Marital rape

Marital rape

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Quote whodeys exact words where you think he is saying that Dive rapes his wife.
We're talking about whodey's joke about divegeester on page 1. It's a joke about marital rape, right?

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
We're talking about whodey's joke about divegeester on page 1. It's a joke about marital rape, right?
The joke doesn't explicitly state that Dive rapes his wife. We both know that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 17
3 edits

There was no explicit mention of rape in whodeys question. The question was making fun of Dive and not of rape victims. Your blinkers obviously prevent you from seeing that.
I'm not interested in your squalid little thread further than to say I simply don't believe you when you say you were in a cult for decades and your sister was raped by the leaders.

There is absolutely no way you would talk about rape the way you do if your account was true. Because I believe this about you I have to tell you that I really don't like you very much and I now don't believe anything you have said about yourself. I don't believe you are a teacher either. You are just another boring forum troll.

Time for another identity.

Moves
09 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I'm not interested in your squalid little thread further than to say I simply don't believe you when you say you were in a cult for decades and your sister was raped by the leaders.

There is absolutely no way you would talk about rape the way you if your account was true. Because I believe this about you I have to tell you that I really don't like ...[text shortened]... you are a teacher either. You are just another boring forum troll.

Time for another identity.
Do you think whodeys quip was sincere or was it tongue in cheek?

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

"Sincere" in what sense? It was a joke about marital rape. What does 'sincerity' have to do with it?

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Justifications so far:

[1] Come on it was a funny rape joke, grow a sense of humour

[2] The joke wasn't about rape

[3] It was only tongue in cheek, it wasn't "sincere"

Moves
09 Sep 17

"Sincere" in what sense? It was a joke about marital rape. What does 'sincerity' have to do with it?
It was a joke about why Dive might possibly think it's odd for me to think that marital rape is morally unsound.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

It was a joke about why Dive might possibly think it's odd for me to think that marital rape is morally unsound.
Which page was that on?? whodey's joke on page 1 was a joke about divegeester raping his wife.

Moves
09 Sep 17

Justifications so far:

[1] Come on it was a funny rape joke, grow a sense of humour

[2] The joke wasn't about rape

[3] It was only tongue in cheek, it wasn't "sincere"
Do you believe that your belief about the morally soundness of this particular joke should apply for anyone other than yourself?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 17
2 edits

I'm not taking about whodey I'm talking about you.

I've decided I don't like you, I don't trust you and as I find you boring in the extreme I've decided to come out and tell you what I think. The rape thing sticks in my craw. I simply do not believe a religious abuse victim, which you clam to be, would reveal the information you have about your alleged sister and then start threads like this and within a couple of posts be joining in jokes about rape. You are just not credible.

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

Which page was that on?? whodey's joke on page 1 was a joke about divegeester raping his wife.
What page was that on? The joke on page 1 is a question, it says nothing about divegeester raping his wife. If anything you are the perv that assumes he does. No one else does.

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
I'm not taking about whodey I'm talking about you.

I've decided I don't like you, I don't trust you and as I find you boring in the extreme I've decided to come out and tell you what I think. The rape thing sticks in my craw. I simply do not believe a religious abuse victim, which you clam to be, would reveal the information you have about your alleged sister and then start threads like this. You are just not credible.
Well it's been quite obvious for a long time that you don't like me. You've said it multiple times. You like very few people on here. So that doesn't bother me in the least.This thread was started because you thought it was odd for me to believe that marital rape is wrong. Plus you told me to start a thread on it.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

Do you believe that your belief about the morally soundness of this particular joke should apply for anyone other than yourself?
I think your joke is in very poor taste and make you sound like an Under 15 rugby player. I don't think the joke causes any damage to, or deceives or coerces anyone, so I don't think it is morally unsound.

On the other hand, I think most of the things you have posted on this thread are completely dishonest in an utterly petty and adolescent kind of way. One might argue that this makes your behaviour on this thread morally unsound, but I am not going to press that case ~ as a moral issue it is too trivial.

Suffice to say, I don't think you'd point anyone to this thread as an illustration of your integrity in action.

You and whodey have an ugly sense of humour, like I said on page 1. Look what a fool you have made of yourself having let yourself get rubbed up the wrong way by the criticism.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 17
1 edit

What page was that on? The joke on page 1 is a question, it says nothing about divegeester raping his wife.
You're such a liar.

"Divegeester seems to think that it is odd for me to be opposed to the idea that marital rape is morally acceptable. Does anyone share his sentiment?"

Whodey's reply
"Well how else is he suppose to get any?"

Tell me again you don't think whodey is joking about me raping my wife? Go on...

Moves
09 Sep 17

I think your joke is in very poor taste and make you sound like an Under 15 rugby player. I don't think the joke causes any damage to, or deceives or coerces anyone, so I don't think it is morally unsound.

On the other hand, I think most of the things you have posted on this thread are completely dishonest in an utterly petty and adolescent kind of way. One ...[text shortened]... fool you have made of yourself having let yourself get rubbed up the wrong way by the criticism.
Why do we have an ugly sense of humor if the joke is not morally unsound? 🙄