Magic mushrooms

Magic mushrooms

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
So a non-excessive use of magic mushrooms - rather like wine - is a "gift from God"?
no that is not what I have said, i stated that wine is a gift from God and that its usage here was to demonstrate that there are substances which can be used in a way that is pleasing to God and also in a way that is displeasing, depending on dosage, refuting your assertion that due to their toxicity its an error of design on the part of God, but you knew that anyway, didn't you.

F

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no that is not what I have said, i stated that wine is a gift from God and that its usage here was to demonstrate that there are substances which can be used in a way that is pleasing to God and also in a way that is displeasing, depending on dosage, refuting your assertion that due to their toxicity its an error of design on the part of God, but you knew that anyway, didn't you.
So? Magic mushrooms ~ not OK. Wine ~ OK? Regardless of whether they are used to "excess" or not?

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
So God's will, in this case, is to be found at Wikipedia and not the Bible, is that right?
sorry Christians are counselled to shun foolish questionings, have a nice day.

(2 Timothy 2:23-25) 23 Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights.  But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil,  instructing with mildness those not favourably disposed. . .

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
So? Magic mushrooms ~ not OK. Wine ~ OK? Regardless of whether they are used to "excess" or not?
please see above.

F

Moves
01 May 13

...wine can lead to intoxication, loss of sensory perception, etc its usage in scripture is not condemned, except in excess, in fact, its termed a gift from God. The same principle applies.
The same principle applies to magic mushrooms?

F

Moves
01 May 13

sorry Christians are counselled to shun foolish questionings, have a nice day.
Ah, yes... just as you appear to have contradicted yourself. True to form.

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
Ah, yes... just as you appear to have contradicted yourself. True to form.
no contradictions, just foolish questions which the Bible wisely counsels us to ignore.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
01 May 13

no contradictions, just foolish questions which the Bible wisely counsels us to ignore.
I am going now to open a bottle of Santa Rita 120
white chardonnay wine from Chile.

Is that OK with you Robbie?

It's a beautiful wine, fruity and sweet made to go with fish or white meat.

Delicious. 🙂

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I am going now to open a bottle of Santa Rita 120
white chardonnay wine from Chile.

Is that OK with you Robbie?

It's a beautiful wine, fruity and sweet made to go with fish or white meat.

Delicious. 🙂
please ask widget of that most illustrious and cultured clan, the inimitable IVV for all your food and wine needs!

Moves
01 May 13

Who here has actually consumed magic mushrooms?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by divegeester
I have.

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I have.
I have, copiously.

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by divegeester
not me sir. however, once i was challenged to drink 8 cans of special brew and i think it had a similar effect.

Moves
01 May 13

I have, copiously.
can you take your j.w. hat off for a sec and tell us if it was a positive or negative experience?

rc

Moves
01 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
can you take your j.w. hat off for a sec and tell us if it was a positive or negative experience?
I have never had a bitter experience with hallucinogenics in any form, but i know people who have. Environment and prior state of mind have a profound influence on whether you have a 'good trip' or a 'bad trip'.