More love from Wesboro Baptist

More love from Wesboro Baptist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jul 06

I was doing a little reasearch today on the death of Diane Whipple, the young woman who was mauled to death by a dog in San Francisco. We are all familiar with the antics of theWesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags group. They have left no stone unturned in their memorial to this woman.

www.Godhatesfags.com/main/whipplememorial.html. Be sure to turn up the volume.

w

Moves
02 Jul 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
I was doing a little reasearch today on the death of Diane Whipple, the young woman who was mauled to death by a dog in San Francisco. We are all familiar with the antics of theWesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags group. They have left no stone unturned in their memorial to this woman.

I find it appalling when any death is celebrated no matter how "evil" that person may be perceived to be. I find it appalling when our soldiers are dragged through the streets in Iraq and hung on bridges as war tokens. I am equally appalled as the dead Iraqi terrorists are killed and displayed in our newspapers as if they were mere war trophies.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Jul 06

Originally posted by whodey
I find it appalling when any death is celebrated no matter how "evil" that person may be perceived to be. I find it appalling when our soldiers are dragged through the streets in Iraq and hung on bridges as war tokens. I am equally appalled as the dead Iraqi terrorists are killed and displayed in our newspapers as if they were mere war trophies.
Well said.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
02 Jul 06

God bless free speech...

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jul 06

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
God bless free speech...
I think there may be a hidden cost to that kind of speech.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
02 Jul 06

I think there may be a hidden cost to that kind of speech.
Perhaps not all that hidden!

I would like to do a scientific study in which lunatics like Phelps were inserted into a MRI scanner while they engaged in their righteous diatribes. I bet the pleasure and sex centres of their brains would light up brightly--which would rather cast doubt on the purity of their motives.

(BTW, thanks for kindly inviting me to your clan. But I'm on RHP too sporadically these days to accept it.)

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jul 06

Perhaps not all that hidden!

I would like to do a scientific study in which lunatics like Phelps were inserted into a MRI scanner while they engaged in their righteous diatribes. I bet the pleasure and sex centres of their brains would light up brightly--which would rather cast doubt on the purity of their motives.

(BTW, thanks for kindly inviting me to your clan. But I'm on RHP too sporadically these days to accept it.)
That would be pretty funny, but they would probably rationalize that the makers of the MRI scanner were Jews.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Jul 06

That would be pretty funny, but they would probably rationalize that the makers of the MRI scanner were Jews.
Or, "fags."

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jul 06

Who is hotter? The women of Wesboro Baptist Church or Diane Whipple, the lesbian?

I say Diane Whipple.

n

Moves
02 Jul 06

Who is hotter? The women of Wesboro Baptist Church or Diane Whipple, the lesbian?

I say Diane Whipple.
These people make me sick (l checked the site out Kirk)- a disgusting example freedom of speech being abused.

l can only the hope the Karma wagon comes around quickly.....

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
02 Jul 06

I say Diane Whipple.
By "hotter", I presume you don't mean as a result of eternal contact with fire and brimstone?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Jul 06

By "hotter", I presume you don't mean as a result of eternal contact with fire and brimstone?
Correct!

m

Moves
03 Jul 06

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church_(Topeka)

I didn’t think their web site was serious and they were just poking fun at Christianity until I read the above, but it looks like a) they’re for real, and b) they’re a bunch of nuts.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
03 Jul 06

Originally posted by masscat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church_(Topeka)

I didn’t think their web site was serious and they were just poking fun at Christianity until I read the above, but it looks like a) they’re for real, and b) they’re a bunch of nuts.
I actually exchanged some emails with one's of Fred Phelps's offspring some years ago.

I made the point that, if predetermination it true, as Phelps and co. believe, then there is no point in them proselytizing, because God has made his mind up already about who is saved and who is damned. Hence, they might as well save their breath. (Similarly, if predetermination is true, one could argue that there is no point in individually trying to be virtuous either).

Asperions were cast upon me in several subsequent emails. However, couldn't find any rebuttal of my point. What am I missing?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
03 Jul 06