Matthew 18

Matthew 18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 May 11

Matthew 18
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/066/c/6/Michael_Jackson__Eternal_Child_by_BenHeine.jpg

πŸ˜›

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

This is very interesting. The advice in the beginning is very, very good. That's standard practice in conflict resolution.

What church did he mean?

How did he expect Christians to treat pagans and tax collectors?

In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

This seems to be a very clear statement that God actively tortures people. Anyone disagree?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 May 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Matthew 18
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

http://fc03.deviantar ...[text shortened]...

This seems to be a very clear statement that God actively tortures people. Anyone disagree?
..That the christian God tortures people? Maybe, but thats not the most significant thing I find in that text. What hits me is how much his advice reflects the situation of our time. Where young people are starting to stand up to the conventions of old.
Where the old order will fade and the new one will be ushered in.

To enter the kingdom "as little children" reflects the OPEN energy points/thinking that children naturally have as opposed to the rock-like , closed minded thinking of the baby boomer generation (Well a lot of them, anyway πŸ™‚ ).

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 May 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
.Where young people are starting to stand up to the conventions of old. Where the old order will fade and the new one will be ushered in. To enter the kingdom "as little children" reflects the OPEN energy points/thinking that children naturally have as opposed to the rock-like , closed minded thinking of the baby boomer generation (Well a lot of them, anyway πŸ™‚ ).
Sure, until they want a decent job.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 May 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Matthew 18

http://fc03.deviantar ...[text shortened]...

I think God tortures you all the time.

I'm just sayin'.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
07 May 11

Originally posted by josephw
I think God tortures you all the time.

I'm just sayin'.
That would make *your* God a bit of a dick then!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 May 11

Originally posted by Agerg
That would make *your* God a bit of a dick then!
The biggest.

So watch your step or you'll be next!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Sure, until they want a decent job.
Thats about it. What do we really want? more money?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 11

The biggest.

So watch your step or you'll be next!
No he wont

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 11

No he wont
2Thes 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Thes 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Thes 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
2Thes 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Thes 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Thes 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
The jury was still out on the correct interpretation of "God" the last time I checked.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 May 11

The jury was still out on the correct interpretation of "God" the last time I checked.
God is the judge, jury and executioner.

Hope you are ready when he arrives, becuase he wont be waiting on your ability to interpret or lack thereof ... πŸ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
God is the judge, jury and executioner.

Hope you are ready when he arrives, becuase he wont be waiting on your ability to interpret or lack thereof ... πŸ™‚
Lol

Lets just for a minute assume "he" is "judge, jury and executioner", (which I do not agree with), do you still think "he" tortures people? Is there a need for torture? Is that the only way to make people come around or some such?...

I agree with several posters on here who do not subscribe the such an awful god.

Sometimes I'm really not so sure you christians have a very good grasp on this God concept.

And if you are right, if I do need to be ready, well heck, it just so happens that I am.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 May 11
6 edits

Lol

Lets just for a minute assume "he" is "judge, jury and executioner", (which I do not agree with), do you still think "he" tortures people? Is there a need for torture? Is that the only way to make people come around or some such?...

I agree with several posters on here who do not subscribe the such an awful god.

Sometimes I'm really not so ...[text shortened]...
And if you are right, if I do need to be ready, well heck, it just so happens that I am.
Well you see, this vindictive "God" invention that the likes of josephw (et al) subscribe to (excluding probably the majority of other theists' notion of "God" btw) is a very shallow god.
"He", and never ever forget to refer to it in this sense or else "He"'ll double grill you for eternity whilst poking you in the eyes,
whence we conclude this god necessarily has some feature that makes it masculine - consequently I infer "he" is a dick!
doesn't have much to do up there in the clouds with his harp playing minstrels other than jibber in juvinile anticipation for the next human death so he can get his rocks off and torture them forever along with his good friend Satan (We know they're best buddies because "God" kindly gave him a big old fiery garden to amuse himself as fits the nature of Satan and a menacing looking trident tail to increase his badassness (Satan is very grateful for this, the demon chicks probably dig ths look and he no doubt has succubi fawning at his feet and sucking something else) - moreover for all the lies, deceit and torture this Satan feller weaves, this "God" who apparantly 'loves us all' would give us the shaft just for the heinous crime of not believing it, ahem..."He" exists; yet Satan gets to live the 'good life' in his infernal throne at the centre of the earth
(or middle of the earth inside a cave somewhere for the flat earth believers)
torturing us all forever and ever; he probably has a playstation 'infinity +1' as well).

Indeed I don't quite understand why the likes of josephw pander to such a god- it would no doubt flip a biased coin and damn even the most pious to the eternal toaster purely for the LOL-factor! (a bit like ripping legs off spiders)

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Well you see, this vindictive "God" invention that the likes of josephw (et al) subscribe to (excluding probably the majority of other theists' notion of "God" btw) is a very shallow god.
"He", and never ever forget to refer to it in this sense or else "He"'ll double grill you for eternity whilst poking you in the eyes,[hidden]whence we conclude this god nec ster purely for the LOL-factor! (a bit like ripping legs off spiders)
Agerg, you're a dink. Where in this forum have you ever heard me say anything about anyone frying in hell forever?

And, by the way, dink is the worse name I ever called anyone around here. Including Buddha, Krishna, or any other god someone reveres.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to denigrate my God, then knock yourself out. I don't care. It's not my toes you're stepping on.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 May 11
3 edits

Agerg, you're a dink. Where in this forum have you ever heard me say anything about anyone frying in hell forever?

And, by the way, dink is the worse name I ever called anyone around here. Including Buddha, Krishna, or any other god someone reveres.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to denigrate my God, then knock yourself out. I don't care. It's not my toes you're stepping on.
Well I'll see your "I'm a dink" and raise you
you're a *habahaskijambles*

You mentioned your god tortures people all the time; and so I, like many rational and morally transcendent-over-*your*-"God"
and yes I do assert *my* morals are superior to *your* "God", or to put it another way, *my* morals are superior to the ancient human inventors of *your* God
humans would, responded that such a God is a dick.
You then retorted your God is the biggest dick and implied I should watch my step or else torture is on the cards for me also.

Your conception of this God entity is far from sophisticated anyway, but that aside, what am I meant to take away from this comment? A God, who doesn't torture people for eternity, is worse than one who does??? πŸ˜•