Misc. Hell Responses

Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
When Jesus has His angels cast the wicked into outer darknes or the Lake of Fire, He is done with them. He is not hanging around continually tormenting them as you seem to imply. Their torment is due to the fact that they have chosen not to believe in the light of Christ, but to be apart from him and His blessings, and there is no longer any chance of repentance available. Their choice is final and forever.
what happened to fire and brimstone forever, you seem to throw that one out when it seems to help you with whatever argument you make ATT.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

http://russhickey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/untitled-212.jpg

Moves
16 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
http://russhickey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/untitled-212.jpg
Several christians in this forum are very reluctant to discuss their belief in or about eternal suffering, preferring instead to either ignore the topic, obfuscate or make silly comments about something completely unrelated in order to avoid discussing it, but without feeling as though they have surrendered their piece of ground.

It is my view that these Christians are embarrassed by their stance on this topic and probably don't really want to believe it anyway but may have had it forced fed to them in earlier life by their religious authority figure. Others don't seem to have sufficient grasp on Biblical scripture which results in them swinging between differing opinions and being easily swayed by other Christian personalities with whom they identify as being within their online social in-group.

Would you agree with this observation or do you hold a different view, and if so why do you hold it?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Several christians in this forum are very reluctant to discuss their belief in or about eternal suffering, preferring instead to either ignore the topic, obfuscate or make silly comments about something completely unrelated in order to avoid discussing it, but without feeling as though they have surrendered their piece of ground.

It is my view that t ...[text shortened]... d you agree with this observation or do you hold a different view, and if so why do you hold it?
That was a nice speech if you happen to be a self assured atheist with an ax to grind. But just to be clear, why am I hearing this from you?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

It is my view that t ...[text shortened]... d you agree with this observation or do you hold a different view, and if so why do you hold it?
I believe you meant to say...

Others don't seem to have sufficient grasp of Biblical scripture...

Moves
16 Jul 15

That was a nice speech if you happen to be a self assured atheist with an ax to grind. But just to be clear, why am I hearing this from [b]you?[/b]
It's a bit odd that you would post in a thread and refuse to discuss the thread topic.

Moves
16 Jul 15

I believe you meant to say...

Others don't seem to have [b]sufficient
grasp of Biblical scripture...[/b]
Correct.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

It's a bit odd that you would post in a thread and refuse to discuss the thread topic.
I'm only refusing to discuss this with you, what's so odd about that?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
what happened to fire and brimstone forever, you seem to throw that one out when it seems to help you with whatever argument you make ATT.
Didn't you read the first part where I said cast into "outer darknes or the Lake of Fire" which is the same as the Lake of Fire and Brimstone that lasts forever?

Moves
16 Jul 15

I'm only refusing to discuss this with [b]you, what's so odd about that?[/b]
It is my contention with sonship (the author of this thread) that his (and many other Christians) interpretation of certain Biblical scriptures which result in him (them) believing that the Jesus will be torturing unbelievers for eternity in some hellish place designed by God for that purpose, is completely incorrect, morally abhorrent, logically incoherent and out of step with the vast majority of scripture.

Do you agree with sonship on this matter or do you hold a different view and if so what is it and why do you hold it?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15

It is my contention with sonship (the author of this thread) that his (and many other Christians) interpretation of certain Biblical scriptures which result in him (them) believing that the Jesus will be torturing unbelievers for eternity in some hellish place designed by God for that purpose, is completely incorrect, morally abhorrent, logically incoher ...[text shortened]... ship on this matter or do you hold a different view and if so what is it and why do you hold it?
Are you asking what I personally believe regardless of what the Bible says?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jul 15

It is my contention with sonship (the author of this thread) that his (and many other Christians) interpretation of certain Biblical scriptures which result in him (them) believing that the Jesus will be torturing unbelievers for eternity in some hellish place designed by God for that purpose, is completely incorrect, morally abhorrent, logically incoher ...[text shortened]... ship on this matter or do you hold a different view and if so what is it and why do you hold it?
It appears to me that lemon lime agrees with me, if you don't like it, then that is tough. He does not want to discuss it with you anymore. 😏

Moves
16 Jul 15

Are you asking what I [b]personally believe regardless of what the Bible says?[/b]
What you believe is the point in question. How informed your belief is by Biblical reference is another related topic.

Moves
16 Jul 15
1 edit

It appears to me that lemon lime agrees with me, if you don't like it, then that is tough.
You think he agrees with you? But Lemon Lime is insistent that he has repeatedly made clear what he believes on this subject, is it not clear to you?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
16 Jul 15
1 edit

It appears to me that lemon lime agrees with me, if you don't like it, then that is tough. He does not want to discuss it with you anymore. 😏
After 40 years of struggling to understand scripture and getting to know God I've only been able to identify two denominations I don't have any particular problem with... baptist and pentecostal. With nearly every other denomination (some I'm not familiar with) I've seen varying degrees of understanding and adherence to scripture.

Disagreement over some points don't seem especially unusual to me, but disagreement over other points frankly have me stumped. Like the idea that Jesus is the son of God but he didn't actually exist until he was born as a man. All I need to do to clear this up for myself is to look at John 1: 1-13. I also remember reading where Jesus had said "Before Moses was I AM". I AM is a proper name for God (the Father) revealed to Moses after Moses asked God for his name. There are other passages that point to Jesus existing (as God) from the beginning, but the two examples I've given here are enough to settle the question for myself.

The 'God cannot die' argument doesn't hold up because the Bible says Jesus gave up his spirit (commended it to God). So allowing his physical body to die was actually an act of will rather than a natural consequence of being beaten and nailed to a cross. He died before the other two being crucified died, but he was beaten so badly before being nailed to a cross it astonishes me that he lasted as long as he did.