life after death

life after death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
I guess you fall into the, you do not believe in demons group I take
it, or for that matter even channeling dead people's spirits too?
Kelly
I don't know if demons exist (I seriously doubt it) or if people can channel dead people's spirits (I doubt that, too) but if the guy wants to believe he chatted with his dead mother, what do you care? His belief in such an unlikely event is more plausible than your apparent belief that it was a "demon" deceiving him! Besides if he finds it comforting, good for him. Not everybody wants to believe in the warped fantasies of demons and evil spirits you seem to wallow in.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
08 Nov 05
1 edit

KellyJay, you claim to speak in tongues! On what basis do you assess someone else's behavior as being demon possessed while trusting that your possession is holy?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't know if demons exist (I seriously doubt it) or if people can channel dead people's spirits (I doubt that, too) but if the guy wants to believe he chatted with his dead mother, what do you care? His belief in such an unlikely event is more plausible than your apparent belief that it was a "demon" deceiving him! Besides if he finds it comfortin ...[text shortened]... ybody wants to believe in the warped fantasies of demons and evil spirits you seem to wallow in.
For the same reasons I share what I believe about the human
condition and our fate outside of God's grace, it is dangerous to play
with the demons. I did not if you notice give him anything but a
warning, you on the other hand thought it necessary to belittle both
of us. What do you care if I believe in the demons, or he believes
he chatted with his dead mother? You don't know for sure, yet it
didn't stop you from calling our beliefs "...a bunch of superstitious
rot!!" and us I guess, "...a bunch of nuts!"
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05
1 edit

For the same reasons I share what I believe about the human
condition and our fate outside of God's grace, it is dangerous to play
with the demons. I did not if you notice give him anything but a
warning, you on the other hand thought it necessary to belittle both
of us. What do you care if I believe in the demons, or he believes
he chatted with his d ...[text shortened]... ur beliefs "...a bunch of superstitious
rot!!" and us I guess, "...a bunch of nuts!"
Kelly
No, I was referring to you and checkbaiter as "a bunch of nuts". YOU were belittling his belief that he chatted with his dead mother by suggesting it was a really a demon. His belief brings him comfort; YOUR attacking his beliefs by presenting your superstitious rot as fact was designed to ruin his faith. That's typical of you fanatics; you ridicule other people's beliefs which are more rational and comforting than your own silly tales of boogie men. He might have perfectly good reasons to believe he chatted with his dead mother; you weren't there and I doubt you've ever actually had any experience with "demons" (and, of course, you couldn't "know" they were demons anyway; in your paranoid belief system anything or anybody could be a demon). So leave the guy alone.

EDIT: His belief is more rational than yours because his mother certainly did exist, which is more than we can say for your "demons".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

No, I was referring to you and checkbaiter as "a bunch of nuts". YOU were belittling his belief that he chatted with his dead mother by suggesting it was a really a demon. His belief brings him comfort; YOUR attacking his beliefs by presenting your superstitious rot as fact was designed to ruin his faith. That's typical of you fanatics; you ridicule o ...[text shortened]... yours because his mother certainly did exist, which is more than we can say for your "demons".
Where did I belittle him, care to point that out? I can show you
were you belittled me.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
KellyJay, you claim to speak in tongues! On what basis do you assess someone else's behavior as being demon possessed while trusting that your possession is holy?
Where have I assessed someone's behavior as being demon
possessed? As far as what I have, I trust Jesus' words in scripture,
that when we go to God and ask Him for something God will not
give us something evil instead of the good thing we ask, even
specifically the Holy Spirit.

Luke 11: 11-13

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 05

No, I was referring to you and checkbaiter as "a bunch of nuts". YOU were belittling his belief that he chatted with his dead mother by suggesting it was a really a demon. His belief brings him comfort; YOUR attacking his beliefs by presenting your superstitious rot as fact was designed to ruin his faith. That's typical of you fanatics; you ridicule o ...[text shortened]... yours because his mother certainly did exist, which is more than we can say for your "demons".
I could easily turn that around and say you are the nut, simply because you have no understanding of spiritual matters. But then we are back to the old debate on theology.
What you see as "comfort" may be keeping him from truly coming to grips with what is going on here. He can take or leave the advise, that is up to him, not you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

Where did I belittle him, care to point that out? I can show you
were you belittled me.
Kelly
PLEEZE!! I know you don't bother to read your own posts, but you are insisting that what the guy believes is his mother is in reality A DEMON! Even someone as simple minded as you should be able to understand that that is belittling his beliefs.

Belittle - To cause a person or thing to seem less.

KJ: I'd back off that thinking that God allowed the spirit of a dead
person to enter another, that smakes more of the demonic
than a ghost.

Still wanna insist you didn't "belittle" his belief that he chatted with his dead mother?? Probably, because you're a fanatical idiot.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

PLEEZE!! I know you don't bother to read your own posts, but you are insisting that what the guy believes is his mother is in reality A DEMON! Even someone as simple minded as you should be able to understand that that is belittling his beliefs.

Belittle - To cause a person or thing to seem less.

KJ: I'd back off that thinking that God ...[text shortened]... " his belief that he chatted with his dead mother?? Probably, because you're a fanatical idiot.
Quote me no1, where did I insist, or is this going to be like the
many other times you claimed I said something, and either did
not, or could not show me what it was you accused me of.
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I could easily turn that around and say you are the nut, simply because you have no understanding of spiritual matters. But then we are back to the old debate on theology.
What you see as "comfort" may be keeping him from truly coming to grips with what is going on here. He can take or leave the advise, that is up to him, not you.
Your "advice" was a bunch of fanatical screeching about how Satan is deceiving Christians. I belittle that because it is insane; you don't know that such a thing even exists. On the other hand, he knows his mother did exist. Who's belief is more rational; his belief that someone who certainly existed still does or your belief that something that no one has seen does exist and has some overwhelming influence on Mankind??

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05
2 edits

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

READ MY POST, MORON; I did quote you!

EDIT: Here's more, knucklehead:

KJ: Your point was you believed it to be your mom
enough to not question it, and my point is how do you know? I know
what you want to believe, but that does not make it true or untrue,
it only makes it what you want to believe.
I did not belittle him; I disagreed with his assessment of what he
said occurred. I followed that up with other examples of what could
have occurred; moreover, what is it to you still? You are someone who
belittles almost all of those that disagree with you. Unless of course
that is belittling to you, simply not accepting what you think is true,
is an affront to you personally maybe?
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 05

Your "advice" was a bunch of fanatical screeching about how Satan is deceiving Christians. I belittle that because it is insane; you don't know that such a thing even exists. On the other hand, he knows his mother did exist. Who's belief is more rational; his belief that someone who certainly existed still does or your belief that something that no one has seen does exist and has some overwhelming influence on Mankind??
you don't know that such a thing even exists.

You don't know what I know or have seen. Just because it sounds ridiculous to you does not make it "fanatical screeching". I think you are the one "screeching" here.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
[b] you don't know that such a thing even exists.

You don't know what I know or have seen. Just because it sounds ridiculous to you does not make it "fanatical screeching". I think you are the one "screeching" here.[/b]
LMFAO!!

Checkbaiter: I am just mad at satan and how he tricks God's people.

Send 'em a nasty e-mail.🙄

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

I did not belittle him; I disagreed with his assessment of what he
said occurred. I followed that up with other examples of what could
have occurred; moreover, what is it to you still? You are someone who
belittles almost all of those that disagree with you. Unless of course
that is belittling to you, simply not accepting what you think is true,
is an affront to you personally maybe?
Kelly
It was an affront to him personally, but you're tooooooooo thick and fanatical to see that. The guy was talking about a personal experience involving his dead mother; I suppose it's tooooooooo much to ask a "Christian" like yourself to not call his dead mother a "demon".