1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 22:44
    @kellyjay said
    No, I have the Lord in my life, you have an opinion.
    "Faith" is nothing more than a deeply-seated opinion.
  2. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    06 Jun '22 23:35
    @KellyJay

That is not what meta-narrative means. A meta-narrative (any meta-narrative) is a narrative about narratives: historical, cultural, philosophical, religious, whatever.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 01:151 edit
    @vistesd2 said
    @KellyJay

That is not what meta-narrative means. A meta-narrative (any meta-narrative) is a narrative about narratives: historical, cultural, philosophical, religious, whatever.
    The overarching story of the whole from beginning to end. If you are talking about
    various narratives, it isn't 'the' narrative those would be different narratives.
  4. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 03:55
    @KellyJay

No. A meta-narrative would be one that interprets those various narratives, such as those in the various books of the Bible, in order to forge a rational whole – in that case, a theological narrative that connects the diverse Biblical corpus.

The same with philosophy. I offered mine.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 09:22
    @fmf said
    "Faith" is nothing more than a deeply-seated opinion.
    So what you are saying is as you see it you have nothing about the truth around
    you only your opinions of it all?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 09:32
    @kellyjay said
    So what you are saying is as you see it you have nothing about the truth around
    you only your opinions of it all?
    You too have nothing but opinions about the unknown "truth" about supernatural things "around us".

As for the truth around us related to things that we can mostly measure and calculate in empirical ways, both you and I can make objective statements about.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 09:45
    @vistesd2 said
    @KellyJay

No. A meta-narrative would be one that interprets those various narratives, such as those in the various books of the Bible, in order to forge a rational whole – in that case, a theological narrative that connects the diverse Biblical corpus.

The same with philosophy. I offered mine.
    You and fmf, if it is all just another opinion; if all you are talking about is another
    opinion, you are not speaking about reality from the beginning to end; the big
    picture, the start, now, and the end. All the various stories about this or that are
    all just picked out of the whole without regard to the rest.

Say the big picture is like the zigsaw puzzle; universal reality by opinions the
    pieces for it don't have to fit if it's just opinions; we don't even need pieces of
    reality to put into our worldviews; anything will do; all of the illusions and
    delusions we can find ourselves that suit us they can be part of reality is just as
    real as reality itself, if it is all what we think, nothing more. Of course, that
    keeps us outside of reality, outside of truth, outside always in a universe of shifting
    sand of our own making, not one on a sure foundation. We can then feel good
    about ourselves, if all we have to say to one another, what do you think, being
    right is just expressing ourselves.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 09:49
    @fmf said
    You too have nothing but opinions about the unknown "truth" about supernatural things "around us".

As for the truth around us related to things that we can mostly measure and calculate in empirical ways, both you and I can make objective statements about.
    That is your opinion, nothing more, according to you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 10:53
    @kellyjay said
    That is your opinion, nothing more, according to you.
    Both of us are merely sharing our subjective opinions about these things.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 14:18
    @fmf said
    Both of us are merely sharing our subjective opinions about these things.
    That is your opinion!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 15:03
    @kellyjay said
    That is your opinion!
    And your assertions that "Jesus is actually in" you, that you will have everlasting life, the doctrine of atonement etc. etc. etc. ...they are all just opinions i.e. your faith.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 15:05
    @kellyjay said
    You and fmf, if it is all just another opinion
    The same goes for you.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 20:36
    @fmf said
    The same goes for you.
    Again your opinion which is all you claim you can have.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 23:35
    @kellyjay said
    Again your opinion which is all you claim you can have.
    You seem to be suggesting that your opinions are not subjective.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 10:06
    @fmf said
    And your assertions that "Jesus is actually in" you, that you will have everlasting life, the doctrine of atonement etc. etc. etc. ...they are all just opinions i.e. your faith.
    No, the scripture says that God comes to those that seek Him with all of their hearts
    that is not my opinion; it is what the Word of God says, and that I believe over your
    opinion of it, and the reality of God fulfilling His Word is something I have
    experienced and witnessed, His faithfulness isn't just an opinion; it is something I
    have seen played out in my life through good and bad times. Now you can disagree
    with me, but reality is what it is; your opinion will not change what is true about it
    from the beginning, now, and forever more.

You seem quite able to say all of this is just musings between people's ears,
    except in this one area, where you are quite willing to make a declaration about
    what someone else can experience, that coming from you is a truth statement
    where you leave no wiggle room for it is just your opinion; you declare it as a
    factual statement, not just a matter of different opinions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree