"Life on earth is about timing...."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am sorry to say that I simply don't believe you. Why do you keep wasting your time telling me things that you know I do not, and will not believe?
For months you complained that I didn't reply to your posts except with quoted verses from God's Word. This reply was motivated by a desire to restore some semblance of conversation with you and because I care about your eternal destiny.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
For months you complained that I didn't reply to your posts except with quoted verses from God's Word. This reply was motivated by a desire to restore some semblance of conversation with you and because I care about your eternal destiny.
OK, fair enough.
But if you really cared about my eternal destiny, you would put some effort into backing up your claims rather than merely repeating them ad infinitum in the unwarranted hope that I will somehow come to believe them.
I am the sort of person how believes things based on evidence and logic and not because some random poster on the internet keeps repeating it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 15

OK, fair enough.
But if you really cared about my eternal destiny, you would put some effort into backing up your claims rather than merely repeating them ad infinitum in the unwarranted hope that I will somehow come to believe them.
I am the sort of person how believes things based on evidence and logic and not because some random poster on the internet keeps repeating it.
Thanks for your reply. If you have already rejected the God's grace gift of eternal salvation my only option is to pray that you will reconsider your decision. I have no business to ever attempt to coerce you with pressure or argumentation.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jan 15

If you have already rejected the God's grace gift of eternal salvation my only option is to pray that you will reconsider your decision.
I do not believe that I can reject an offer I do not believe I have received.

I have no business to ever attempt to coerce you with pressure or argumentation.
Then why are you here?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Christianity is a religion alongside many others. Muslims claim their religion involves a direct relationship with God too. It's still a religion. Pretending that Christianity is not a religion does not add any mystique or significance to its doctrines, figures and folk stories. Pretending that Christianity is not a religion has everything to do with the self-re ...[text shortened]... a relationship and not a religion no doubt brings comfort to many Christians in troubled times.
I believe those that claim Christianity is not a religion are just trying to distinquish the truth of Christianity from all the false religions that so many others ceremoniously engage in. 😏

F

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe those that claim Christianity is not a religion are just trying to distinquish the truth of Christianity from all the false religions that so many others ceremoniously engage in. 😏
It's a bit of self-righteous preaching to the choir, a kind of rhetorical sleight of hand, a bit of fridge magnetry, although ~ probably ~ most Christians don't go for the "Christianity is not a religion" nonsense.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 15
1 edit

1)I do not believe that I can reject an offer I do not believe I have receiv ed.

I have no business to ever attempt to coerce you with pressure or argumentation.
2) Then why are you here?
1) Are you interested in the possibility of eternal life?

2)To learn from other believers in Christ and to provide accurate information concerning the doctrines of God's Word.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
How do you know that the other religions are false?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 15

[b]"Life on earth is about timing and timing is often everything."

No matter what year we were born, none of us on this spirituality forum nor our family members or trusted friends have any guarantee of tomorrow: the unit of measure of life on earth is one day at a time. An inconvenient truth is that our private decisions determine our happiness and fulfillment or frustration and misery in time as well as our eternal destiny. Thoughts?[/b]
"...our private decisions determine our happiness and fulfillment or frustration and misery in time as well as our eternal destiny."

Reap and sow. Everything a man thinks, says and does has a consequence both in the here and now, and in eternity.

Fact of life.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
Seriously? I thought you were smarter than that!

Do the other religions preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ?

There's your answer.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by josephw
Seriously? I thought you were smarter than that!

Do the other religions preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ?

There's your answer.
How do you know the Gospels are true? There is virtually no evidence from non-Christian sources of the historicity of those events. So how do you know your religion is true and the others are false?

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jan 15

1) Are you interested in the possibility of eternal life?
Yes, but I do not believe such a possibility exists, nor do I believe you have knowledge of such a possibility.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 15

Because I have inherited the characteristic quality of intelligence that allows me to know by reason and logic. 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Jan 15

Yes, but I do not believe such a possibility exists, nor do I believe you have knowledge of such a possibility.

Should you ever change your mind, please let me know.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jan 15

How do you know the Gospels are true? There is virtually no evidence from non-Christian sources of the historicity of those events. So how do you know your religion is true and the others are false?
You are being willingly ignorant again. I suggest you do more research to see where you err.