Life on other planets

Life on other planets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
11 Jun 09

If intelligent life was found on a distant planet would that upset the Christian view of things ? Was Jesus just for planet earth ?

Cape Town

Moves
11 Jun 09

Originally posted by buckky
If intelligent life was found on a distant planet would that upset the Christian view of things ? Was Jesus just for planet earth ?
I doubt it would seriously affect most religions, however it would seriously dent some peoples egos.
I believe that the first computer that shows a human level of intelligence will raise serious questions about the concept of a soul.

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 Jun 09

not really.

It would be very weird for God to have created a whole universe with only one planet inhabited by people.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jun 09

If.
If my aunt had balls...

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
11 Jun 09

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
If.
If my aunt had balls...
If your aunt had ball's she might just be the new leader of a religion on the planet Zergon.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jun 09

If your aunt had ball's she might just be the new leader of a religion on the planet Zergon.
Those sexist Zergonians. Who needs them?

p
Patricia

Moves
11 Jun 09

There have been many saviors, savants, saints, holy people, and spiritual giants throughout the ages that have walked this dusty planet and to truly follow the teachings of the likes of Jesus, Budda, Krisna, Mohamad, etc. would lead one to a life with more love and compassion than would otherwise be. There are probably many planets with lower live forms, aemoba, etc. Intelligent, sentient life forms that are conscious enough to reflect back upon their themselves may be numberous to scant to nonexisent depending upon the formula used or the belief one has. I am not a christian and know not wether the discovery of intelligent life would upset Christians, but the teachings of its Jesus go much deaper than Christianity and it's church's.

Moves
13 Jun 09

Well lets see, the discovery of dinosaur fossils millions of years old haven't put a dent in their willful ignorance so what difference would a few planets with intelligent life make?

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
13 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ullr
Well lets see, the discovery of dinosaur fossils millions of years old haven't put a dent in their willful ignorance so what difference would a few planets with intelligent life make?
You know that dinosaurs were the result of Satan playing around with genetic engineering. Hell is full of dinosaurs.

w

Moves
13 Jun 09
2 edits

Well it seems to me that Christians do believe in life beyond earth. AFter all, they believe in "heaven" and "hell", no? Therefore, I often wonder why no one considers the spiritual realm, or that of another demension, a form of ET?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
13 Jun 09

Where are the Christians to quote from their Old Testament?? It is mentioned that their "god" has a spaceship with an altar inside. Check it out.

F

Moves
13 Jun 09

I would think the fundamental christians would object very much. In their views according to Genisis, Universe was created on Earth. Then how could life be created elsewhere?

The day non-questionable observations shows that there actually are life elsewhere in universe, that day the fundamentalists would deny it completely, look any other way, or confronted, be very upset, calling people for satan, AntiChrist and such, sure as Amen.

But there would alse spring up several cults, based on various verses in the bible, where the other life will be worshipped. Scientology would have a renaissance, poor guys.

s

England

Moves
13 Jun 09

no. god calls us his children, and to go out and teach his faith, as they did after finding south america. no diferent to finding out we are not the centre of the universe, as with the dinos. to quote the "truth is out there" we just have to find it.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
13 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ullr
Wait. What does someone's estimation of the age of a dinosaur fossil have to do with belief in God or Christianity? This isn't just addressed at you; I've seen it come up before. I just don't understand the connection.

F

Moves
13 Jun 09

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Wait. What does someone's estimation of the age of a dinosaur fossil have to do with belief in God or Christianity? This isn't just addressed at you; I've seen it come up before. I just don't understand the connection.
Actually, there are christian fundamentalists who deny (!) that the dinosaurs died out completley 65 million of years ago, that they (dinosaurs) even lived at the same time as humans, even in historic times (!), being onboard the ark of Noah (!).

They are bad represenatives of christians, but they are good representatives of fundamentalists.