Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Luke 10:20b O.S.A.S.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Actually, NO!! Those 70 were promised a guaranteed place in the Kingdom of God. Many others received such a guarantee in the time of Christ.

There is no such thing as once saved always saved in the Bible pal. OSAS is a man-made expression designed to draw the gullible to give money to the churches. If any of those 70 had committed a sin that is unforgiva ...[text shortened]... ce saved always saved. Its an unbiblical and a childish concept designed to fool stupid people.
What exactly is an 'unforgivable sin'? Did Jesus die on the cross for specific sin, or ALL sin?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by chaney3
What exactly is an 'unforgivable sin'? Did Jesus die on the cross for specific sin, or ALL sin?
You figure it out. Read this and tell me what you thing Jesus died for:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

And the Bible has more of those passages.

Christ died to save mankind from inherited sin. That is for sin in the flesh. the sin of Adam caused the whole of mankind to fall, God sent his son to die to redeem mankind.

Christ died for ALL sin .. no way.. read what the passages say in the Bible instead of believing the idle gossip of fly by night churches.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15

Unforgivable sin .. here is what the Bible says:

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

There is such a thing as a sin that leads to death.

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

You figure it out. Read this and tell me what you thing Jesus died for:

[i]2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it is impossible for those who were once en ...[text shortened]... hat the passages say in the Bible instead of believing the idle gossip of fly by night churches.
You do realize that as humans, we are designed by God to sin until we die. No matter how hard we try.....we will fail, and ultimately fall short. You may claim that you are 'walking with Christ'....but, are you also claiming Rajk that you will never sin again?

And if Jesus died for ALL sin, what makes your sin any different from anybody else's sin? I take issue with people claiming that 'only they' know the truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

Dogma? I agree with everything Christ said [that is applicable to me], that was not specifically meant for others. I apply it to me no matter the consequences. That does not mean that I do it all the time but I do not explain it away or water it down like some do here.
How you choose to differentiate which of the words of Jesus are meant for you, which are for other christians, which are for the 12 disciples, or which are for whoever, is of course your own business. But if you try to make other Christians follow this somewhat pick-n-mix approach to scripture you should not be surprised when you meet with resistance and suspicion especially when pitched with your somewhat holier-than-thou approach to works based salvation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15

You do realize that as humans, we are designed by God to sin until we die. No matter how hard we try.....we will fail, and ultimately fall short. You may claim that you are 'walking with Christ'....but, are you also claiming Rajk that you will never sin again?

And if Jesus died for ALL sin, what makes your sin any different from anybody else's sin? I take issue with people claiming that 'only they' know the truth.
I challenged you recently to show me where the Bible said that "..we are designed by God to sin until we die. No matter how hard we try." .. the Bible says no such thing.

Yes we ultimately fall short. Lots of people walk with Christ and Christ does not expect perfection at all.

I never said I will never sin again and I never said I alone have truth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
How you choose to differentiate which of the words of Jesus are meant for you, which are for other christians, which are for the 12 disciples, or which are for whoever, is of course your own business. But if you try to make other Christians follow this somewhat pick-n-mix approach to scripture you should not be surprised when you meet with resistance and ...[text shortened]... n especially when pitched with your somewhat holier-than-thou approach to works based salvation.
Actually the holier than thou group is the pals you have that say that they are saved eternally and it is only if Christ is thrown into the lake of fire then they will also be thrown in as well .. That is the height of arrogance. The fact that you are one of them makes you blind as a bat.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15
2 edits

You do realize that as humans, we are designed by God to sin until we die.
As you are someone who attacks the veracity of both the old and new testaments, I'd be interested in understanding what you are basing this statement on? Unless of course you are just serving up another one of your wild over-arm 'bouncers'.

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

I challenged you recently to show me where the Bible said that "..we are designed by God to sin until we die. No matter how hard we try." .. the Bible says no such thing.

Yes we ultimately fall short. Lots of people walk with Christ and Christ does not expect perfection at all.

I never said I will never sin again and I never said I alone have truth.
I don't care if it's not in the Bible. God created humans. When He created us, we did not just decide to sin, it is PART of our design. He created us this way.

The Bible doesn't tell me where the local deli is either, but it doesn't mean that I starve because I cannot find the deli.

c

Moves
29 Jun 15

As you are someone who attacks the veracity of both the old and new testaments, I'd be interested in understanding what you are basing this statement on? Unless of course you are just serving up another one of your wild over-arm 'bouncers'.
God created us. If you do not think that sin is part of our package....then why do we sin? Where did it come from?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

Actually the holier than thou group is the pals you have that say that they are saved eternally and it is only if Christ is thrown into the lake of fire then they will also be thrown in as well .. That is the height of arrogance. The fact that you are one of them makes you blind as a bat.
It may have escaped your notice but I don't have any Christian "pals" here. I'm not really interested in your repeated frothy rantings about salvation through works anymore than I'm interested dasa's repeated frothy rantings about the Vedas. You don't seem to offer much insight into the Gospel, you don't even offer any insight into how one might practically attain salvation through works and you certainly don't offer any insight into how your particular belief system marries up with the other scriptures. Notwithstanding your attempt in this thread to isolate these scriptures by claiming they are not meant for you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15

God created us. If you do not think that sin is part of our package....then why do we sin? Where did it come from?
Who are you to say "God created us". You are not a Christian, so what God are you talking about and by who's authority do you speak?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15

I don't care if it's not in the Bible. God created humans. When He created us, we did not just decide to sin, it is PART of our design. He created us this way.

The Bible doesn't tell me where the local deli is either, but it doesn't mean that I starve because I cannot find the deli.
You sound like a teenager. I think you need to get back on facebook. This is a big-boy site. Come back in about 10 years.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Jun 15
1 edit

It may have escaped your notice but I don't have any Christian "pals" here. I'm not really interested in your repeated frothy rantings about salvation through works anymore than I'm interested dasa's repeated frothy rantings about the Vedas. You don't seem to offer much insight into the Gospel, you don't even offer any insight into how one might practica ...[text shortened]... your attempt in this thread to isolate these scriptures by claiming they are not meant for you.
Well why respond to my posts then? Clearly there is something Im saying that is rattling your conscience.

And Im saved Im saved Im saved Im a filthy sinner Im a filthy sinner ... Yes .. thats very insightful 😀

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 15

Well why respond to my posts then? Clearly there is something Im saying that is rattling your conscience.
Ha, you wish!

I should have said I'm not moved by, rather then not interested in.