More signs of the conclusion of this system...

More signs of the conclusion of this system...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
That's the whole point, isn't it? UFOs are out there, so they're safe to believe in. It's certainly not in here, meaning in the heart, like religion is. The heart is where oftentimes, humans fear to tread, especially if the heart is their own.
Well for me it's has real implications ....I saw one once a UFO that is ....did it change my faith in anyway no not really

Manny

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by josephw
Like what?
God knows.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14

Deism is your religion.
Id say its more like Meism

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
He worships you?
C'mon Robbie ... you're not that awesome!

F

Moves
30 Sep 14

If "meism", intellectually and spiritually speaking, is the opposite of groupthink and duckspeak, then the label might work. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
If "meism", intellectually and spiritually speaking, is the opposite of groupthink and duckspeak, then the label might work. 😉
Interesting conjugation.

I don't think that what is spiritual is known by intellectual means. I think the intellect follows the spirit, that what is spiritual affects the intellect.

I believe that spirituality is about matters of the spirit, that we are in essence spiritual beings with an intellectual capacity for interpreting the environment by means of the physical senses, but the spirit is that part of our makeup that gives us the capacity to know the truth, which is God.

God is Truth. The physical senses feed the intellect, but the spirit feeds the soul with the Truth, which is spiritually known.

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

I don't think that what is spiritual is known by intellectual means. I think the intellect follows the spirit, that what is spiritual affects the intellect.
There is plenty of intellectual dishonesty to be found in the arguments deployed in religious and spiritual discussions, and that is the case for all manner of beliefs and non-beliefs.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
There is plenty of intellectual dishonesty to be found in the arguments deployed in religious and spiritual discussions, and that is the case for all manner of beliefs and non-beliefs.
Of course!

When the intellect is founded on spiritual truth intellectual dishonesty is a willful act of rebellion against God's truth.

God's truth comes before, and is the priori of thought. When one engages in intellectual dishonesty, whether knowingly or not, that one compromises on the truth.

r

Moves
02 Oct 14

Matthew 24:6, "You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet."
Matthew 24:14, "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
1 Timothy 2:3,4, "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of the truth."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

Seems to me if there were say, 7 billion meists, there would be no religious wars, so I am all for it.

There would just be 7 billion opinions as to what or who or why god is.

It's not much different now, like the blind man examining an elephant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Seems to me if there were say, 7 billion meists, there would be no religious wars, so I am all for it.

Maybe you are the blind man.

r

Moves
16 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonhouse

I think there would be 7 billion wars. We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world. At Isaiah 48:18 God says, "If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.."

F

Moves
16 Oct 14

Originally posted by roigam
We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world.
My back-of-an-envelope survey of people I know, extrapolated to the world's entire population, indicates that the large majority of people ~ billions and billions ~ are already sure they "know who and what the true God is". What is it you "know" that they don't?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Oct 14

I think there would be 7 billion wars. We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world. At Isaiah 48:18 God says, "If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.."
Given that one of the commandments was "Thou shalt not kill" keeping to it would make peace pretty much automatic.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Oct 14

Deep man. ... d e e p