loyalty

loyalty

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
only according to your religion.
Curious as to what claims your 'religion' makes.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
the real jesus would probably say "let bygones be bygones, come join me for a drink."
You're humanizing Him.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 12
1 edit

08 March 2012

"I look at it this way, it is kinda like the movie "Coming to America". For those who have not seen it, it is about a king from a far away country who is looking for love. He rejects those who wish to marry him for status and wealth and fame. Instead, he decided to come to a foriegn land, which is America, and be just an average Joe in the hopes of finding someone who likes....well....him.

For all those who don't fall in love with Christ as represented in the Bible, what else is there to say? You simply don't love him and never will." whodey

Thumbs up!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
PROVE IT!

Prove to us how you KNOW that there is an afterlife and how you KNOW how you get in.

Because if you don't have proof then you are just making this s**t up.

And it's damn unpleasant s**t given that you are gleefully anticipating most of the worlds
population to experience an eternity of torture after they die while you watch on.

Because that is just despicable.
Unfortunate your interest is superficial.

Moves
09 Mar 12

i was just in here cleaning out the tumbleweed and have another question!

why are the people on this forum reluctant to say they would or wouldnt switch faiths if proven wrong? is it because by answering the question as yes they would feeling they are some how being unfaithful to their beliefs, or by answering it do they feel they are saying the text of their faith isnt the most important part. if they say no and would rather die does that say they do not really love the world creator and just love their own idea of what he should be.

Moves
10 Mar 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie

why are the people on this forum reluctant to say they would or wouldnt switch faiths if proven wrong? is it because by answering the question as yes they would feeling they are some how being unfaithful to their beliefs, or by answering it do they feel they are saying the text ...[text shortened]... say they do not really love the world creator and just love their own idea of what he should be.
anybody?..........no..........ill get my coat.

w

Moves
10 Mar 12
1 edit

why are the people on this forum reluctant to say they would or wouldnt switch faiths if proven wrong? is it because by answering the question as yes they would feeling they are some how being unfaithful to their beliefs, or by answering it do they feel they are saying the text ...[text shortened]... say they do not really love the world creator and just love their own idea of what he should be.
I suppose it depends on what your faith is based. If it is based upon love, then no, you fight till the end. It would be like someone telling you that your loved one is a crappy human being. Even though the evidence might be mounting to that end, you believe in them just the same.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 12

anybody?..........no..........ill get my coat.
I wouldn't have any troubles. I'm sure I have some things wrong without being able to provide the right answer. Perhaps it's not even possible to put into words.
But I'm certain that whatever reality I may awaken to after I die (thats the hypothetical question here,right?) , that I would quickly adjust and make use of myself as best possible.

What do enlightened people do? Enlighten others 🙂

w

Moves
11 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
What do enlightened people do? Enlighten others 🙂[/b]
Atually, everyone seems to spend the majority of their time trying to show others how enlightened they really are.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by whodey
Atually, everyone seems to spend the majority of their time trying to show others how enlightened they really are.
I always look for the view that goes against the consensus on these things.

I tend to find that people that have found anything close to "spiritual truth" have hteir own slant on it and wont budge from that position no matter what, as compared to others who will go this way or that with the wind.

Moves
12 Mar 12

........ahem!.................

the lack of christians willing to answer this suggests to me its because they wouldnt turn to another religion and dont want to say because it makes them look like giant hypocrites, who dont really care about loving their creator and are not willing to accept proof even when its right in front of them, the very thing they accuse atheists of doing.

the lack of christians willing to answer this suggests to me its because they would turn to another religion and dont want to say because it shows that the teachings of their religion are unimportant and they will just follow whoever is in charge regardless of their beliefs.

am i wide of the mark?