Marital Rape

Marital Rape

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe all Christian wives have consented to sex even at times when they don't want sex?
more vain attempts to make the debate personal, how banal and how ignored.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If he does demand it, even when she is unwilling, would you consider it to be rape.
it depends on what they have consented to.

I remember a rather amusing debate in the house of Lords or commons that i was following on radio 4, one of the Mps gave a speech in which he detailed a scenario whereby some one wife was initially unwilling but was persuaded with some kind words and eventually acquiesced to have sex with the words, 'i suppose so', does such an act in your opinion constitute a rape? the lady being unwilling?

Ro

Moves
04 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have no idea what Mrs Outsider ( and believe me the long suffering lady has my every sympathy) has consented to. I would be more worried that you want to have sex with someone that has flu. seriously dude? really?
I made it very clear that she has refused to have sex with me. And yes, I want to have sex with her despite her having the flu.

If I forced her to have sex with me, would that be rape?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

rattled? the only thing thats doing any rattling is you yah snake!
You're dodging and deflecting. You don't want to debate the substance of what people are saying. And your catchphrases are starting to flow. You're rattled I think.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

please see the text above droogster!
Which one. Where you start calling people silly names, or where you use your hilarious catch-phrase "shad up a ya face"?

Or are you referring to something specifically in response to my direct question?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

more vain attempts to make the debate personal, how banal and how ignored.
But 'all Christian wives have consented to sex even at times when they don't want sex' seems to me absolutely central to what you are claiming is the Christian principle you are putting forward, so you should clarify if it is not what you believe.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Which one. Where you start calling people silly names, or where you use your hilarious catch-phrase "shad up a ya face"?

Or are you referring to something specifically in response to my direct question?
The only exit strategy robbie has on this topic is to pretend he was just being "jovial" all along and he didn't really mean all of the things he said.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I made it very clear that she has refused to have sex with me. And yes, I want to have sex with her despite her having the flu.

If I forced her to have sex with me, would that be rape?
It could be construed as rape yes but again i have no idea what she may have consented to.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

it depends on what they have consented to.
Do you think Christian marriage vows include consent to sex at times when the person doesn't want to have sex?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

It could be construed as rape yes but again i have no idea what she may have consented to.
Would it be "marital rape"?

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester

This one here

This actually in retrospect is a good point. A Christian wife and husband have agreed relinquish authority over there own bodies, this is a Christian principle. Of course its not to be taken in isolation and like other principles have a bearing. If a husband abides by the principle to love and cherish his wife as he does his own flesh', then he will not demand the so called marital due when sh is either unwilling or unable to consent, for this would be unloving.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Would it be "marital rape"?
Again i don't know it depends what the contractual parties have agreed to.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think Christian marriage vows include consent to sex at times when the person doesn't want to have sex?
I think the Christian marital vows provided a provision for mutual abstinence, beyond that I cannot say.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Again i don't know it depends what the contractual parties have agreed to.
Are you referring to some kind of legal agreement that the "contractual parties" have signed up to? I thought you were talking about "Christian marriage" and "Christian principles", and the none-existence of "marital rape".

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
The only exit strategy robbie has on this topic is to pretend he was just being "jovial" all along and he didn't really mean all of the things he said.
we know how you hate jovial fellows frolicking across cyber space, those gelid tentacles of yours must be itching to squeeze the humanity from them😵