Michael the archangel revisited

Michael the archangel revisited

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, exactly, well done Ghostly one, also,

"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure-- pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38 😀
This is also not karma. This is not Jesus saying, “If you give out a million dollars in your lifetime, you will get a million dollars upon death.” This is Jesus declaring the desire of the heavenly Father to reward His children for the ways in which they reflect the grace they have been given.

The image here is of the measuring of grain. When you measure grain, you press and shake it, to make sure it is measured correctly. But notice that Jesus speaks of this grain running over. With that phrase, Jesus may be showing us the abundance of God’s response to our God-honoring lives. He will not merely measure out reward based on a strict scale, but He will richly bless those who have blessed others in His name.

Yet this verse also reminds us of a truth in our relationships with people. Do you want to be free of being judged and condemned? Do you want people to forgive you and give to you? Jesus calls you to relate to them in these godly ways. You do not do this merely to get something from them. That would simply be a sanctified form of selfishness. But you realize that in God’s economy, we do tend to get what we give. So you strive to give in ways that please Him, with confidence that He will provide for you through the hearts and actions of others.

http://tomsteinjr.blogspot.com/2012/07/giveluke-638.html

rc

Moves
20 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
This is also not karma. This is not Jesus saying, “If you give out a million dollars in your lifetime, you will get a million dollars upon death.” This is Jesus declaring the desire of the heavenly Father to reward His children for the ways in which they reflect the grace they have been given.

The image here is of the measuring of grain. Wh ...[text shortened]... hearts and actions of others.

http://tomsteinjr.blogspot.com/2012/07/giveluke-638.html
more nonsense, the actual principle is that you will be treated the same way that you treat others, that is Karma, cause and effect.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 15

more nonsense, the actual principle is that you will be treated the same way that you treat others, that is Karma, cause and effect.
And you can never acknowledge the spirit in which such is given to you. You see the one word "karma", and launch into your own vanity, totally forsaking everything else in the message.

What a loathsome, ignorant, vile man you are, utterly devoid of culture, knowledge or perhaps even salvation. You were obviously never taught any manners, nor how to actually appreciate anything.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
And you can never acknowledge the spirit in which such is given to you. You see the one word "karma", and launch into your own vanity, totally forsaking everything else in the message.

What a loathsome, ignorant, vile man you are, utterly devoid of culture, knowledge or perhaps even salvation. You were obviously never taught any manners, nor how to actually appreciate anything.
devoid of culture? bwahahaha, you Americans buy yours in jars!

The rest of your ill tempered tantrum is not a reflection of me, but of you. Sigh. . . . possibly a reflection of your bad karma man! Who are you to say who may be saved and who may not be?

Moves
20 Jun 15

devoid of culture? bwahahaha, you Americans buy yours in jars!

The rest of your ill tempered tantrum is not a reflection of me, but of you. Sigh. . . . possibly a reflection of your bad karma man! Who are you to say who may be saved and who may not be?
Have you managed to find the scripture where Jesus claims he was the archangel Michael yet?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 15
2 edits

There is no rule in Christianity that says others are going to treat you the same way you treat others. Others crucified Jesus. I don't recall Jesus crucifying anyone. Here is what Jesus said,
"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them."

(Luke 6:31-32 NASB)

Jesus never said they would treat you the same way you treat them. That may happen sometimes, but there is no guarantee.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 15

There is no rule in Christianity that says others are going to treat you the same way you treat others. Others crucified Jesus. I don't recall Jesus crucifying anyone. Here is what Jesus said,
[quote] "Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love the ...[text shortened]... ld treat you the same way you treat them. That may happen sometimes, but there is no guarantee.
once again I prefer the words of Christ than your hollow offerings.

Moves
21 Jun 15

Jesus speaks of the principle of Karma, see if you can find it?
As you are claiming it, I think it would be much better if you found it.

For once I'm with Hinds on this point.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 15

once again I prefer the words of Christ than your hollow offerings.
I quoted what Jesus said from Luke. He said that some people are not going to love you, but He wants Christians to love them anyway.

Moves
21 Jun 15

I quoted what Jesus said from Luke. He said that some people are not going to love you, but He wants Christians to love them anyway.
I feel a carrobie post about the persecution of JWs coming on...

rc

Moves
21 Jun 15

you don't say. . . . he also stated that what you're measuring out to other people will be measured out to you, meaning Karma man!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 15

you don't say. . . . he also stated that what you're measuring out to other people will be measured out to you, meaning Karma man!
The concept of Karma is properly and squarely in the Bible half a dozen times. However the follower of Christ is not the one to exact revenge, that is for God to do. Nobody is exempt from Karma, not CHristians ..nobody.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
The concept of Karma is properly and squarely in the Bible half a dozen times. However the follower of Christ is not the one to exact revenge, that is for God to do. Nobody is exempt from Karma, not CHristians ..nobody.
Yes Raj but try telling the karma deniers that!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 15

Yes Raj but try telling the karma deniers that!
So is the concept of reincarnation. Bet no Christian wants to accept that either. Its only because these concepts are mostly associated with Hinduism which Christians often ridicule.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
So is the concept of reincarnation. Bet no Christian wants to accept that either. Its only because these concepts are mostly associated with Hinduism which Christians often ridicule.
reincarnation? where is that concept in the scriptures? Hmmmm I wonder what bad thing divesgeester did to come back as a slug?