music

music

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jun 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
exactly what i said. i had an issue to a statement so general it communicates nothing out of the ordinary.

the fact that karoly changed his statement is of little consequence i was actually arguing for his original claim that basically that is true, but not important as he didn't supply a definition for music which led towards the fact that anything c ...[text shortened]... real value in a debate since its not falsifiable and can correspond to anything.

good talk
Ah good, time for a beer then.

L

Moves
08 Jun 10

i haven't argued that a kettle whistling is good music. i only argued that if someone likes it, it is simply that: music. and that is helpful towards supporting my claim that indeed all people love some kind of music.
As just a passerby, this really gave me a good chuckle. Cheers to you, Zahlanzi, in that project of yours.

Z

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by LemonJello
As just a passerby, this really gave me a good chuckle. Cheers to you, Zahlanzi, in that project of yours.
hey, weirder things have happened. weirder art definetely.

if ofili can slam som excrement on canvas and call it art, why not allow a kettle to be called music so i can make a point?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Jun 10

Hey, I've heard some stuff labelled music that made a kettle-whistle sound great in comparison.

L

Moves
08 Jun 10

hey, weirder things have happened. weirder art definetely.

if ofili can slam som excrement on canvas and call it art, why not allow a kettle to be called music so i can make a point?
I wasn't really chuckling about the thought of kettle whistling as music. I was chuckling about your claim that indeed everyone loves at least some music and more specifically how you think you can help support it by more or less stipulating that if one likes some sequence of sounds, then it is music.

While we are at it, let's stipulate that if one finds some collection of atoms fluffy, then it is a puppy. That will help support my claim that indeed everyone finds at least some puppy fluffy. This may mean our entertaining pancakes and marshmallows and pillows and newly laundered clothes and things like that as puppies; but like you say, hey weirder things have happened.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Hey, I've heard some stuff labelled music that made a kettle-whistle sound great in comparison.
Einturzende Neubaten?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Is there anyone at all (in the whole world) , that doesn't like some form of music?
Could music possibly be the only thing that 100% of people appreciate?
jazz sucks

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by RBHILL
jazz sucks
Nah you just have no soul...

Z

Moves
09 Jun 10

Originally posted by LemonJello
I wasn't really chuckling about the thought of kettle whistling as music. I was chuckling about your claim that indeed everyone loves at least some music and more specifically how you think you can help support it by more or less stipulating that if one likes some sequence of sounds, then it is music.

While we are at it, let's stipulate that if one fi ...[text shortened]... d clothes and things like that as puppies; but like you say, hey weirder things have happened.
with the difference that puppies are well defined. not everything fluffy is a puppy. the definition of puppies doesn't change every year to include little maggots or moocow babies. and also puppies are not a concept, an abstract idea.

with music it is subjective. like it is with art. when rap appeared all were shouting "wtf this is not music, they are talking".

Z

Moves
09 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
jazz sucks
jazz sucks for you. (and for me but that is besides the point)

some find it appealing. some find it music-like even.

Moves
09 Jun 10

(and for me but that is besides the point)
I knew it. No soul...

You seem to take people literally when they say about rap 'this isn't music'.

Z

Moves
09 Jun 10

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b](and for me but that is besides the point)
I knew it. No soul...

You seem to take people literally when they say about rap 'this isn't music'.[/b]
no i don't

Moves
09 Jun 10

no i don't
Oh good.

But in a discussion about what is and isn't music and what people think about that, you said:
'with music it is subjective. like it is with art. when rap appeared all were shouting "wtf this is not music, they are talking".'

So what did you mean by that?

Z

Moves
10 Jun 10

Originally posted by Lord Shark
Oh good.

But in a discussion about what is and isn't music and what people think about that, you said:
'with music it is subjective. like it is with art. when rap appeared all were shouting "wtf this is not music, they are talking".'

So what did you mean by that?
people have different oppinions of music, new genre of music takes time to be accepted as such, maybe in the year 2030 we will have kettle symphonies. or symphonies made up of sounds only bats or dogs can hear and you would need special equipment to perceive it.

Moves
10 Jun 10

people have different oppinions of music, new genre of music takes time to be accepted as such, maybe in the year 2030 we will have kettle symphonies. or symphonies made up of sounds only bats or dogs can hear and you would need special equipment to perceive it.
As I thought, you do take them literally then. What were you thinking, claiming you didn't?