about the words of Jesus, Darfius. How can you call yourself a Christian after that?

where in MATTHEW 25

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

Uh, I think Jesus made it quite clear who His brethren are, and how to become His brethren. And only His brethren get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Face it, no1, Matthew 25 says nothing about works earning you salvation. What it does explain is that Christians who claim to be Christians and then do no works won't make it, since their conversion was false.

Just become a Christian, no1, then we can debate this in fun rather than in desperation.
You're a blasphemer, Darfius. Jesus did not say that you only had to take care of the sick, the hungry and naked of the "Brethren"; He said you would be judged on Judgment Day on how you treated even the least. Your sick, pathlogical need to think of yourself as a member of some special group, the ONLY group God cares about, as led you to reject the clear and unambiguous words of the teacher who you dare to laughingly call yourself a follower of. You need some help to get over your pathetic hatred for most of Mankind and your twisted need to think you're something better than everybody else. Do it now while you're young; you're wasting your life in this deranged Fundamentalist cult.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

What HE said was:
Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear witness of myself,yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgement is true; for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men i ...[text shortened]... and the Father that sent me beareth of me. JOHN 8:14-19
What he meant was what HE said.
What He meant was what He said yes; that man shouldn't judge other man - He said the same thing in Luke 6:37. Of course, God can judge but that's up to God. Jesus said I don't judge but if I did my judgment would be true like my Father's. That's perfectly consistent with the admonition against judgment by man in Luke 6:37.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
16 Mar 05

Let me get this straight, Darfius.

Are you suggesting that a Christian does not have a mandate
to help the poor (regardless of religion)? Or does a Christian only
have a mandate to help the poor Christian?

Please clarify for me.

Nemesio

b

Moves
16 Mar 05

What He meant was what He said yes; that man shouldn't judge other man - He said the same thing in Luke 6:37. Of course, God can judge but that's up to God. Jesus said I don't judge but if I did my judgment would be true like my Father's. That's perfectly consistent with the admonition against judgment by man in Luke 6:37.
Man is to judge according to the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. And made Himself quite clear.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 05

Man is to judge according to the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. And made Himself quite clear.
Luke 6:37 And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

Jesus made himself perfectly clear that man are not to judge other man and I don't know how he could have made it any plainer. If you reject this, you are rejecting the word of Jesus.